Ted Falconi
Ned Braden
undo
ClosetOfExhaustion
Duff...
zappo
Paves
30 posters

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

spiritofeden
    spiritofeden
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 31

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 2 Empty Re: paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Post by spiritofeden Tue May 28, 2013 6:04 pm

the show is 2.5 hours, as it is.

Midnight Rambler goes close to 15 mins, and YCAGWYW is pretty long, and also features a choir!

If you can get your hands on the $85 tickets, its pretty worth it.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 2 Empty Re: paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Post by yancy Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:35 pm

Looks like I'm actually going to a rock show this year. Haim at Lincoln Hall on lolla Saturday.

dubstep dubstep
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm going to see (yes, 'see') Cheap Trick at Ravinia. This will be my first not-a-friends-band's-show since Cheap Trick in 2003.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm seeing The Field with some friends tomorrow night at the Bottle.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:46 am

Just saw a promoted Tweet from Microsoft Store saying Weezer is playing their grand opening at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:26 pm

See you there.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Rolling Eyes
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

Post by undo Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:07 am

http://www.wavefrontmusicfestival.com/

whoa
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:28 am

I have the most conflicting opinions on that festival. I am more confused on how to feel about that festival than I am about my impending death.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:38 am

I like how <10% of the acts specify [LIVE]. Yes I'm always going to be that guy.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:41 am

It's a shame that one of the most enticing live acts listed, Holy Ghost!, is actually pretty terrible live. I'd rather watch them spin their own records. Staring to understand the appeal of "live" EDM shows.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 pm

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 2 Ot21xu

Tickets are 24 dollars, including parking.

After hearing the Replacements news, I checked out the Riot Fest lineup.  Impressive, at least 8 bands I would have been excited to see 25 years ago, and sometimes did.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 pm

Mic in the pants is a cool move.  Yow used to do that one.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:08 pm

http://touch.groupon.com/deals/gl-wavefront-music-festival-2013?mobile=true

well shit
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:15 pm

I think festivals are something I like the idea of but would probably hate in practice. I'd be annoyed about all the acts I missed, and having to choose between one band and another.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:27 pm

I thought you had them every weekend in the uk
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Fuck, that looks like a bad time.  Last festival thing I went to was last year's "Dillo Day" at Northwestern.  Big Boi did some shit, followed by the insane beats of DJ Steve Aoki.  Still bummed about missing Reel Big Fish.

This year's was apparently more insane:

THE DAILY NORTHWESTERN
    June 2, 2013

When Mayfest wanted sunshine, it got rain — but for the third consecutive year, Evanston's unpredictable spring could not stop Dillo Day.

Thunderstorms forced Mayfest to evacuate the Lakefill just before 4 p.m. Saturday. The inclement weather missed rapper Danny Brown's set by minutes but suspended the music festival until about 8:30 p.m., when attendees were allowed to return to the Lakefill to see '90s rock band Smash Mouth and rapper Wiz Khalifa play shortened performances on the muddy field.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:10 pm

What is the Alhambra Palace that Bill Callahan is playing on 10.14? Never heard of it.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:30 am

going to Pitchfork for the first time since 2008, lol

just Sunday. hit me up if you will be there
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Nick wrote:What is the Alhambra Palace that Bill Callahan is playing on 10.14? Never heard of it.
    It's a restaurant.  Looks pretty rad
    paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 2 001-05
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Considering last time I saw him was in a circus tent this makes total sense.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:19 am

Have about 18 hours to decide if attending a three-day summer festival for the first time in my life is something I want to do as a 32-year-old man.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:24 am

32 seems like a really bad age to start attending festivals. Or smoking. Or anything, really.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:09 am

Duff... wrote:Have about 18 hours to decide if attending a three-day summer festival for the first time in my life is something I want to do as a 32-year-old man.

If you're talking about Pitchfork the schedules for Saturday and Sunday are actually pretty impressive this year. And the weather is supposed to be reasonable this weekend.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:48 pm

yancy wrote:32 seems like a really bad age to start attending festivals.
    Oh, I'm an old vet of cultural landmarks such as Intonation, Area: One, and Lilith Fair, just never did a 3-day. You're still right, of course.

And yes, Pitchfork, and I'm already committed to Friday to accompany a friend who worships Björk, when Saturday and Sunday were what I was really interested in.

Eh, what the hell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:12 am