When parenthood gets REAL

reuben
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 591

When parenthood gets REAL

Post by reuben on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Yesterday I explained to Miniboss with varying degrees of success both what happened on 9/11 and why her friend from school has brown skin.

mang
    Nick

Pizzas : 584

Re: When parenthood gets REAL

Post by Nick on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Jesus how old is she?
    reuben

Post by reuben on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:01 pm

Four but a precocious four.
    Bruegel
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 437

Post by Bruegel on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:57 am

my 11yo nephew went through a 9/11 obsession a couple of years ago that led to his internet activity being more closely monitored/temporarily curtailed.

highlights (?) included a Birthday card for his Grandpa that featured a drawing of Edna Cintron waving from the impact zone and, even more disturbingly, he was caught subjecting his sister to a quite lengthy, verbatim recital of the Kevin Cosgrove 911 call.

My sister-in-law was pretty freaked out but my bro was all "he's just like his uncle".
    zappo
    President Pence's First Lady

Pizzas : 474

Post by zappo on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Somewhat related story:

When I was teaching English in Japan, the municipal school district for which I worked used an junior high school English language textbook which was, by that point, more than a little out of date.  One lesson was on New York City and still (as of 2006, somehow) featured a picture of the World Trade Center.  Very strange to deal with, trust me.

One day, as I was walking around a classroom and making sure the little fuckers were toeing the line, I noticed that one of the "bad kids" had used a pen to draw planes smashing into the towers.  Flames shooting out and little people plummeting to their deaths, as well.  Pretty intense shit.  I admired his brashness more than I was bothered by it.  When he saw that I'd noticed, he wore a shit-eating grin that, trust me, put Dave Grohl's to shame.
    reuben

Post by reuben on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:41 pm

I haven't told her the whole truth yet.  Glossed right over the part where millions died.
    reuben

Post by reuben on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:16 pm

At bedtime tonight Miniboss tells me she learned a song at her school today from when I was a kid.  "It goes like this," she says, "I like to move it move it.  I like to move it move it.  I like to move it move it.  I like to MOVE IT!
    Bruegel
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 437

Post by Bruegel on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:31 am

Brilliant!

My niece's recent end of term show featured a group of slightly obese, very uncoordinated 9-year-old girls dancing to SL2's On A Ragga Tip and The Prodigy's Out Of Space.
    reuben

Post by reuben on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Miniboss asks me to show her pictures of things on my phone whenever she is curious about something. Queen Elizabeth, volcanos, the Trevi Fountain, basically whatever crosses her mind or things we read about in her books.

This afternoon while she was using the toilet she asked me if I could show her a picture on my phone of the "inside of a tush."
    Ҩ
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 35
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by Ҩ on Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Are you above the mental pondering of a young gastroenterologist or something, Reuben? I don't get it otherwise...
    reuben

Post by reuben on Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:03 pm

I told her I don't have photos of THAT on my phone but she did not believe me.
    raj gibson
    Radical Bitch

Pizzas : 157

Post by raj gibson on Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:42 am

I think the last page of The Monster at the End of This Book will work for your purposes... not 100% sure though, as I never finished it myself, too terrifying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:02 am