Pizzas : 190

Re: college forever

Post by Soma on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:22 pm

undo
    a stomach churning mess of bass

Pizzas : 398

Post by undo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:04 pm

What do you do to get yourself motivated when you find yourself not caring about anything at all?
    reuben
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 591

Post by reuben on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Spite is a great motivator. If you're not motivated to succeed for its own value you can still be compelled to do well in school and on tests just to screw up the curve for all the classmates you don't like.
    raj gibson
    Radical Bitch

Pizzas : 157

Post by raj gibson on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:25 pm

Techno Raj's seven-step plan for self-actualization©

1. I don't care about anything at all
    2. I'm frustrated/angry that that's the case
    3. I want to take my anger out on something
    4. I imagine work/project/life goal as a person/thing I want to attack/destroy
    5. I diligently pursue it as a "fuck you" to the imaginary persona of the goal
    6. I give myself metrics (even if they're basically arbitrary) so my pursuit of the goal feels like a game or competition
    7. I feel better
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 180

Post by Paves on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:34 pm

Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:37 pm

The baby step that you've already taken is that you at least care about producing something that isn't a waste of the professor's time, correct? So you're already at least one baby step ahead of most people in school taking the same classes as you. Now you just have to identify the next baby step and take that one!
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 pm

LOL, just noticed my "comments" section. This forum is alright.
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:44 pm

If you run out of pot, don't buy more. Unless it makes you productive.
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 335

Post by yancy on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:24 pm

undo wrote:What do you do to get yourself motivated when you find yourself not caring about anything at all?
    Get out of the house, go for a random drive, think of somewhere to go while in the car, even if it's a small errand. Working at home, I often fall prey to cabin fever (especially in this weather) and need a literal breath of fresh air and some sun, even shitty winter sun, to snap out of it.

If you're already going to campus every day then I guess my method is redundant.
    Soma
    Stolen Bulldozer

Pizzas : 190

Post by Soma on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Paves wrote:LOL, just noticed my "comments" section. This forum is alright.

Oh God I hadn't seen mine until now.

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 pm

I realized last night that the intolerance of my roommate is holding me back from doing much in college. He is gone this weekend so I ended up hanging out with the rest of the dudes on my hall. Drank a bunch, laughed a bunch at crazy stories, and then ended the night by hooking up with this girl I know.

Solid night. Woke up at 2 PM today and drank some Gatorage to cure my hangover.

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:12 pm

Everyone's conception of me on the floor is incredibly funny. I guess I am just a really quiet, hipster, fucking lol. People here are really worried about everyone's self-confidence and feel the need to tell you like 10 times/hour precisely how cool you are. I just never stopped laughing the whole night at how ridiculous everything was.

As I was going to bed at 3 am there was this kid passed out in one of the stalls with the door locked. We could hear him snoring. We were banging mercilessly on the door of the stall but he was not regaining consciousness. We ended up just leaving him there. I didn't really think twice about it either. Whoops?

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Oh, and I set the curve for my philosophy paper. I'm the youngest dude in the class by several years. Feeling pretty good! cheers
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 335

Post by yancy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:16 pm

wp64 wrote:As I was going to bed at 3 am there was this kid passed out in one of the stalls with the door locked. We could hear him snoring. We were banging mercilessly on the door of the stall but he was not regaining consciousness. We ended up just leaving him there. I didn't really think twice about it either. Whoops?
    He was snoring, which means he was alive and (basically) well. Normal college shit. Don't sweat it.
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:40 am

wp64 wrote:I guess I am just a really quiet, hipster, fucking lol.

I didn't really talk to people in my dorm but I always wondered what they thought of the music that I regularly blasted the shit out of, which included Burning Witch and the Maroon 5 remix album.
    Nick

Pizzas : 584

Post by Nick on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 am

When I was in the dorms I lived next to a black dude that played "Genie in a Bottle" 65,000 times a day. You kids don't have it so bad!
    Michael K.
    Liked Don Charisma on Facebook

Pizzas : 67
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 pm

I think you'd have a hard time playing "Genie In a Bottle" more than 390x/day. rabbit
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 pm

That dude was definitely beatin' off in there. A lot.
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Good for him, I say!
    Nick

Pizzas : 584

Post by Nick on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:36 pm

Michael K. wrote:I think you'd have a hard time playing "Genie In a Bottle" more than 390x/day. rabbit

Good post, Michael K!

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:45 pm

I met up with my roommate and a bunch of his friends last night. They kept purchasing me alcohol and refusing my money, I think I ended up drinking close to $20 worth of drinks. One of his friends is some girl who kept touching me while telling my roommate how cute I was. I felt like a puppy dog. At one point she told me that I could "fuck any girl in this bar right now." Pretty funny thing to hear from someone, even if it couldn't be further from the truth.

Woke up feeling really hungover. All three of my roommates friends were sleeping on the ground. They left to get breakfast and I turned on Sun Araw and kept on sleeping. Now I am trying to tackle the mess that is my room. I have not cleaned, dusted, or vacuumed this entire quarter. Shit is getting ridiculous.

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Paves, how hard is it to learn how to play guitar? I don't want to learn by doing bullshit chord progressions or playing the blues. I just wanna shred the fuck out like John Dwyer. How does someone do that?
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Only advice I have that doesn't involve time travel is "start, keep doing it, and don't stop."

If you could post an example of Dwyer's (or anyone's) guitar style that you enjoy, perhaps I could do my best to describe what he's doing and what it takes to get there. Perhaps.

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:01 pm

High-quality video that pretty much shows everything that man is capable of doing. Their sound is such a crazy combination of bouncy pop music and messy psychedelic fuzzy bullshit. It is just a ton of fun watching him transition from some totally far out soloing to just really regimented, bouncy riffs.

http://www.ky3.com/videogallery/72667956/News/Morning-News-anchors-rock-out-on-set-to-apos-Ty-Segall-apos
    Not so much interested in the guitar work in this video. Just think it is an incredible video and shit like that should happen more often on public access television!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:00 am