3 posters

Interesting article about sweat in yesterday's Wall Street Journal

Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Interesting article about sweat in yesterday's Wall Street Journal Empty Interesting article about sweat in yesterday's Wall Street Journal

Post by Ted Falconi Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 pm

Forgot my book and read this article in the lunch room today:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323926104578278290520663794.html

Researchers collected sweat from 64 men during their first time skydiving and again while exercising. They then looked at the response of 14 other people while inhaling the different sweats.
    Johan Lundström, an associate member of the Monell Center, has conducted studies showing that when a person smells the body odor of a stranger the body's neural fear network gets activated, even when the person isn't aware of what they are smelling.
    In a 2003 study he was involved with, 18 women exposed to the underarm odor of several men showed evidence of altered mood, including increased relaxation.

The very existence of those studies is more interesting to me than the results.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Interesting article about sweat in yesterday's Wall Street Journal Empty Re: Interesting article about sweat in yesterday's Wall Street Journal

Post by Nick Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:34 am

Is it weird that I'd like to see women smell my sweat and study their reactions?
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Interesting article about sweat in yesterday's Wall Street Journal Empty Re: Interesting article about sweat in yesterday's Wall Street Journal

Post by Duff... Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 am

Yes.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 am

I'm not one to hold back science however so onward I say.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks for the honesty,Duff. But I am still interested in this regardless.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:12 am