undo
ClosetOfExhaustion
17 posters

Should We Talk About The Weather?

quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

Should We Talk About The Weather?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Should We Talk About The Weather?

Post by quip Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:23 pm

how do you know if you need a roof rake?
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Should We Talk About The Weather?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Should We Talk About The Weather?

Post by reuben Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:10 pm

When you have a foot and a half of snow just sitting on your roof and ice dams all along the gutters then you probably need a roof rake.

When your roof starts leaking from the ice dams then you definitely need a roof rake.
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Helpful
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:05 am

Not getting above freezing for the next 10-14 days. Record low temps throughout. Really struggling to understand why I stay in Illinois. I have no emotional attachment to the state or the city of Chicago.

I don't return from a trip and think while landing, "Wow I have sure missed you Illinois." I think my goal is to get the fuck out of this hell hole.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:58 am

From where do you hail, Nick? Like, where'd you grow up?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:19 am

Illinois
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:37 am

People that are all "Chicago is the best city in the world just come when it's warm" is the equivalent of an Iraqi saying "Baghdad is wonderful just try to avoid coming when it's rife with sectarian violence".
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:45 am

that race in north carolina that is this weekend, and that i signed up for in september, sent this out yesterday:

The course is very icy from Montreat up as of now...Every year, the overriding question is "Do I need Yaktrax?"...If the race was today, I would say yes, traction devices would almost be a required need! The ice is wide, deep and everywhere...The weather forecast looks mixed this week...Wintery on Tuesday but warming towards the weekend, and possible snow shower on the summit Saturday...What will race day bring? I wonder that myself! Be prepared for all!
    quip
    quip

Post by quip Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Nick wrote:People that are all "Chicago is the best city in the world just come when it's warm" is the equivalent of an Iraqi saying "Baghdad is wonderful just try to avoid coming when it's rife with sectarian violence".

I've been in San Jose this week and, as much as I want to get back and see the family, the thought of landing in 10 degree weather tomorrow is incredibly depressing. I'd love to move somewhere more temperate.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:24 pm

More temperate will be moving in in like a week, though.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:27 pm

Yeah I know the winter sucks but by late February the light's at the end of the tunnel. It's (relatively) great out today. Gonna take my bike out for the first time in two and a half months.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:21 pm

The weather today is syncing up perfectly with my emotional state. Bleak, dreary, and unwelcoming. Sad
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Rest of the week in Chicago looks shitty but at least we had the past weekend and today!
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:05 am

Should We Talk About The Weather?  - Page 2 59a2fe27b730c.image
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Trying to get over a cold, first time I’ve been really sick in like four years, today’s warm blast is either going to heal me or send my body to the depths of hades
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:39 pm

it has snowed here two days in a row. it melted yesterday after noon and a few inches came down again last night. it's like 32 degrees, so it's a very fluffy, flakey snow. comically picturesque.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:28 am

I don't know how people living in the Pacific Northwest tolerate this. I haven't seen the sun in 72 hours and I've basically lost the will of live.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:53 am

Ҩ wrote:I don't know how people living in the Pacific Northwest tolerate this. I haven't seen the sun in 72 hours and I've basically lost the will of live.

This was me living in London for a year. I'd love the city, if only it were somewhere else entirely.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:07 am

Eh, that sort of thing doesn't bother me. The only thing I'll never understand is how anyone can bear to live anywhere where the temperature drops to like -10 Celsius
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Soma wrote:Eh, that sort of thing doesn't bother me. The only thing I'll never understand is how anyone can bear to live anywhere where the temperature drops to like -10 Celsius

lol yeah that sort of thing doesn't really bother me, actually. Lived in Boston for like 4 years where -10c isn't unheard of at all.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm

Ҩ wrote:I don't know how people living in the Pacific Northwest tolerate this. I haven't seen the sun in 72 hours and I've basically lost the will of live.

the sun didn't come out here in December or January lol
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:29 pm

I've grown accustomed to the climate I've grown up in and believe it to be madness to live in a place with a different climate.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:48 pm

these swinging temperatures are giving me headaches
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:27 am

Tornado sirens went off shortly after 11PM and woke us out of a dead sleep. Pretty scary shit with the wind and rain that lasted for a solid 15 minutes before passing through. Active tornado was spotted about 5 minutes from our house.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:43 am

Yeah. That was pretty weird. I guess it touched down somewhere between Woodbridge and north Naperville. It was pretty close to our house as well. I was just chilling and watching videos of Ben Simmons refusing to shoot when I was forced to seek shelter in the basement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm