DBaggins
undo
17 posters

Late Night Sound Experiments

DBaggins
    DBaggins
    Stock Boy at Marshall's

Pizzas : 28

Late Night Sound Experiments - Page 3 Empty Re: Late Night Sound Experiments

Post by DBaggins Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:19 am

From my newest album. Made out of a shit ton of high quality multi-sampled guitars. After seeing Tim Hecker a 2nd time I got inspired to make a change in my music. This whole album is made out of super high quality sampled instruments.
    chicken invaders
    chicken invaders
    Republican Cousin

Pizzas : 4

Post by chicken invaders Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:16 am

my latest:

jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:57 am

https://soundcloud.com/potluck-1/sets/curtains-breathe-to-death

here's my new record
    DBaggins
    DBaggins
    Stock Boy at Marshall's

Post by DBaggins Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Where can I purchase said record, Jesus Jones? I have your cassette and love it.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:43 pm

you can get it from http://www.potluckfoundation.com/ on april 22!
    DBaggins
    DBaggins
    Stock Boy at Marshall's

Post by DBaggins Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Wish I could preorder, this will be at the top of my top list this year. Sounds great!
    DBaggins
    DBaggins
    Stock Boy at Marshall's

Post by DBaggins Wed May 28, 2014 7:59 pm

I relearned guitar just to make this song. Reverb drenched electric guitar over a haunted choir. Pretty much Lovesliescrushing worship (somewhat on accident).

jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by jesus jones Wed May 28, 2014 8:38 pm

i mailed your cassette today - sorry for the long, long wait
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Wed May 28, 2014 8:40 pm

Dbaggins, that sounds pretty cool I like the depth you were able to capture, tho "relearned guitar" for this piece demands some sort of suspect.gif reaction. How many notes are in this tune, like four? Did you forget how to hold it or something?
    DBaggins
    DBaggins
    Stock Boy at Marshall's

Post by DBaggins Wed May 28, 2014 9:29 pm

There are 2 layers of guitar. 2nd part is noisy low part
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Wed May 28, 2014 9:37 pm

Yeah missed the point on that one, but whatever it sounds good.
    DBaggins
    DBaggins
    Stock Boy at Marshall's

Post by DBaggins Wed May 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Well, I barely could play guitar before. I just never 'got' guitar for some reason.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:22 am

BD&O : Big Dumb and Obvious. This is my attempt at a modern pop song with all the EDM trappings. Made it last night in a few hours and wont ever properly master it -- the goal is to make enough of these poppy songs so that I can figure out what works and sell a track to some pop singer and sell out and pay off maybe 1/3 of my student debt!
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:42 am

8 Minutes of pure fun! Its a dancy track, I tried to emulate a DJ to some degree so the transitions are abrupt at times but flow together for an experience you're sure to never forget!!

Also, don't listen on laptop speakers because you won't get any bass, pretty much at all.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:21 pm

I sort of like how this track turned out. Its all Garageband Midi instruments, Wurlitzers, bass, and Drums. I'd be curious what you guys think of it.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

Post by undo Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:36 pm

I like it.

Kanoodle is great, too.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:52 am

thanks for listening, undo
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:41 pm

I've been working on this for a little while. I started it after a MBV binge and wanted to try to emulate the bending guitars using Garageband midi guitars. It ended up taking on a life of its own and has some Explosions in the Sky and Tortoise vibes as well. If you listen, don't use little speakers cause it has sub bass.

Always enjoy getting you guys' feedback.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:34 pm

I'm trying to make things that could be played live, hopefully to record a live ep of some sorts. This one came from listening to some Turn on the Bright Lights and Do Make Say Think.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:16 pm

a coworker of mine has a friend who's dad has a studio in his basement.  we are getting together every couple of weeks.  though he has a studio he isn't using his dad's recording equipment LMAO so I brought my tascam and plugged it in.  I didn't use a mic so it's hard to hear my voice.  but I'm singing and playing the main lead guitar on this. fast forward to like a minute in lol for the start  

a neil young cover obviously

https://soundcloud.com/user-69334255/down-by-the-riverwav
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:48 pm

jesus jones wrote:https://soundcloud.com/potluck-1/sets/curtains-breathe-to-death

here's my new record

Combing through this thread: really like this!!!
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:22 pm

Do any of you use an iPad for music recording/software?  Do you have any recommendations for models/type I would need?

basically I can afford a regular iPad, and don't want to spring for a Pro...and want to know if that is workable with garage band, some soft synths, midi capable, etc.
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Wed May 10, 2017 9:12 pm

coyote wrote:a coworker of mine has a friend who's dad has a studio in his basement.  we are getting together every couple of weeks.  though he has a studio he isn't using his dad's recording equipment LMAO so I brought my tascam and plugged it in.  I didn't use a mic so it's hard to hear my voice.  but I'm singing and playing the main lead guitar on this.  fast forward to like a minute in lol for the start  

a neil young cover obviously

https://soundcloud.com/user-69334255/down-by-the-riverwav

this basement band is a lot of fun. discovered the drummer was a fan of Neu! I could tell by the way he drummed, he always locks into a kraut rock groove.

I've been recording my daughter singing over my guitar playing weekly, so I guess we are in a band now too.

Also I just got an iPad so I am working on a lot of ambient music. and starting some ideas for the basement band, and a drone/stoner metal/rock group I want to start.

having lots of fun
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:33 am

This was a combination of a break-up song and a song about longing for someone else. It is pretty strongly inspired by Keith Fullerton Whitman's Multiples piano piece, Phantogram's Answer, and typical post rock songs I like.

I sing in this too. Would be curious what you guys think.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:48 pm

New Track. Went crazy for that Bella Saer - U Ne Cla Na song I posted, and been listening to lots of Lou Reed and Pavement, so I guess this is the outcome when that happens.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 am