chrondog
_
reuben
ClosetOfExhaustion
14 posters

Hardwood

yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Hardwood - Page 8 Empty Re: Hardwood

Post by yancy Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:35 pm

This is why I enjoy Grantland.

Chris Bosh missed a potential game-winning jump shot, giving the Indiana Pacers an 84-83 win over the Miami Heat in a battle of Eastern Conference contenders at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The matchup was a feisty affair, with the teams jawing before and after the game. Matters took a particularly contentious turn when Pacers forward Paul George told Bosh, “You don’t come into Bankers Life Fieldhouse without consulting with Brian. Brian’s been a banker for years.” Bosh shot back, “Brian has been my banker since before you were in the league, son. Guy got me a car loan. Guy opened up a CD for my daughter with a solid interest rate.” George then laughed in Bosh’s face and shot back, “You call 0.8 percent a solid interest rate on a 10-year? You must be a damn fool, to let Brian play your girl like that.” The two All-Star forwards then had to be separated as Bosh yelled, “You don’t ever talk about Brian’s relationship with my daughter like that! He just living that banker’s life. Brian just living that banker’s life!”
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:55 pm

I think Wisconsin will win this NCAA tournament.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

Post by undo Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:42 pm

The Miami Heat TV announcers are really annoying.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 am

SAS over DAL in 5 (spurs know the value of rest, will put this one away as quickly as they are able)
    OKC over MEM in 5 (i believe OKC is an efficient show of offensive production here, and no amount of grizzly defense will hinder them, well, maybe 1 game in memphis)
    LAC over GSW in 4 (clippers also on a mission. i'm really excited about these top 3 teams in the west, i don't think GSW has their game plan "together" enough to match each clipper weapon)
    POR over HOU in 7 (don't care, just picking 7 cuz i want something to go 7 out here)

IND over ATL in 5 (seems to be the sexy upset pick because really, not even the pacers know which pacers team is gonna show up for the playoffs. i'm optimistic they get their shit together, and they're still great at home. ATL gets one when they head back down south)
    MIA over CHA in 4 (champs also know the value of rest, and they're angry about that loss to CHA where mcBob goaltended the game winner, no mercy from LBJ)
    TOR over BRK in 7 (TOR is pretty underrated, and even though they are the 3, this is my upset pick since BRK has been lights out the 2nd half of the season. i hope toronto just runs them out and exposes kidd's lack of coaching experience)
    CHI over WAS in 6 (thibs grinds out a series win. i don't think the bulls can sweep anyone, but i think they have the potential to beat anyone)

really not looking forward to potential pacers v bulls in second round

Last edited by ClosetOfExhaustion on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Good idea kmac, I'll play:

SAS over DAL in 4 (Pop & the boys take no prisoners, get plenty of rest before round 2)
    OKC over MEM in 5 (i'm with kmac on this one)
    LAC over GSW in 5 (splash brothers light it up at least once)
    HOU over POR in 5 (irrational Rockets fan exuberance, probably more like 6 games)

IND over ATL in 6 (wanted to make this my massive upset pick, just not realistic)
    MIA over CHA in 5 (Wade rests one night, LeBron throws MJ a bone)
    BKN over TOR in 6 (playoff vets persevere with no back-to-backs)
    CHI over WAS in 5 (young Wizards not ready for big boy playoff ball)
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:11 pm

Just realized I didn't pick a seven game series. Hope I'm wrong about that.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:18 pm

I had nightmares about this last night.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/video/#!/blogs/outside-shot/Benny-the-Bull-Waves-Flag-Atop-Willis-Tower/255709861
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:19 pm

I don't have any playoff predictions except that I don't think anyone in the east will be swept. I have fuck all to do today and wish there was some basketball on.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Not sure if it's online anywhere, but last night's 30 for 30 about the bad boy Pistons is supposed to be good. It's waiting for me on the DVR.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:26 pm

went back and added comments for mine.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Glad Andrew Unterberger was wrong in his prediction of a Clipper's sweep

Watching Chris Paul miss two free throws after nailing two long-range threes in crunch time is a great lesson in the limits of human excellence
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:45 am

Hardwood - Page 8 LoneDelectableDungenesscrab
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:47 pm

yancy wrote:LAC over GSW in 5 (splash brothers light it up at least once)
    IND over ATL in 6 (wanted to make this my massive upset pick, just not realistic)
    yancy wrote:Just realized I didn't pick a seven game series. Hope I'm wrong about that.
    Hindsight is 20/20. Should have made LAC-GSW my seven game series, and should have had the balls to pick ATL as my big upset. Although not so big, considering IND hasn't been able to score since like, the all-star break. I dunno where they're going to find enough offense to beat a fast young team that's not afraid or intimidated in any way. Lance was in beast mode and they still lost. Atlanta has to think they're the favorites now, and that's half the battle in a competitive series.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Going out for an early easter dinner with my wife's family at 3:00, which is perfect timing, considering MIA-CHA is the one first-round series I give zero shits about.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm

zappo wrote:Yeah, it's a total disaster.  In reality, the team as is is still probably a top 3/4 seed in the East.  I'd be all about a 10-72 record, but it ain't possible.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:02 pm

Boozer was destroying Gortac really consistently for about a half quarter, I don't know why they pulled him out and kept him even as Taj was really struggling for lengthy periods of time.

The dunk he gave up on the second goal of the entire game was really embarrassing, he not just didn't go for the ball, he seemed to step out of the way and make room for Nene. I don't know what's wrong with this guy sometimes.

Good game for Kirk and Jimmy. Noah had his hands full to be sure but I wish he'd taken a shot or two when he was open a few times.

Do the Bulls really have a truly bad quarter in every other game they play or is this just something that every fan tends to notice about their team? Kinda like consistently missing loose balls and letting the other team get offensive rebounds off of terrible shots that you just can't ever seem to get into position for for some reason?  

I prided myself on my rebounding and my scrappy play years before it became a tangible quality that people routinely talked about like it was a skill like shooting or dribbling.

Last edited by undo on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Some of the worst officiating in recent memory in that HOU-POR game, much of it going against Houston late in the game, or so my bias says. That series and LAC-GSW are going to be knock-down drag-outs. Almost wish I wasn't taking a three day trip to Kalamazoo for pinball, beer, and donuts this weekend.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Craig Sager is not a particularly good reporter and I don't think he's funny either.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Bulls press conference at 4:00 pm CST
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:44 pm

undo wrote:Hardwood - Page 8 LoneDelectableDungenesscrab

The "Other" Splash Brother
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:07 pm

yancy wrote:Some of the worst officiating in recent memory in that HOU-POR game, much of it going against Houston late in the game, or so my bias says. That series and LAC-GSW are going to be knock-down drag-outs. Almost wish I wasn't taking a three day trip to Kalamazoo for pinball, beer, and donuts this weekend.

Already loving the Clippers-Warriors series.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:31 pm

The Wizards? Really?
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

It's over for the Bulls. They just can't score. Pretty sure I bitched about the loss of Nate & Marco's offense when Rose went down. DJ was a surprisingly great pickup, but it'd be nice to have those other two guys right about now. If you can't beat the Wizards on a night where they miss a statistically massive number of free throws, you suck.

And I hope we fail at luring Carmelo to Chicago next season. We need a scorer, but that guy is the anti-Thibs.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:22 pm

oh man, i know i'm getting ahead of myself, but watch the pacers continue to struggle to knock off ATL (a team that stretches like crazy due to all their perimeter shooters), have similar difficultly dealing with Wall and Nene against the Wizards, and then somehow right all their wrongs against the Heat, the team they were built to actually defeat.

the "we knew they'd have a shot at a final appearance all along, but not like this" narrative comes to a close when they get destroyed by OKC/SAS/LAC

i certainly haven't made any correct predictions so far, and we've got like 2 months before the finals start anyway.

my fingers are crossed they they fixed it last night, but they've struggled the last several years playing in ATL. i'm just hoping for a split on the road.
    i'm not done on CHI yet either, thibs and that team have overcome more.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:46 pm

I was busy last night and couldn't watch the Bulls-Wizards game, even though I was really looking forward to it. But that's okay, right? NBA TV is rebroadcasting it Wednesday (today), so as long as I stayed off the Internet in the morning, I could still watch the whole game and it would be like I didn't miss it at all.

Just before halftime, they put this on the screen.

Hardwood - Page 8 Spoileralert_zpsd65deafe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 pm