some new apple bullshit

reuben
    An American Gashhound in Lincoln

Pizzas : 625

Re: some new apple bullshit

Post by reuben on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:50 am

This "apple watch" is ugly, right? All these nerds calling it stylish but I don't understand.
    Nick
    President Obama

Pizzas : 615

Post by Nick on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Fuck the iWatch. Shit like that is for Tech Utopian / Apple fanboys that work low paying ad agency jobs as "creatives".
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 338

Post by yancy on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:14 pm

I don't care about the watch, but what really bugs me is Apple joining the size war. I don't want a huge dorky pop tart phone. The 5s is already pushing it, just barely small enough to fit in a front jeans pocket while sitting. I've probably bought my last iPhone.

Both of my friends who like big phones are "android guys" who customize the shit out of every piece of technology they own. They're also obese and wear pants big enough to put a tablet in their front pocket.

I don't want to pimp my phone. I want a compact device with a slick, intuitive interface that works great of out the box and fits comfortably in slim denim. So basically an updated iPhone 4s.
    Nick
    President Obama

Post by Nick on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:29 pm

So pissed they are dropping the iPod Classic. Am i supposed to buy 3 Nanos or something?
    undo
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 442

Post by undo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Nick wrote:So pissed they are dropping the iPod Classic. Am i supposed to buy 3 Nanos or something?

I think you're supposed to subscribe to Spotify for life or whatever streaming music service Apple has or will inevitably be rolling out next.
    C-poots
    Wandering Dragon

Pizzas : 122

Post by C-poots on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:41 pm

why would I want to wear a shittier version of an iPhone, that requires me to carry around an iPhone to use, on my wrist?

Also its ugly.
    Duff...
    Blood Gargling Psychopath

Pizzas : 335
    DispositionSunny.

some new apple bullshit

Post by Duff... on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:52 pm

yancy wrote:I don't want a huge dorky pop tart phone.
    Yeah, this is dumb.
    reuben

Post by reuben on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:37 am

now there's a goddamned U2 album on my phone? howcommunityworks
    Nick
    President Obama

Post by Nick on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:16 pm

I bought an iPod Classic 4 off eBay 6 months ago and it is one of my most awesome purchases. Stupid Apple.
    Duff...
    Blood Gargling Psychopath

Pizzas : 335
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... on Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:50 pm

So that's still a band then, huh.
    Ned Braden

Pizzas : 552
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:15 pm

This watch should've been designed for running. Haven't seen pics or anything yet, I'm just assuming it wasn't designed this way.
    C-poots
    Wandering Dragon

Post by C-poots on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:53 am

It was
    Ned Braden

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:30 am

Hmm.. Interesting. I was sort of bummed that they discontinued the small nano which was pretty perfect for running. Do you know if this watch will have a headphone jack, or are we in the Bluetooth headphone future already?

I'm definitely of the opinion that big pop tart phones blow.
    C-poots
    Wandering Dragon

Post by C-poots on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:39 am

Yeah, they made three models of the little watch and one is "lightweight and built for running wrist-bands" but you still need to have your phone on your person the whole time I believe, which totally defeats the purpose of a little wristband. I might have misinterpreted their marketing speak and maybe it can store your run info and sync to a phone, but I believe not.

Also pretty sure there is no driver in this watch wrt music, its just a wireless remote for your iPhone/pod/pad/thing. Stupid device.
    Nick
    President Obama

Post by Nick on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:50 am

We have reached a point where "phablet" is acceptable to use when describing an expensive piece of tech.
    undo

Post by undo on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:29 am

Yesterday I dropped my iPod Touch for the hundredth time and the screen finally shattered.
    Ned Braden

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:45 pm

C-poots wrote:Yeah, they made three models of the little watch and one is "lightweight and built for running wrist-bands" but you still need to have your phone on your person the whole time I believe, which totally defeats the purpose of a little wristband. I might have misinterpreted their marketing speak and maybe it can store your run info and sync to a phone, but I believe not.

Also pretty sure there is no driver in this watch wrt music, its just a wireless remote for your iPhone/pod/pad/thing. Stupid device.

Ugh goddammit. All they needed to do was throw an old nano on a sweatproof wristband and boom - that's a device I'd buy.
    Nick
    President Obama

Post by Nick on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Was the update I just installed on my iPhone done just so this bullshit company could drop an iWatch icon on my home screen?
    phixed
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 47

Post by phixed on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:36 pm

Nick: Yes.

I'm getting more and more irritated at the sluggishness of the iPad2 we have at home.
    undo

Post by undo on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Can someone give me a simple explanation of what it means to "sync" your iPod?

I've spent 2 decades dragging and dropping and I don't understand this new bullshit. Even though it's probably been around since 2003 or something.
    phixed

Post by phixed on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 pm

If you have your music in iTunes, you can choose which playlists/artists/etc sync to your iPod when you plug it into your computer. So, let's say you love the Flaming Lips more than life itself and want to make sure that no matter what, every song they've ever released that you have in iTunes also appears on your iPod. If you have the Flaming Lips box checked on the list of Artists you want synced to your iPod, it will automatically add any new song by them to your iPod the next time you connect your iPod to your computer.

I use it more for playlists. I have a "Current Favorites" playlist that I put songs I've discovered/rediscovered recently into and remove songs after I've gotten tired of them again. Very convenient.

For what it's worth, I was a "Winamp or die" holdover for a long, long time but glad I finally made the switch.
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Post by Bruegel on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:12 pm

I realise that this is about as first world problems as it gets but the month I had to spend using my old work iPhone 4S whilst I waited for a replacement Galaxy S5 seemed like a return to the dark ages. I jailbroke it after a few days but it still annoyed the tits off me.

Moral if this story; don't leave your phone on a train in Poland.

At least it didn't have any pictures of my junk on it.
    undo

Post by undo on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:28 pm

phixed wrote:If you have your music in iTunes, you can choose which playlists/artists/etc sync to your iPod when you plug it into your computer. So, let's say you love the Flaming Lips more than life itself and want to make sure that no matter what, every song they've ever released that you have in iTunes also appears on your iPod. If you have the Flaming Lips box checked on the list of Artists you want synced to your iPod, it will automatically add any new song by them to your iPod the next time you connect your iPod to your computer.

I use it more for playlists. I have a "Current Favorites" playlist that I put songs I've discovered/rediscovered recently into and remove songs after I've gotten tired of them again. Very convenient.

So if I sync, it won't put anything on my iPod that I don't manually check, first?

I guess what I'm more concerned about is whether or not it's going to delete everything I have on there when I do this. I get the impression that Apple is like "You still have the music on your computer so we actually didn't delete anything" and "Your iPod and your computer should always have the same songs on it, why wouldn't you want this?"

I only figured out how to move voice memos from my iPod to my computer once (they're too big to email to myself). I deleted them all on my iPod but every time I plug it into my computer, iTunes puts them all back onto my iPod.
    phixed

Post by phixed on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:37 pm

undo wrote:I guess what I'm more concerned about is whether or not it's going to delete everything I have on there when I do this. I get the impression that Apple is like "You still have the music on your computer so we actually didn't delete anything" and "Your iPod and your computer should always have the same songs on it, why wouldn't you want this?"

Yeah. That happens and was the reason I held off so long to make the switch. Once you turn on syncing, everything that was on your iPod is deleted and from that point forward the only songs on your iPod will be ones you have chosen to be on your iPod from within iTunes. It sucked, but was worth it in the long run.
    reuben

Post by reuben on Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:41 am

So is it more racist if I only use the white emojis, or if I don't only use the white ones?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:12 am