Post by Ted Falconi on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:27 pm

I really enjoyed this recent interview with my new role model James Franco:

Also enlightening, Louie CK

chrondog
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 218

Re: Howard Stern in 2013 and beyond

Post by chrondog on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:02 pm

this James Franco interview is brilliant. he's always been such a great celeb.
    Ted Falconi
    Ex flatmate

Pizzas : 284

Post by Ted Falconi on Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 pm

May be of interest to some people here:

Also in the past few weeks, Mellencamp, Meghan McCain, Bill Murray, Billy Idol, Iron Man/Sherlock Holmes guy/ Aziz, Joe Perry, Smokey Robinson.  Admittedly, no one of interest to anyone under like 25 but STILL.  Also this

(Robin) played some Phish so everyone could hear what they're like. She started with Divided Sky and started at the "DIVIDED SKY THE WIND BLOWS HIGH". Howard was like, I kinda like this. Then they completely lost him during the mary had a little lamb section. But he perked up again when they got back into the "normal" part of the song.

Then she played Simple. Howard really, really liked the riff. When the singing came on he completely tuned out. To his credit, that vocals were not the greatest on that particular version.

Next was Limb by Limb. Again, Howard really loved the opening riff. He then made a remark about how Phish seems to write great riffs but they can't base songs around them the way David Lee Roth did with Van Halen's riffs. Once they got into the reggae groove he kinda tuned out.

Next was Walls of the Cave, which Robin mistakenly called Walls of the One. Not sure why she called it that but she often makes (redacted) mistakes like that. I immediately knew this wasn't a good idea. To my surprise Howard liked the little drum groove at the beginning, but when Page's piano comes in Howard goes "What is this the fuckin tango?"

Stash was up next. But they didn't play any of the guitar part, just the lyrical parts. Howard and Robin literally groaned in sync. It was actually pretty funny. Fred remarked, "It's been done before and done better. Grateful Dead did it better, Zappa did it better."

Howard then said he was kinda done playing Phish songs. Gary the producer, or Baba Booey as he's better known, then said exactly what I was thinking: that they're going to get all kinds of mail about how they didn't play the right songs, or didn't play the right part of the songs they did play. My guess is he's been through this routine before, where someone tried to get him into Phish and when he said he didn't like it the other person said it's because he didn't listen to the right songs. (We've all been there right??)

Fred in his Benjy voice: "You didn't play Tweezer man" "Or Reba"

Steve (Brandano), the one staffer who does like Phish, came in and said Howard might like some of their covers. Mentioning the Halloween tradition, they played While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Howard seemed to be into (it), but Fred noted how bad the vocals were. Phish isn't exactly known for their singing as we all know. They also played Sweet Jane and Good Times Bad Times. Howard said at least they cover good songs and that those were the songs he'd cover if he had a band.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:29 am