Duff...
undo
23 posters

At what point in your life did you get your shit together

coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

At what point in your life did you get your shit together - Page 3 Empty Re: At what point in your life did you get your shit together

Post by coyote Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Bruegel wrote:have you moved back into your own house yet avec?

yeah, lol
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

At what point in your life did you get your shit together - Page 3 Empty Re: At what point in your life did you get your shit together

Post by chrondog Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:54 am

coyote wrote:go to a mosque for services

i've always thought something like this would be cool. like, just tour places of worship on Saturday or Sunday mornings. it gives you something to get up and something powerful and different to experience.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:04 pm

wp64 wrote:You pay taxes and support a massive war machine that is killing Afghan children. You're not a hero and you are never going to be.
    jesus fucking christ, dude

you need to start picking your battles and realizing that being so incredibly dour is going to fucking kill you
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Have you ever noticed... all our information is controlled by the people who misinform us... that's fucked up
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Coyote - I'm curious to know if you follow Umair Haque (@umairh) on Twitter and what your thoughts are regarding his outlook for this generation. Assuming of course, you use that website.
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:14 am

Nick wrote:Coyote - I'm curious to know if you follow Umair Haque (@umairh) on Twitter and what your thoughts are regarding his outlook for this generation. Assuming of course, you use that website.

I don't have twitter and don't really understand it. Just tried to read his posts but seemed like he was responding to some other twits, so I can't get a handle on who this guy is.

Seems like an intellectual with big ideas, I looked over the wiki entry. I give him credit for trying to change or explain how capitalism should move forward, but still have no sense about what his ideas actually are.

I am not interested in corporate strategy though. I just want to live with the culture and not in it.

I tried reading a bit of him and it's too business-speak for me.
    Anonymous
    Pierina

At what point in your life did you get your shit together - Page 3 Empty My time

Post by Pierina Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:56 pm

About a week ago, and I am still in the process. It is hard, you feel weak sometimes, but every little thing you accomplish matters. It is a matter of decision. I was tired of not using my potential of having so many dreams and not doing anything to really pursue them. You need discipline, self-confidence and understanding it is a process of consistency. The party animal is dead, I am in my first year in college. Now I know there is a balance between having a good time and just going out for inertia, careless. When you realize how much you can do, you realize your potential, only you set the limit and the guidelines. I have high goals, but none will become true if real effort doesn't come with them. It is my time, not to shine, but use all my potential to generate an impact and make my city, country and the world in general a better place.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:04 am

jesus jones wrote:
    wp64 wrote:You pay taxes and support a massive war machine that is killing Afghan children. You're not a hero and you are never going to be.
    jesus fucking christ, dude

you need to start picking your battles and realizing that being so incredibly dour is going to fucking kill you
    It's not like I live my day to day life trying to grapple with this. I am just cognizant of it and realize that it means that hero worship is pointless as long as we live within oppressive institutions.

And yeah, of course there is meaningful change that can be achieved to reform our systemic crisis and I want to assist in those 'battles'. But it shouldn't be the end goal.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:50 am

Someh wrote:Have you ever noticed... all our information is controlled by the people who misinform us... that's fucked up
    This is because all of the anarchist and Marxist literature has been hoarded by Andy T so he can unintentionally ruin his family's cruise experience.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Post by damo suzuki Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:35 am

Woke up at 4am this morning. Showered, had a bagel, looked at the weather report. Got dressed.

Headed off to work for 8am. Halfway there... today is Easter Sunday.

Sitting here in my pajama bottoms w/ a dress shirt, tie and dress socks still on.

I do not have my shit together at all.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Is it acceptable for a 30 something dude with his shit together to wear Nike Air Force 1 high tops?
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Post by yancy Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:39 pm

I hope so! (Not a fan of high tops in particular, but I wear plenty of comparable sneakers.)
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Post by damo suzuki Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Don't see why not, Nick.

Might not wear AF1s with a three piece suit or to a formal meeting/presentation. Or just work in general.

But I wear black low top AF1s all the time with jeans for average/everyday casual wear. Jeans + a clean cotton tshirt, polo or button up are pretty much AF1 fodder.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:53 am

my big brother is getting married saturday.  i get to give a toast.

also, buying a new (used) car next week. 

also, buying a new bike in the very near future. 

feeling like my shits all in order these days.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Definitely now. Married, child, great job that pays well.

Can only go downhill from here!
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 992
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:00 pm

At what point in your life did you get your shit together - Page 3 647736119
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 992
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:02 pm

Today at the airport, some cool kid that thought I was a peer got weirdly intimidated when I told him my rank.
    Still way too much of a doofus with no defined life projection to be considered, "together," but I felt pretty cool about that.

Last edited by Ned Braden on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

Post by undo Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:15 pm

I have my foot in the door, who know if it'll be another one or two or three years before I can get a full time position in this field, but I am not too concerned about that atm. This is the point, right now, that I've been trying to get to since my fucking 20s. It's happening now and I still can't wrap my head around it.

This is the closest I've come to having it together, I still feel like an imposter and that may never change.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:11 pm

I feel the same way about being an imposter. As much as I feel the need to be accepted by mainstream society to find comfort and stability, I am unable to see myself as "one of them". I believe I will always think of myself as someone who is too nihilistic, crude, childlike, and countercultural to be totally at ease amongst the regular folk. It is a very isolating feeling at times, although I suspect many people feel this way because of the pressure from society to conform. I bet lots of people look at me and think "look at this mainstream asshole" in the same way that I silently judge them.
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Afraid to read what I posted in this thread in 2013
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

Post by undo Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:It's funny imagining myself being able to contribute to this thread. That's how far away I am from ever getting my shit together. It's unimaginable.

Anonymous wrote:The only thing I know for sure is that it would be unconscionable to ever have kids and bring more life onto this earth. That's my idea of having my shit together.

Anonymous wrote:You pay taxes and support a massive war machine that is killing Afghan children. You're not a hero and you are never going to be.

Who was this?
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:46 pm

Wrestlingpun64
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:13 am

I'm re-reading the things I posted in this thread and it is making me so upset. I'm sorry guys.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:16 am

I've made progress since, I swear, and I hope my contributions to this fine message board reflect this growth. I am probably still very far away from getting my shit together in a material sense but I have definitely matured and understand myself in a very different way. I also really hope to have kids someday and have always felt that way. Kids are the best!
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:09 am

I think we can all say that about stuff we've posted at one time or another.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:37 am