Bruegel
? Ospink
Gene Bootcut
_
WP64
reuben
Ned Braden
16 posters

Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!!

techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!!

Post by techno raj Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:12 pm

At risk of furthering the thread hijack Gigi Masin is great and has indeed been sampled a ton. This is my favorite Masin track lately.

techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Fuckin' shit! These songs are the same song!!

Post by techno raj Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Duff... wrote:Nintendo's music was something I would often take for granted when I was younger, like it was basic or something, but they made some of the most enduring songs. Konami, Tecmo, and Capcom always had great soundtracks.

This is the jam right here:

Further hijack, hell yeah. Subject possibly deserves its own thread.

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:12 pm

My 2002 diesel Ford Focus has a USB port, but it will only play things uploaded onto one specific thumb drive (ignores my iPhone, iPod). I tried uploading a bunch of emulators onto my windows computer, and left the files on the thumb drive. Somehow, the car recognized the sound files so I spent the other day cruising around listening to the Chrono Trigger soundtrack. It was quite enjoyable.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 280
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:35 pm

new games have good soundtracks too:

Ive listened to this whole thing at work a few times. Drexyia fans take note
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:11 pm

i love all the Nintendo/Mario classic soundtracks. Donkey Kong Country is a classic. i was into video game soundtracks before i was into "music" at large. i owe a lot of my musical taste/fandom to MIDI music from the early 1990s.

rather than reiterate what others have posted, i'll go to a few others that are top of mind for me personally: 

soundtrack playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB0xooEkKbSa0bnwqGixlXc-fdmydOcAx

Sega was also a major synth pioneer! the Sonic series probably has more bangers than any other video game franchise.

my Sonic 3 fave (though everything is wonderful):

i consider this one of the GOAT game soundtracks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQqymjLleck

BUT THE ACTUAL GOAT IS SHINOBI III: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2FmS8OLbuo&t

this might be the single most nostalgic piece of music in my life.

one of my favs:
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 280
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:17 pm

Many of those Sonic 3 songs were influenced by Michael Jackson. He worked on the soundtrack and I think they used portions of a few of them for the final game. I’d post the wiki but you guys know how to get the info
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Wondered if Genesis was later than we were talking. Sonic 3 was great. I think this one is specifically by Michael Jackson:

Streets of Rage 2 had some bangers too:

That Crono Trigger song is awesome. Squaresoft could really make the SNES sound great:
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:58 pm

undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:37 am

Ever hear a song in a crowded place and the noise and acoustics make it so you can only hear certain parts of it or only certain frequencies?

I strained my ears for like two minutes while this song was playing in a noisy restaurant and I was really sure it was "Trainspotting" by Primal Scream.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:47 pm

Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:37 am

Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:45 am

To link our derail back to the topic for no great reason, I always for some reason thought these songs were similar:

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed May 08, 2019 3:34 pm

Does this sound like a specific Billy Joel song? Or all the Billy Joel songs?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu May 09, 2019 5:11 pm

zappo wrote:mang

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu May 09, 2019 7:17 pm

I mean, between "Don Cherry" and "SNES" I feel way too down with all this shit without having clicked either of those two links, but that's just in-character posting/living.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Sat May 18, 2019 9:33 pm

This one is more like mashup territory. But you can totally cross fade the Supertramp chorus into the Styx at several points, without even having to pitch shift.

imlikewhoa
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:01 pm

I haven't listened to more than 30 seconds of this but how is this not just "Can U Feel the Love 2Night"?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:57 am

When you hear the guitar(s) that come in at about the 1:30 mark, does it remind you of anything?

Because it's right on the tip of my tongue but I can't figure it out.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:14 pm

undo wrote:

When you hear the guitar(s) that come in at about the 1:30 mark, does it remind you of anything?

Because it's right on the tip of my tongue but I can't figure it out.

It's in the same key, and shares some of the basic melodic figures and guitar tones, of Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters."

undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 pm

I don't think that's it, nor could it be as I really haven't listened to Metallica, ever (biggest band of the biggest musical blindspot in my entire life). I know I say stuff like this a lot but I am planning on doing something about that soon.

I keep coming back to this if only for the guitar tone but it's hard to pinpoint exactly what part of this my brain is latching onto.

undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:07 pm

Comments on the Snake's Revenge video also point out similarities to this.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:09 pm

I can't believe this is the first time I ever thought about this:

Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:53 pm

No one cares about this but me but fuck it.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:41 pm

undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm