23 posters

Running

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Running  - Page 4 Empty Re: Running

Post by chrondog Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:38 pm

My man boobs don't jiggle nearly as much as they used to so I feel like I'm getting close
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm

good interview w/ Colin McCourt, former world class miler trying to get back into shape after 5 years of not running.
    https://medium.com/the-morning-shakeout/going-long-an-interview-with-colin-mccourt-f4980cc89ad5#.rd1huori1
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:13 pm

chrondog wrote:My man boobs don't jiggle nearly as much as they used to so I feel like I'm getting close
    Anthony's man boobs jiggled a little bit in the Under the Bridge video and we all know how that turned out, so no-jiggling certainly isn't a requirement.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:19 am

Ҩ wrote:I'm definitely in the worst shape of my life and it is probably only going to get worse unless I change something. However, I still feel like I am probably more 'fit' than a lot of American men my age, which really doesn't mean shit.
    I've been gradually rectifying this. I started working out about a year ago to help cope with my anxiety issues. It didn't help immediately, but after it became routine it has been really transformative. I've finally gotten into running pretty regularly. When I started I was struggling through an 8:30 mile. The other day I ran a 5k at an 8-minute pace though, which was exhausting but I felt very proud of myself about it. I know that it isn't very good and I won't ever be in the type of cardiovascular shape as CoE or Ned, but I'd like to train during the year for a triathlon. That would be an awesome accomplishment.

My biggest hurdle is that I'm still smoking close to a pack/day right now. I plan to quit right after getting back from Italy because I'll have a month before I move back to the city and start working where I can just cool out, use the patch and gum, and finally kick the habit. Wish me luck!
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:00 am

I think I'm getting running gear for my birthday

I really want to compete in a half marathon, and it bums me out that I've still never got around to putting in the hours for one
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:52 am

Ҩ wrote:
    Ҩ wrote:I'm definitely in the worst shape of my life and it is probably only going to get worse unless I change something. However, I still feel like I am probably more 'fit' than a lot of American men my age, which really doesn't mean shit.
    I've been gradually rectifying this. I started working out about a year ago to help cope with my anxiety issues. It didn't help immediately, but after it became routine it has been really transformative. I've finally gotten into running pretty regularly. When I started I was struggling through an 8:30 mile. The other day I ran a 5k at an 8-minute pace though, which was exhausting but I felt very proud of myself about it. I know that it isn't very good and I won't ever be in the type of cardiovascular shape as CoE or Ned, but I'd like to train during the year for a triathlon. That would be an awesome accomplishment.

My biggest hurdle is that I'm still smoking close to a pack/day right now. I plan to quit right after getting back from Italy because I'll have a month before I move back to the city and start working where I can just cool out, use the patch and gum, and finally kick the habit. Wish me luck!

that's a really good 5k, be happy with that, especially since it's still new to you. most of my "non-competitive event" runs are around a similar pace. once your body gets used to understanding what a hard effort is vs a "going out for a jaunt" effort, both of them get a little easier & faster for you. good work!

i've only been running 1x a week since the little guy showed up. tuesday morning runs with a group of friends who drop me on the last mile every week because my fitness isn't improving and i'm already exhausted. but i signed up for 4 mile run in KC over the 4th where it'll probably be in the 90s! that'll be a blast.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 pm

I don't now why I haven't posted this before but better late than never:

https://www.instagram.com/run.robla.run/

One of my best mates from Uni is running back and forth across your great country (like Forrest Gump) for charity.

He's been averaging over 40 miles a day for a year now and is breaking lots of records
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still working on this and slowly working my way up. I had to go out and buy some new running shoes the other day because my old ones were completely worn through and they were killing my calves. I have a slick pair of blue Nike trainers now.

victory
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:05 pm

Best run I’ve had in ages:
    Running  - Page 4 1a534a10

Portland, Maine is my favorite new place.
    petey
    petey
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 49

Post by petey Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:50 am

That is a nice run
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:48 pm

I got a membership to a gym yesterday. I’ve only worked out in the solitude of my basement for years but felt the need to change it up.

This morning I got there early and enjoyed the experience until around 8:15. Lots of people started to show up & I got uncomfortable & had to leave.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Feeling you. That's why I only work out at home.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:58 pm

For whatever reason I always find it more likely I'll work out if I have to leave the house to do so. But then I always used the park district as opposed to a gym, and maybe the different clientele mattes, I dunno.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Nick wrote:I got a membership to a gym yesterday. I’ve only worked out in the solitude of my basement for years but felt the need to change it up.

This morning I got there early and enjoyed the experience until around 8:15. Lots of people started to show up & I got uncomfortable & had to leave.
    It took me a while to get into a comfortable routine at the gym I am going to and the first few times I just up and left after like 20 minutes. This is probably a particularly bad time of year to start going as well given everyone starting their resolutions.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:18 am

i've never liked going to the gym.

gonna start a routine at home just doing repetitive things like pushups, situps, lunges, squats, planks, and try to get runs in 3-4 days a week. i haven't been "fit" in a while, i've got work to do!
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:32 pm

i try to do this routine 2-3 times a week

i don't know why i latched on to this particular YouTube video and in no way do i actually do this 2-3 times a week. but it is the main core workout i've done for the past 4 years.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:03 pm

goals

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:54 am

Maybe I posted it somewhere else, but that Murakami memoir, “What I Talk About When I Talk About Running” is bomb as shit.

Ran 10 miles today (outdoors!) and the albums on my iPod were Wipers Youth of America and Young Thug Jeffrey.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 pm

I finally got over my weird mental block where I couldn't run more than a 5k at a given time. I was only running at a 10:00 mile pace, which I know is literally a fucking stroll for some of you, but I did eight consecutive miles.

I'm working on getting my 5k time below 25:00. I'm getting closer and closer. My goal for the end of the year is to run a half-marathon and I am going to sign up for the Milan marathon in April of 2019 and run it unless than 4 hours.

Running is super fun.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Once I started my job I found it hard to find time to run but I discovered that my company offers a very strong discount at a local fitness club with a gym in it so I'll be joining. I can't wait to run, play bocce ball, and let my nuts hang out in the teakwood sauna!
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Ҩ wrote:Running is super fun.

I'll never understand you people.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:46 pm

C-poots wrote:Once I started my job I found it hard to find time to run
    This is a huge issue for me as well, but once the weather turns it will hopefully be easier to motivate myself.
    Duff... wrote:I'll never understand you people.
    Honestly, neither do I. I always hated running and I am not very good at. However, I no longer drink or smoke and so the only rush that I get now is from a runner's high, which are pretty insane. I can't tell sometimes if I am experiencing a runner's high or if I am about to pass the fuck out, which is kind of scary when you are running on a treadmill.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 pm

Running is... a savior for me in a lot of ways. It helps me cope with my self-sabotaging brain. It’s a way to “meditate” without actually meditating, which I’ve always thought would be torture. If you have functioning headphones and a decent portable music player, it’s a way to actually listen to albums, which is fun. It’s a pretty great way to stay fit, and in my experience, potential romantic partners dig that shit.
    Plus, following from post above: runner’s high is a real deal, serious fucking thing. I’m convinced it’s the only reason I haven’t become a heroin addict or some bullshit. There are few things in life these days that I enjoy as much as getting myself high as fuck by running and shortly afterward, feeling super exhausted and passing out in a deep and dreamless sleep. Also, a solid run makes two beers seem like 4 beers. Also, I really really really enjoy looking at things on planet earth, and running is a great way to sight see. I like running.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:10 am

Ned I’m not much of a runner but I feel the same way about mowing the lawn so I am with you 100 percent.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:30 am

God damn guys: https://www.runnersworld.com/elite-runners/yuki-kawauchi-the-marathon-rock-star

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content