2013: the south will rise again?

zappo
    President Pence's First Lady

Pizzas : 474

Re: 2013: the south will rise again?

Post by zappo on Wed May 15, 2013 3:21 pm

I could, but I won't. Just got an accidental raise, due to a computer error. I could let somebody know, but I sure as fuck won't!
    zappo
    President Pence's First Lady

Pizzas : 474

Post by zappo on Wed May 15, 2013 3:22 pm

raj gibson
    Radical Bitch

Pizzas : 157

Post by raj gibson on Wed May 15, 2013 3:22 pm

wp64 wrote:Once I hit 25 and can no longer suck on the tit of my parent's health care plan

As metaphors go this is just too creepily literal No
    undo
    a stomach churning mess of bass

Pizzas : 398

Post by undo on Wed May 15, 2013 4:48 pm

this was a pretty bad thread title but I wanted something provocative and wasn't going to spend all day trying to think of something more clever
    Sausage
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 73

Post by Sausage on Thu May 16, 2013 12:14 am

zappo wrote:

i got a job right after college. bought a house etc and feel like im doing pretty well for myself

though i make less than more or less everyone i know.
    Sausage
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 73

Post by Sausage on Thu May 16, 2013 12:15 am

i dont really like to go "out" so maybe that's how i afford my lifestyle.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 179

Post by chrondog on Thu May 16, 2013 2:54 pm

raj 2 wrote:
    Duff... wrote:Heard a WGN anchor claim that "Benghazi definitely has legs" which would be news to Mitt Romney.

Some of what's come out more recently does give it some weight it didn't have last fall, although it remains to be seen if that could really damage Hillary in the long term.

what information is that? i don't have the patience to follow this stuff anymore.

i see how Benghazi/IRS/Justice Department AP phone record issues are improprietous and wrong in a lot of ways, but it all seems INCREDIBLY bush league to elevate to the level of "scandal".

i get the paradigm we're in now. everyone views national politics as a zero sum game where there is only one winner or loser in every instance. you can't address this level of impropriety in government because knuckledraggers will try and derail your entire administration. there's no reason for the left to defend Obama on these mistakes, but they (we) will because we are more afraid of ceding political points to the other side.

people have totally forgotten George W. Bush did something this illegal virtually every single week for eight years.
    raj gibson
    Radical Bitch

Pizzas : 157

Post by raj gibson on Thu May 16, 2013 3:31 pm

jasperness wrote:what information is that? i don't have the patience to follow this stuff anymore.
    Well, now the latest I've read suggests its more on the CIA than the State Department, which might help Hillary, but Benghazi overall is more mobile than it was last fall. Probably not mobile enough to get all the way to 2016, though.

i get the paradigm we're in now. everyone views national politics as a zero sum game where there is only one winner or loser in every instance. you can't address this level of impropriety in government because knuckledraggers will try and derail your entire administration. there's no reason for the left to defend Obama on these mistakes, but they (we) will because we are more afraid of ceding political points to the other side.
    I think there will be some efforts to address it - the IRS will see some reforms, and Obama is supposedly supporting a shield law now. And Obama can afford to absorb some damage since he doesn't have to win another election. The question of how much damage depends on if the next Democratic candidate comes from inside or outside of his administration.

people have totally forgotten George W. Bush did something this illegal virtually every single week for eight years.
    The relationship between Congress and the White House was a lot different then - for a number of reasons, they just weren't willing to drill the guy for the things he did in the same way congressmen will now.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Thu May 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Great final bullet point from the Accountability Review Board's Benghazi report

Post by Guest on Thu May 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Chrono, not Raj wrote:
    Duff... wrote:Heard a WGN anchor claim that "Benghazi definitely has legs" which would be news to Mitt Romney.
    there's no reason for the left to defend Obama on these mistakes, but they (we) will because we are more afraid of ceding political points to the other side.
    Nah. If the game is broke than don't play it. Both parties (and really the idea of a political party itself) is completely incapable and unwilling to address the problems that we elect them to address.

Last edited by wp64 on Fri May 17, 2013 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Duff...
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 321
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... on Fri May 17, 2013 12:34 am

You play the game or you circumvent it. Ignoring it isn't a solution.

Post by Guest on Fri May 17, 2013 3:33 am

It is impossible to remove yourself from it, so I wouldn't suggest "circumventing" it. But developing new channels to pose and address problems is the key. Universities are one of the places where that sort of activity is supposed to freely occur, and it really doesn't for the most part.

I'm not suggesting that education is the problem, but it definitely is one of them and probably indirectly contributes to a lot of more pressing issues that our society is currently faced with.

Post by Guest on Fri May 17, 2013 3:41 am

Playing the game involves ignoring the problem(s).

Post by Guest on Fri May 17, 2013 3:46 am

Everything I am saying is being masked by dumbass platitudes right now which is obnoxious. If Duff, Jasper, or anyone else actually wants to have a conversation about this I would be into it. But I'm not going to spend time writing a paragraph so that someone can tell me that "nobody reads long posts on the Internet anymore" or whatever.
    Duff...
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 321
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... on Thu May 23, 2013 12:33 am

Sounds like you me and Chrono are all on a similar page here so whatever.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Thu May 23, 2013 12:50 am

wp64 wrote:
    Chrono, not Raj wrote:
    there's no reason for the left to defend Obama on these mistakes, but they (we) will because we are more afraid of ceding political points to the other side.
    Nah. If the game is broke than don't play it. Both parties (and really the idea of a political party itself) is completely incapable and unwilling to address the problems that we elect them to address.

yeah, i don't know exactly what you're talking about. the (we) was in parentheses because i was trying to emphasize that i have no role in national media or politics so i am not actually going out and publicly defending Obama anywhere. as i said in the post i recognize the real issues problems in these scandals. i try not to gloss over the negative aspects of his record.

are you suggesting i not vote? are you on some "end the two party system!" tip?

i think for the government to effectively address its internal shortcomings and scandals requires that both parties actually agree on the role of government and respect its ability to reform itself and solve problems. i don't think we have leaders that genuinely believe that. maybe as some of the 20th century culture war issues continue to become less and less important the Republican party will start moving ideologically closer to a true reformist party in the future.

Post by Guest on Thu May 23, 2013 3:14 am

I just don't think intelligent, thoughtful people should be forced into an insane position where they pick the lesser of two evils. Perhaps I am advocating the death of a "two party system." But the "we" should develop through discussion and wrestling (pun jocolor ) with the issues. By putting ourselves into a "we" and then addressing the issues from there, nothing ever gets addressed properly because we assert we know the solution before understanding the complexity of the issue at hand. This is essentially the problem of polemics and political ideology. I'm not professing anything new but I think we should think about that when we engage the problems "we" face rather than simply cosigning ourselves to a political party. Of course this is all exasperated significantly by our current political climate and the fact that we have a two party system.

Post by Guest on Sun May 26, 2013 7:46 am

yancy wrote:Something "your generation" may or may not be interested in. Doing non-thrilling work for the man is like, très boring!
    I find myself going back to this comment in my mind pretty frequently. It's honestly the most offensive and ridiculous shit ever.

It just makes me realize that I have no place on this board. As soon as the Blackhawks finish their Stanley Cup run I am going to sign off for good, hopefully in a celebratory mood.

Go Hawks. And fuck your degrading, arrogant bullshit, Yancy.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Mon May 27, 2013 12:43 am

yancy wrote:Doing non-thrilling work for the man is like, très boring!

this should be in the "good wording, good boarding" hall of game

Post by Guest on Mon May 27, 2013 12:45 am

Whatever, dude. You spent 4 years at Berkeley or some shit trying to bang bitches and talk geo-politics too. So get steppin'.
    Ned Braden

Pizzas : 495
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 am

hahaha what the heck is going on in this thread guys?? Loving the jams regardless, so win.
    Ned Braden

Pizzas : 495
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Mon May 27, 2013 1:32 am

Oh fuck! they stopped playing!!
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 335

Post by yancy on Mon May 27, 2013 2:57 am

wp64 wrote:degrading, arrogant bullshit
    Fair enough. Glad it stuck with you, though. Bon voyage!
    Nick
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 584

Post by Nick on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Yesterday I was walking back to my car after having lunch in downtown Naperville.

Some dude on a very loud, very customized chopper rolls down Main Street and parks. He gets off the chopper and is wearing a t-shirt that said "Silly Faggot Dicks Are For Chicks".

He proceeds to walk into Hagen Daaz and use their bathroom. On the way out he stops and asks for a sample and then gets on the chopper and leaves.

Made me recall this thread for some reason.
    Ҩ
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 35
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by Ҩ on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:07 pm

Yo Nick, I was driving past downtown Naperville near that Chipotle and Barnes and Noble and this fucking cunt had a massive confederate flag on the back of his truck. Let's meet up and execute some vigilante justice on that piece of shit. Not in our town!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:54 pm