Bruegel
quip
Ned Braden
Nick
ClosetOfExhaustion
Gene Bootcut
WP64
12 posters

What has been the hardest period of your life to date?

Poll

Is it...?

[ 0 ]
    What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_left0%What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_left0%What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_left27%What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 2 ]
    What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_left18%What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_right [18%] 
    [ 3 ]
    What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_left27%What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_right [27%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_left9%What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_left9%What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 11
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Empty What has been the hardest period of your life to date?

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:07 am

I realize we all expect to probably have a lot of life ahead of us. But what's been the hardest part so far?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Empty Re: What has been the hardest period of your life to date?

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:13 am

Mine has definitely been the last three years or so. I hated high school while I was in it but dig the time I spent there in retrospect. It was very easy to just live my life in opposition to shit I hated and build some identity around that.

When I got to college and was no longer surrounded by people who didn't seem to have a similar outlook I reacted like a fucktard. I just reverted into myself and assumed that everyone was too far up their own ass to know what the fuck was up. As that illusion started to lose validity I was confronted by the worst of all evils. It wasn't my place in the world that was the problem but rather myself. Fuck it.

Not to mention at this age you have to start making a shit load of life decisions that you are totally ill-equipped to make. And you actually end up on your own for the first time. It's fucking hard out here doggs.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

What has been the hardest period of your life to date? Empty Re: What has been the hardest period of your life to date?

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:33 am

The first one always hurts the most.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:19 am

11-15. i was a scrawny introverted runt.

life, honestly, hasn't been that hard. /birth lottery white man
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:30 am

ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:11-15.  i was a scrawny introverted runt.  
    Man, I have 22 years of experience with this.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 am

Soma wrote:
    ClosetOfExhaustion wrote:11-15.  i was a scrawny introverted runt.  
    Man, I have 22 years of experience with this.
    you should be allowed to select multiple ranges then. mods

technically, i was scrawny til 18 or so, but those last years were less angsty.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:52 am

Agree that 11-15 is a brutal time in any Hound's life. One week you've got clear skin and the next an outbreak of zits that sets you back for weeks.

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Thought this thread was entirely about hounding, and only just realized it might not be. "To date" threw me.
    quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

Post by quip Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Moving from Hickville TX to a bougie IL suburb in the middle of February at the age of 13 was brutal.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:38 pm

21-22

finished uni, split with my gf of 5 years and one of my best mates died, all within the space of a month. went into a near-death substance abuse nosedive.

its scary looking back on how out of control I was and I'm eternally indebted to the friends who pulled me back from the brink.
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:39 pm

and Arthur Russell
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:06 pm

wp64 wrote:I realize we all expect to probably have a lot of life ahead of us. But what's been the hardest part so far?
    When my cat Berlioz got sick and died. Can't imagine anything will top it until I lose my other cat Strider or a parent. Just the thought of losing Strider can make me nauseous & depressed for hours.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:01 pm

The last year or so has been brutal.  Two dead cats (Zi's fourth birthday would've been tomorrow), one dead aunt, one major car accident, tons of physical therapy and so forth, Joe Walsh's people taking me to court (sour grapes notwithstanding, though, that was my fault), profound poverty, the Miami Heat, beating up the groom at his bachelor party, and then the psycho hose-beast ex-girlfriend debacle(s) are the bigger issues, I guess.

Last edited by zappo on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:02 pm

And, as I'm too ready to point out, it's been about 106 weeks since I got it on.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Very jealous of my not-that-close college friend who won Big Brother, the other day, too. Fucker.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:13 pm

A man who's gone through all that doesn't deserve to have Village Pizza burn down. I hope they save(d) the place.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Zappo, the next time you get laid we should have a Chicago YSG meeting at a bar to celebrate the occasion. I'll probably be of legal drinking age by then.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:03 pm

sure, we'll all go to chicago heights
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:42 pm

I dunno. I've done fine.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:43 pm

What do you mean? Are Chicago Heights girls dtf or something?
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:06 pm

oh shit. the tender trap is lost on you. youth
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 pm

hmmmm....

http://www.tendertrapsportsbar.com/menu ??
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:31 pm

0-5 --- pretty great
    6-10 --- not bad
    11-15 --- I should probably achieve self-awareness pretty soon, oh well!
    16-20 --- what just happened? well that went by fast
    21-25 --- relax and go with the flow, everything will work itself out!
    26-30 --- oh shit, that's not true!
    31-35 --- alright, time to get my act together... oh wait it's too late
    Dan Sausage
    Dan Sausage
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 92

Post by Dan Sausage Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:25 pm

21-25

so poor, so black, tragedies in life, being a douchebag.

decent amount of gash though
    Dan Sausage
    Dan Sausage
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 92

Post by Dan Sausage Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:27 pm

been crushing it lately though, getting married in two weeks and own two very sexy feline beasts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm