SiriusXM

Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

SiriusXM Empty SiriusXM

Post by Michael K. Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:54 pm

Just got a call from a SiriusXM salesman - older gentleman w/ a slow drawl who told me he lives on the east coast. The new car came w/ a trial package that I found super buggy: shitty coverage, 1 or 2 music stations I had any interest in, and a 90 day trial period that didn’t work for the first 45 and stopped working for the last 30 or so. The sports options were good, but I can cover those w/ a combo of podcasts, apps, and live radio anyway, and the music stations I did enjoy weren’t nearly as good as my Pandora, Spotify, or Beats stations. I told him all of this. Dude still tried to sell me a new plan; he also told me he’d “boost my signal” and “kick my concerns up the line” and I could look forward to uninterrupted service if I ever needed to make a cross country drive. I told him even if it were a free service I wouldn’t use it because my other options are so much better. He tried again w/ the pitch on the way out. I couldn’t bear it and just set my phone - still connected, him continuing - on the counter while I chopped some asparagus. I have a much better understanding of the SiriusXM demographic after that phone call.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

SiriusXM Empty Re: SiriusXM

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:03 pm

but were your concerns kicked up the line
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:26 pm

As far as corporate-speak goes I prefer "kick your concerns up the line" to "escalate your complaint."
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:51 pm

i find myself saying "push the sand around" and "change up our paintbrushes". i don't know where these came from or even what i'm really getting at.
    quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

Post by quip Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:39 pm

yeah, the music stations are pretty much useless but, if i still commuted by car, i'd probably sign up for howard stern.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm