Running

chrondog
    Puts commas, where they don't belong

Pizzas : 206

Re: Running

Post by chrondog on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 pm

My man boobs don't jiggle nearly as much as they used to so I feel like I'm getting close
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Waitin' For the Bus

Pizzas : 246
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm

good interview w/ Colin McCourt, former world class miler trying to get back into shape after 5 years of not running.
    https://medium.com/the-morning-shakeout/going-long-an-interview-with-colin-mccourt-f4980cc89ad5#.rd1huori1
    Ned Braden
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 535
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:13 pm

chrondog wrote:My man boobs don't jiggle nearly as much as they used to so I feel like I'm getting close
    Anthony's man boobs jiggled a little bit in the Under the Bridge video and we all know how that turned out, so no-jiggling certainly isn't a requirement.
    Ҩ
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 41
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by Ҩ on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:19 am

Ҩ wrote:I'm definitely in the worst shape of my life and it is probably only going to get worse unless I change something. However, I still feel like I am probably more 'fit' than a lot of American men my age, which really doesn't mean shit.
    I've been gradually rectifying this. I started working out about a year ago to help cope with my anxiety issues. It didn't help immediately, but after it became routine it has been really transformative. I've finally gotten into running pretty regularly. When I started I was struggling through an 8:30 mile. The other day I ran a 5k at an 8-minute pace though, which was exhausting but I felt very proud of myself about it. I know that it isn't very good and I won't ever be in the type of cardiovascular shape as CoE or Ned, but I'd like to train during the year for a triathlon. That would be an awesome accomplishment.

My biggest hurdle is that I'm still smoking close to a pack/day right now. I plan to quit right after getting back from Italy because I'll have a month before I move back to the city and start working where I can just cool out, use the patch and gum, and finally kick the habit. Wish me luck!
    Soma
    Probably a fake Vinyl Cape Jawa

Pizzas : 208

Post by Soma on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:00 am

I think I'm getting running gear for my birthday

I really want to compete in a half marathon, and it bums me out that I've still never got around to putting in the hours for one
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Waitin' For the Bus

Pizzas : 246
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion on Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:52 am

Ҩ wrote:
    Ҩ wrote:I'm definitely in the worst shape of my life and it is probably only going to get worse unless I change something. However, I still feel like I am probably more 'fit' than a lot of American men my age, which really doesn't mean shit.
    I've been gradually rectifying this. I started working out about a year ago to help cope with my anxiety issues. It didn't help immediately, but after it became routine it has been really transformative. I've finally gotten into running pretty regularly. When I started I was struggling through an 8:30 mile. The other day I ran a 5k at an 8-minute pace though, which was exhausting but I felt very proud of myself about it. I know that it isn't very good and I won't ever be in the type of cardiovascular shape as CoE or Ned, but I'd like to train during the year for a triathlon. That would be an awesome accomplishment.

My biggest hurdle is that I'm still smoking close to a pack/day right now. I plan to quit right after getting back from Italy because I'll have a month before I move back to the city and start working where I can just cool out, use the patch and gum, and finally kick the habit. Wish me luck!

that's a really good 5k, be happy with that, especially since it's still new to you. most of my "non-competitive event" runs are around a similar pace. once your body gets used to understanding what a hard effort is vs a "going out for a jaunt" effort, both of them get a little easier & faster for you. good work!

i've only been running 1x a week since the little guy showed up. tuesday morning runs with a group of friends who drop me on the last mile every week because my fitness isn't improving and i'm already exhausted. but i signed up for 4 mile run in KC over the 4th where it'll probably be in the 90s! that'll be a blast.
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 442

Post by Bruegel on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 pm

I don't now why I haven't posted this before but better late than never:

https://www.instagram.com/run.robla.run/

One of my best mates from Uni is running back and forth across your great country (like Forrest Gump) for charity.

He's been averaging over 40 miles a day for a year now and is breaking lots of records
    Ҩ
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 41
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by Ҩ on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still working on this and slowly working my way up. I had to go out and buy some new running shoes the other day because my old ones were completely worn through and they were killing my calves. I have a slick pair of blue Nike trainers now.

victory
    Ned Braden
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 535
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Best run I’ve had in ages:

Portland, Maine is my favorite new place.
    petey
    Woman over 40

Pizzas : 42

Post by petey Yesterday at 10:50 am

That is a nice run

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:43 am