Internet Antics

reuben
    An American Gashhound in Lincoln

Pizzas : 621

Re: Internet Antics

Post by reuben on Mon May 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Strange how McCorkle is consistently about 60 votes up on Oreface. I wonder if someone's programmed a bot to keep voting 4 him every time Sweet O. gets actor.
    chrondog
    Puts commas, where they don't belong

Pizzas : 207

Post by chrondog on Tue May 10, 2016 4:05 pm

That's a theory I could get behind. McCorkle always seems to get a surge anytime things get close.
    Ned Braden
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 537
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Tue May 10, 2016 5:06 pm

The fix was definitely in.
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 442

Post by Bruegel on Sun May 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Bruegel wrote:
    Ned Braden wrote: this is the first I've heard of this story:
    https://boingboing.net/2016/03/22/britons-vote-to-name-287m-res.html

I love U Britain
    Not only did they choose the 4th most popular name over Boaty, they've also  forced the name on a remotely operated underwater vehicle aka Subby McSubface

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36225652

smfh

Glad to C that the spirit of Boaty lives on:

Reuters wrote:  
    Fake buyers like 'Racist McShootFace' hijack Trayvon Martin gun sale

Bidding in an online auction 4 the pistol George Zimmerman used to shoot and kill unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin in 2012 topped a total of $65 million on Friday, though the amount appeared to be inflated by fake buyers with names such as "Racist McShootFace."

Zimmerman drew wide criticism on Thursday after offering to sell the Kel-Tec PF9 9mm handgun, which the former neighborhood watch volunteer described in the auction listing as "an American Firearm Icon."

Zimmerman said the weapon was used to defend his life and "end the brutal attack" from Martin. Martin's family has said the 17-year-old was simply walking home after buying a drink and candy from a local store when he had his fatal encounter with Zimmerman.

Martin's killing near Orlando, Florida, sparked nationwide civil rights protests and debate over "stand your ground" laws, which let people use deadly force without a duty to retreat if they R in fear of being harmed. Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the case.

By lunchtime on Friday, bidders in the auction on the United Gun Group's website included "shaniqua bonifa" and "Tamir Rice," the same name as the 12-year-old black boy shot dead by a white police officer in Cleveland in 2014.

The auction is scheduled to end on Wednesday. USA Today reported that the bid by "Racist McShootFace" was later deleted.

The auction began on Thursday after the first site where Zimmerman attempted to sell the gun rejected the listing. That site, GunBroker.com, said in a statement that it wanted no part in the auction or the attendant publicity.

'LETTER OF THE LAW'

A listing 4 the gun then appeared on UnitedGunGroup.com, with a starting price of $5,000. By midday on Friday it had received more than 1,000 bids.

United Gun Group said in a statement that as long as Zimmerman was obeying "the letter of the law," the sale of his personal firearm would be allowed on the site.

"While not always popular, this is where we stand. There R principles this nation was founded on, and our goal is to do our part to defend liberty," United Gun Group said.

"We know that many lives have been forever impacted by the incident February 26, 2012, and we're truly sorry to the Martin family 4 their loss. We will have no further comment on the matter."

The website calls itself a "free social network and marketplace that embraces the 2nd amendment and lawful discussion." The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution is "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It is contained in the Bill of Rights.

In the auction listing, Zimmerman said he would use money from the sale to counter violence against law enforcement officers by Black Lives Matter, a movement that grew out of Martin's shooting. Proceeds would also go toward fighting Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton's "anti-firearm rhetoric," Zimmerman said.

According to the listing, the pistol is marked with the number from the Martin case in silver ink and the listing included multiple photographs of the weapon being displayed in court during Zimmerman's trial.

The listing closed with a Latin phrase, "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum," meaning "if U wish peace, prepare 4 war."

A lawyer 4 Martin's family called the sale offensive but said it would not distract the family from their work advocating against gun violence.

Zimmerman has previously sold on eBay a painting depicting the American flag, and a painting he did of a Confederate flag to raise money 4 a Florida gunshop owner who declared his store a Muslim-free zone.

undo

Pizzas : 430

Post by undo on Mon May 30, 2016 5:36 pm

http://chicago.suntimes.com/opinion/laura-washington-uber-solves-my-hailing-while-black-problem/

Who nominates names 4 the tournament? Would Voltaire Xodus even stand a chance?
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:32 am

Works 4 me! I was wondering how we go about nomination because of got a beaut at work.
    Bruegel

Post by Bruegel on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:39 am

This batshit conspiracy ongoing reddit novel is right in my wheelhouse:

https://www.reddit.com/r/9M9H9E9/wiki/narrative

some background:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-36304792
    undo

Post by undo on Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:38 am

undo

Post by undo on Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Fender wrote:The main reporters were Elise Labott and Tal Kopan from CNN; the above story is dated 3-18-16 -- the board wouldn't let me transfer all of the images of this story; but the main parts of it R there.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but I don't know if Fender knows how to copy and paste links.
    Pete Best
    Right Wing Savage

Pizzas : 72
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best on Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:51 am

I just read through this http://www.soundopinions.org/forum/index.php?/topic/19769-the-case-against-fish

I really used to give a shit, didn't I.
    Duff...
    Blood Gargling Psychopath

Pizzas : 332
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:59 pm

To be fair back then there was at least something there to at least pretend was worth giving a shit about.
    undo

Post by undo on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:33 pm

http://www.soundopinions.org/forum/index.php?/topic/20615-organized-religion-part-ii/?p=832749

I'm not going to say I knew how he'd respond to that post word for word but I knew this was exactly what he'd post about and almost exactly what that post would look like.
    undo

Post by undo on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Cheers SJWs, all you had to do was listen to some regular, working class people and not sit preaching about meaningless issues from your ivory fucking tower while the trodden poor rose up and created a monster.

0% surprised that waveswithin would use this term unironically at some point before the board bites the dust.
    undo

Post by undo on Sat May 27, 2017 2:12 pm

undo

Post by undo on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:06 pm

undo

Post by undo on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:27 pm

undo

Post by undo on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:14 pm

How will Reality Winner do in next year's bracket?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:28 am