Ted Falconi
21 posters

JDFF EOY CHALLOPS - Official Thread

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

JDFF EOY CHALLOPS - Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: JDFF EOY CHALLOPS - Official Thread

Post by Duff... Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Spoiler:

Only if you really need it.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

JDFF EOY CHALLOPS - Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: JDFF EOY CHALLOPS - Official Thread

Post by techno raj Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

I can't blurb anything for the next few days, but if you get to Thursday and you still need something for

Spoiler:

let me know.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:49 pm

thanks but I think I'm just gonna plow through the rest before then
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:18 pm

Seems like I'm the last person to have discovered the song Raj spoiler'd. That's what happens when you get new music from Jimmy Fallon instead of Pitchfork.
    monotony
    monotony
    Vanity-published Eco-horror Fiction Writer

Pizzas : 65

Post by monotony Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 pm

i have a blurb for EIE you can use if you want
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 31

Post by spiritofeden Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am

somebody write a blurb for Bat For Lashes - Laura for me.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:24 am

I could get my 16 year old sister to jump in on that one.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:20 am

Do it.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:18 am

Yeah, seconded.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am

I just listen to all three of those songs and have nothing positive or negative to say about them.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Why does PT do this every year? Moaning that an album he liked didn't make the top 10 when no fucker had heard of it until early December.

Same as his complaining that anyone who likes First Aid Kit must like Indigo Girls. Fuck do they.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:36 pm

He doesn't understand how anyone can have different opinions than his own.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:44 pm

He doesn't understand the effect of past actions upon the present situation.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Guess I won't be adjusting my ignore list then.
    tjenz
    tjenz

Pizzas : 77

Post by tjenz Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:39 pm

I feel sorry for any who usese that dude as their therapist

Pizzas : 31

Post by spiritofeden Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Someh wrote:I could get my 16 year old sister to jump in on that one.

I ended up coming up with some bull shit. but do this anyways, and undo can choose,
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Enjoying these Zappo blurbs.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Also looking fwd to seeing whatever it is that Paves blurbed that I can't see on my work computer.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Monotony, posted that blurb in your LoPP1 inbox. Sorry for how late it was.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Ned Braden wrote:Also looking fwd to seeing whatever it is that Paves blurbed that I can't see on my work computer.
    You're going to enjoy it.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks, Ned. I've heard neither of those records, for what it's worth.
    monotony
    monotony

Post by monotony Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:03 pm

wp64 wrote:Monotony, posted that blurb in your LoPP1 inbox. Sorry for how late it was.

no worries bro, thanks for coming through

Miguel Que, if you're reading this, I need yours next to keep going with proceedings
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:00 pm

Fuck, sorry that took so long. In your inbox now.
    monotony
    monotony

Post by monotony Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:34 pm

Anyone wanna write a Killer Mike blurb? My charges keep bailing on me.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 am

Work is so boring. When I don’t have anything to do I sit around for the entire morning looking at hockey headlines, which have been really scarce so far this year, and screwing around on internet websites. What really sucks is that during these morning hours, most of the members on the Jim Derogotis Fan Forum and Ninja Turtles Fans Posting message boards are all asleep, so I don’t even get to refresh my feeds for new posts. This morning was pretty interesting though, because I saw a newspaper headline on the bbc that read: Puppy Thrown at German Biker Gang - German student "mooned" a group of Hell's Angels and hurled a puppy at them before escaping on a stolen bulldozer. So that made me laugh for a while, and it also made me think about the political and social ramifications of attacking bad gang people with puppies, not to mention the potential reactions of organizations like PETA to such violent acts. But then I got bored again, and luckily I saw a PM from Monotony that said he was looking for a blurb on the Killer Mike album.

Well, “boy howdy!” I thought to myself. Time to help bring some positive good time vibes to the world using my writing skills. This is appropriate for the Killer Mikes record because that is what this man does too. Only he does it much harder and better. Whereas the pen is mightier than the sword, Killer Mike knows that the mic is mightier than a barrel full of lethally charged pens and he uses his word bullets on the mic to take aims on the political oppressors who have been burying us in a world of shit since the days of yore. The first target on his agenda? Political heir to the throne of Joseph P Stalin, Ronald Reagan himself. Mike takes charge with his angry verbiage, reducing Ronald to a rubble and “calling him out.” Do you remember where you were when the USA went to war against Russia despite the pleas of peace activists across the globe? Well M to the I.K.E. does, and he reminds us, shouting his call to arms over a crunked out break beat produced by game veterans diplo and Elp. There are a range of styles showcased on the rest of the album’s tracks as well, from latin jazz fusion to deep listening trance and tribal house, and a variety of politically charged messages like a woman’s right to choose, gun control, and racism against blacks, as well as a long-awaited diss track against… well, I won’t spoil it for you, just listen for yourself on soundcloud!!!!!

I listened to this album once in the car, and thought it was pretty cool. I remember I clicked one of the tracks and rated it 5 stars, so it likely would’ve appeared on my top tracks playlist if my stupid ipod wouldn’t have broken. One thing is for certain, Killer Mike is at the top of his game, boasting a sound that could only be described as equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush, resulting in a true cornucopia of sound pleasure, that although sometimes jarring, is no less rewarding. I look forward to seeing everything this man does in the future! 6 thumbs up!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am