Ted Falconi
Ned Braden
undo
ClosetOfExhaustion
Duff...
zappo
Paves
30 posters

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 4 Empty Re: paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Fairly strange calendar of events at the Copernicus Center, which I'd always assumed was an observatory:

https://www.songkick.com/venues/49662-copernicus-center/calendar

If I had to pick one, it would be Pat Benatar.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 4 Empty Re: paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows?

Post by yancy Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:21 pm

Ted Falconi wrote:Fairly strange calendar of events at the Copernicus Center,
    I would see Zappa do Roxy if it was free and across the street from me.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

Post by undo Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Weird Al is playing in Joliet tomorrow, just wanted to make sure everyone knew.

wanted to go but decided to take off last weekend to see toe. instead (much cheaper), which sold out before I could get a ticket
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Tim Hecker is playing tomorrow in Bridgeport for $3 if you RSVP beforehand. If I can deal with the transport back and forth I might venture down there for that.
    monotony
    monotony
    Vanity-published Eco-horror Fiction Writer

Post by monotony Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:04 am

Jessie Ware is playing in Chicago this w/e. Hope some of you are going.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Anyone see Dan Bejar solo acoustic last night? I probably should have gone to that instead of losing $1.3k playing poker upstairs at a bowling alley in Hoffman Estates.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:38 pm

i had a really nice evening of sleep last night. probably comparable to the bejar show
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:06 pm

I was gonna go with some friends but the tickets sold out. I'm not too bent out of shape to be honest though. Last time I saw them I was front row and they closed with this fucking gem of a track...

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:45 am

Just bought a ticket to see Madlib and Gangsta Gibbs play together @ the Metro in like 5 weeks. I'm so fucking pumped. I've been wanting to see the homie Madlib spin since I was in pampers!
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:26 pm

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Ceiling-Collapses-On-Concertgoers-During-Performance-244531621.html
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:32 pm

Whoa.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:25 pm

I went there once and I wasn't feeling well that day so I left the show early, the bass was a lot louder than it needed to be and that didn't help. That really sucked because I thought it was a really cool room and seemed like a place that could give the Metro a run for its money. Everyone working there was a lot nicer but they could have staffed the place with violent felons and that would still be the case.

I don't want to say that the bass ruined the show but I don't think it's supposed to rattle the room and drown out every other part of the music like it did. It sounded like some shitty car that's barely in one piece with a trunk full of subwoofers.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:07 pm

They weren't concertgoers. im feelin it
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:58 pm

That's some filthy bass, yo.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:09 am

wp64 wrote:Just bought a ticket to see Madlib and Gangsta Gibbs play together @ the Metro in like 5 weeks. I'm so fucking pumped. I've been wanting to see the homie Madlib spin since I was in pampers!

I went to this. It was pretty cool but I think I hate going to concerts at this point. People just suck too much. I waited for two hours through some shitty opening act and a bunch of shit DJs. Madlib came out and spun some records for about 30-45 minutes and that shit was dope. Highlight was probably when he dropped "Tearz" by Wu-Tang. Then Gibbs came out and they played through the entirety of Pinata. It sounded really good.

Unfortunately though some dude who looked like 'The Situation' from Jersey Shore kept like getting up in my shit and was pounding vodka. Then some dude who was straight out of a nightmare stormed to the front and literally fucked up everyone's time. I was far enough away that it didn't effect me but it was making me insanely anxious. He was dressed in all black, shaved head, insane tattoos, and the look in his eyes was terrifying. He kept ramming into people and freaking people out. At one point Gibbs suggested that the audience clap a beat for him and he kept turning to people who weren't clapping and literally demanding that they do it. On the last song, "BFK" he created a 6 foot space for himself because he kept shoving people and everyone was backing away. Then when the song, and the show, ended he just started punching the air and staring at people. That dude needs to lay off the crank and/or just kill himself.

Gibbs cried at the end of the show too and just thanked everyone for showing support.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:47 pm

Based on the live video of "V The Island Song" I've watched a couple times today I think I'll be checking out These New Puritans at The Empty Bottle in May.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:06 pm

this lady is reviewing her husband's record collection.
    http://alltherecords.tumblr.com/

this lady wrote:
    This is definitely the kind of band that you would end up seeing playing in a loft in Bushwick. It’s experimental, and does feel a little avant garde, like the people who are making it are artists and probably interesting people. Sometimes it just doesn’t feel like music. It just feels like sounds.
    I would definitely see this band live though. I’m sure there would be weird characters in the audience and on stage, and I would observe many fantastic outfits. Maybe something insane and shocking would happen. But this is also probably the type of band that doesn’t come on until 11:30 and by that time it’s hard to stay super enthusiastic, and you’re really just sticking around at the show because your boyfriend is djing between bands and you want to keep him company. I feel like this music would be fun to listen to while walking around an art museum by yourself.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:25 am

Does anyone have a presale code for the Soundgarden & nin shows? It starts this morning.
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 31

Post by spiritofeden Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:35 pm

I think you have to sign up for the NIN website or be in the Soundgarden fan-club for today's pre sale.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:39 pm

20 years and 9 days ago, both Superunknown and The Downward Spiral were released. I could only afford one.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:09 pm

So pumped for this show. I think the last time I was at the Tinley Park venue it was still call New World Music Theatre or some shit and it was for Farm Aid.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:36 pm

Ween tribute band playing at Mother's on May 22:

Mang on at 8:30 to 9:45 Nice and early for a work night!
    21 & over
    $5.00
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon May 12, 2014 12:46 am

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/20329468-david-drake-at-double-door-bar-no-3

what is this
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon May 12, 2014 1:43 am

God damn it. It is such an annoyance not being 21 still. I forget about it all the time now because I never have a hard time getting alcohol regardless and don't really go to shows as often as I did last year. But every now and then I realize that I still have like 10 months to go and just get confused and weirded out.

I already feel like a disillusioned old ass man or something. It is stupid that I have to go through about forty different weird existential crisis before society says it is okay for WP64 to legally have his first beer.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Mon May 12, 2014 10:29 am

undo wrote:http://www.songkick.com/concerts/20329468-david-drake-at-double-door-bar-no-3

what is this

paves, where can we find the shitty garage shows? - Page 4 83-atsm

David Drake

David Drake is a comedian. He is a very funny comedian. Since moving to Chicago he has been invited to perform in over 17 national festivals. He has also been featured in Comcast's televised stand up specials 'Who's Laughing Now?' and 'Trial by Laughter' in addition to the College Humor Live show at the UCB Theater in New York. He is the co-founder of the very popular Chicago showcase The Sidebar Show in addition to being a cast member at ComedySportz Chicago and the founder of long running Chicago open mic, Three Dead Moose. David currently performs nationwide while working out a niche in Chicago's alternative comedy scene and sometimes he'll eat fries off your plate. He feels bad about that. He's sorry... I'm sorry. I'm David Drake. This was me the whole time.

His name shows up on Twitter/Facebook all the time because he's friends with people I know in Chicago comedy. Always confusing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:04 am