Post by BGwaves on Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:34 am

Whatup UNDO!
    Ҩ
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 42
    DispositionIntransigent

Re: this is a basketball thread

Post by Ҩ on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:49 am

So they beat the Cavs, Celtics, and now the Warriors. I'll never understand this team.
    undo
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 442

Post by undo on Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:57 am

Ҩ wrote:So they beat the Cavs, Celtics, and now the Warriors. I'll never understand this team.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chicagobulls/comments/5wadko/the_bulls_are_the_only_team_with_a_better_record/
    zappo
    Got some shit to do

Pizzas : 516

Post by zappo on Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:45 am

The Bulls are going to win 74 games this year and then sweep their way through the playoffs.
    chrondog

Pizzas : 218

Post by chrondog on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:08 am

I quit basketball
    undo

Post by undo on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:20 am

undo

Post by undo on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Last night's game totally broke me and whatever stubborn doubts I had against the prevailing pessimism about this team. The naysayers and their inherited wisdom about this team's inability to shoot from long-distance, their "lack of identity" and perpetual self-imposed sentence to basketball hell with no way out that doesn't involve tanking, another half-plus decade of total irrelevance, are completely right.

The utter defeat and demise of the Rose/Noah/Deng-era and the promise it held and hopes that it inspired just broke my fucking heart. It wasn't just that they didn't reach the finals or win the NBA championship, it was the sense that the opportunity had somehow been taken from them, that some force had slammed the window shut before their moment had fully run its course. I needed to believe that it wasn't over and you can't blame me for seeing the promise in this team, acknowledging that devastating talent of Jimmy Butler and his ability to lead take over a game, believing that it simply doesn't make sense to live in a world where hiring Dwyane Wade to play for your basketball team is a bad decision, having watched Niko's rookie season and not being able to wrap my mind around what might have happened to him since then, etc.

You watched the exact same team as I have, the one that dominated Cleveland/Toronto in the regular season, beat every single good team at one point or another over the last two years. I clung to any winning streak as proof that they could play to the level of the sum total of their talent, that something could work in the long run, it always seemed plausible, I know I wasn't alone in this.

Their total, complete lack of chemistry, communication, motivation, strategy and confidence is just overwhelming at this point. I have stuck by the idea that there is something noble in supporting them despite their inept and infuriating approach to the game of basketball, something along the lines of how you should stick by your friends and family through all the difficult times that they'll put you through, the countless times that they're due to disappoint you and let you down, that jumping ship on a team that's letting you down is just playing out a low-stakes version of those sad facts of life that we all need to learn to cope with, eventually. But it's nothing like that at all!

Don't ask me how many chances they deserve to try to get past Lebron. They had plenty but I would rather watch him personally rip their heart out again than see them just fold up on their own in the most self-destructive, sad way possible like this. Of course, they have to deserve another shot, and it's super-entitled of me to believe that they do anymore.

I don't have it in me to boycott the Bulls for the rest of the year, they may go on another "hot streak" and get my hopes up and then a week later I'll be back writing this same post all over again. It's a cruel cycle I'm stuck in, one that mirrors that biggest frustrations of my life and that I can't find any escape from.
    zappo
    Got some shit to do

Post by zappo on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Good thing we fired Thibodeau. He was the real problem.
    undo

Post by undo on Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:37 pm

undo wrote:Don't ask me how many chances they deserve to try to get past Lebron. They had plenty but I would rather watch him personally rip their heart out again than see them just fold up on their own in the most self-destructive, sad way possible like this. Of course, they have to deserve another shot, and it's super-entitled of me to believe that they do anymore.

That #8 seed fantasy of mine is even more desperate fantasy than the Trump recounts. There's no rope to grab, nothing here to save you or your mediocre mess of a team. Sometimes you throw away once-in-a-generation players and all their potential! There's nothing special about you and your experience, least of all your "pure" ideas about life and basketball and justice. Sometimes racists brainwash your children while you just up and die in the gutter.

chrondog

Post by chrondog on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:26 pm

undo wrote:I would rather watch him personally rip their heart out again

this is what i'm imagining

chrondog

Post by chrondog on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:25 am

_
    Tits + Arse

Pizzas : 53

Post by _ on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:54 am

good post undo. i wish those first three games hadn't happened and i could have written off this season like i planned to

don't care about hot streaks anymore; the last glimmer of hope was pre-trade deadline, right before it became clear that this is without question the worst front office in the league by a good margin instead of just bottom five

i was optimistic enough to think holding onto Jimmy and putting competent pieces around him was still a feasible move instead of dealing him for picks, and now i have no doubt that they'll do neither one
    _
    Tits + Arse

Pizzas : 53

Post by _ on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:02 am

no team looks as consistently resentful to have to play basketball as the past few seasons of the Bulls

maybe there's something about the CSN broadcast that makes everything seem especially drab and lifeless
    zappo
    Got some shit to do

Post by zappo on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:06 am

Yeah, I think it's the corpse of Neil Funk that can and should be blamed for at least the lifelessness.
    Ҩ
    Fuckin Thot

DispositionIntransigent

Post by Ҩ on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:12 pm

I don't know how it doesn't just make you laugh sometimes though. I turned on the game yesterday and within three minutes they were down 10-0 and had gone 0-10 from the field (misses that included layups, floaters, and wide open three pointers).

I flipped off the television and already knew they had lost with 45 minutes of game time left. Lol.
    undo

Post by undo on Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:54 pm

I happened to turn on the TV halfway through that first quarter and was really rooting for them to miss every shot and get that 4-point quarter they seemed headed towards.
    undo

Post by undo on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkCjarWjixc#t=2m09s
    zappo
    Got some shit to do

Post by zappo on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:59 pm

Fuckin' Thibs, man!
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:40 pm

if you guys are done with the Bulls, i recommend watching the Blazers. they play fun basketball.

i wrote about the new Nurkic-Lillard pick and roll combo that is already paying dividends for them: https://medium.com/@jasperness/the-nurkic-lillard-pick-and-roll-is-a-force-446f07645785#.eey6bt4lm
    Nick
    President Obama

Pizzas : 615

Post by Nick on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:18 pm

There have been like 2 good games in the NCAA tournament first round.
    Ҩ
    Fuckin Thot

DispositionIntransigent

Post by Ҩ on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:07 am

It's been frustrating. I enjoyed the Northwestern game though and seeing Julia Louis Dreyfus' reactions in the stands.

I made a half-assed bracket with my sister. It was some group made through her dorm and there was a chance of winning some Amazon gift cards. I couldn't reel her in though and we ended up with stupid picks like having VCU in the elite eight.
    Nick
    President Obama

Pizzas : 615

Post by Nick on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:02 pm

That Wisconsin vs Nova game was a lot of fun. That Nova PG is supposed to be the best player in the country & he's probably headed to like the Lithuanian league, LOL.
    undo

Post by undo on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Jerry!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:32 am