Ted Falconi
Ned Braden
undo
ClosetOfExhaustion
Duff...
zappo
Paves
30 posters

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 5 Empty Re: paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Post by reuben Mon May 12, 2014 11:58 am

Sorry Chicago, we had to send him over when your David Drake came to Brooklyn.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 5 Empty Re: paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Post by undo Wed May 14, 2014 1:15 am

Is this for real?

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 5 10270648_10152207610913737_412046410408960637_n
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed May 14, 2014 2:04 am

Doesn't seem much more random than any other Riot Fest lineup to be honest.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed May 14, 2014 3:10 am

Guess I wasn't expecting more from them than another appearance from Rise Against or The Hives or whatever, don't think I'll go to this but there are a few bands here that I'd enjoy. And The Pizza Underground.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed May 14, 2014 8:21 am

Pussy Riot and Marky Ramone?!!?
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed May 14, 2014 11:11 am

i am pretty excited about something on just about every line on that announcement (at least the top half). bought my ticket last night.

also, i can hear riot fest from where i live based on where they put the southernmost stage last year.

riot fest is the best fest, humboldt brag
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Wed May 14, 2014 11:39 am

undo wrote:Is this for real?
    Gwar seems unlikely.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed May 14, 2014 1:39 pm

im pretty curious about that one now. GWAR played riot fest (in this current outdoor version) every year, and seem to be pretty chummy with the organizers. i'm assuming this is a tribute to Oderus show? and then who knows what they do after that.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Wed May 14, 2014 2:01 pm

At what point do the real band names end and the made-up ones begin? I've heard of My Gold Mask before but beyond that I'm at a loss.
    yancy
    yancy

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Wed May 14, 2014 4:20 pm

If you know them all the way down to My Gold Mask, you're doing pretty good. I've heard of more bands at Riot Fest this year than Lolla, which generally caters more to my taste and signs bigger name acts.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed May 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Genuinely unsure if "And More To Be Announced" is a band or not considering the two acts it directly follows.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by techno raj Thu May 15, 2014 1:03 am

Duff... wrote:Genuinely unsure if "And More To Be Announced" is a band or not considering the two acts it directly follows.

??????? is playing four different, distinct sets during the festival
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Thu May 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Brooklyn Vegan is saying Slayer will be performing Reign In Blood, Jane's Addiction is playing Nothing's Shocking & Weezer The Blue Album during the Fest. Looks like only 3 day tickets are left but holy hell the lineup...
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu May 15, 2014 2:38 pm

i don't believe they've started selling individual day tickets yet
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Pizzas : 280
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Fri May 23, 2014 8:53 am

Ted Falconi wrote:Ween tribute band playing at Mother's on May 22:

Mang on at 8:30 to 9:45 Nice and early for a work night!
    21 & over
    $5.00

This was pretty good! Short set, but they stayed pretty faithful to the originals with some exceptions. Two dudes with a drum machine, classic ween setup. Dero was there with his family!
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:06 am

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=24905

Frankie Knuckles tribute from 6-9 at Millennium Park tonight.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves

Post by BGwaves Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:48 pm

Went to see Amon Dunes and Axis Abraxis (sp?) the other night and enjoyed myself a little. Axis Abraxis struck me as very amateurish, almost battle of the bands at a high school level amateurish. Amon Dunes was nice, kinda reminded me of Kurt vile with more of a yelp. Overall 6/10
    petey
    petey
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 49

Post by petey Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:03 pm

Went to Pitchfork yesterday. I guess I enjoyed Beck. Factory Floor sounded good from the little that I heard.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Someone my wife knows might be going to a Reverend Horton Heat concert sometime in the near future, so I might end up in attendance as well.
    Not the most predictable end to my decade-long streak of only attending musical performances by people I personally know.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by techno raj Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:30 pm

petey wrote:Went to Pitchfork yesterday.  I guess I enjoyed Beck.  Factory Floor sounded good from the little that I heard.

Factory Floor was pretty great. DJ Spinn (and company) my favorite overall.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:07 pm

No one I work with watched Swans or Deafheaven and only want to talk about St. Vincent.

I want to talk about St. Vincent with them too. And by talk about her I mean read aloud the Annie Clark posts from YSG.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:17 am

Saw Steve Arrington of Slave/Steve Arrington's Hall of Fame fame at the Beat Kitchen last night:

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 5 IMG_2236

It was next level but not as next level as this pic. Keyboardist, dude playing slap bass, sick drummer, dude shredding, fat black backing vocalists, Steve Arrington singing amazingly and basically acting like a standup comedian. Place was not packed enough but that was pretty okay, IMO.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:37 pm

On Sunday evening, I will be seeing Television with Sausage, Paves, and (I think) Efrim. I'm looking forward to this experience.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:51 pm

that'll be fun. i think i'm just gonna walk home & go to bed after playing air guitar to "only in dreams"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm