_
Paves
7 posters

A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder

Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder Empty A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder

Post by Paves Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:56 pm

A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder Felder-2

A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder 12507631-mmmain
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder Empty Re: A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder

Post by Paves Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:57 pm

A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder Quote-take-a-ride-on-heavy-metal-it-s-the-only-way-that-you-can-travel-down-that-road-don-felder-99-82-86
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder Empty Re: A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder

Post by Paves Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:59 pm

A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder Gw_ig_donfelder_2014_1080_mez_0
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:00 pm

A Members-Only Ninja Turtles Fan Forum Salute to Don Felder 2v81nw3
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Well, there you have it, folks.  That's what single-handedly reviving a fallen message board looks like.  I'll just thank God that it's all over with and that the memories live on.
    _
    _
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 60

Post by _ Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:44 am

i mean this guy only played lead guitar in the FUCKING Eagles for 30 years..... no big deal
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm glad that you showed up in this thread.  I was going to cite your hummus thread as evidence that the board is very much alive.

https://lopp2.forumotion.com/t538-ate-too-much-hummus-and-i-m-feeling-fucked-up
    _
    _

Post by _ Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:52 pm

ate chicken makhani at midnight and today has been hell
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:02 pm

Good thread.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:46 pm

_ wrote:ate chicken makhani at midnight and today has been hell

I never feel like death after eating stuff. I mean, I'm sure my time is coming. But it ain't here, yet. Does this make me contemptible?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:46 pm

I do have diabetes, though. That shit's pretty heavy.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Don, Foreigner, and Styx ROCK THE CURE for Type 1 Diabetes!

https://www.facebook.com/rockthecure4diabetes/wall
    _
    _

Post by _ Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:50 pm

zappo wrote:
    _ wrote:ate chicken makhani at midnight and today has been hell

I never feel like death after eating stuff.  I mean, I'm sure my time is coming.  But it ain't here, yet.  Does this make me contemptible?

i'm usually fine unless i eat too much too soon before i fall asleep. brutal indigestion all morning

this never used to happen to me but i'm prepared for this new life of ceaseless torture
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:10 pm

I knew there was a fourth guy in The Eagles but I never felt it particularly important to find out who he was or what he's been doing post-Eagles.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:38 pm

I think technically he was the fifth guy.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:48 am

Guess I still don't know the fourth guy then.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 992
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:14 am

My brain immediately jumped to the guy who did All Dogs Go To Heaven and Cecil Fielder.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:32 pm

Paves wrote:

This album is kind of sick. Listened to it a few times. True story.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:21 pm

I remember always taking issue with the all of the self-proclaimed heavy metal purists who found the selection of artists in the soundtrack for Heavy Metal to be insufficiently metal, as if the presence of Donald Fagan, Devo, Sammy Hagar and Stevie Nicks songs in the movie made it any less awesome.
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Although I'm usually with the Dude and "hate the fuckin' Eagles," I really, really appreciate the straight-forward, hard rock edge Felder steered these Montanan stalwarts towards.

I mean, "Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride)" is essentially a late Eagles track.  Straight up hard rock.  "Life in the Fast Lane" almost sounds like Nazareth or April Wine.

Also dig:  "Visions," "James Dean," "These Shoes."

Kind of sick, indeed.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Whenever "Life in the Fast Lane" unfortunately reminds me of its existence I think of this time it came on during high school gym class and this kid started singing along to it and this other kid says "You mostly listen to stuff your dad listens to, huh?"

Good story.
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Post by Paves Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:10 pm

vIv wrote:Although I'm usually with the Dude and "hate the fuckin' Eagles," I really, really appreciate the straight-forward, hard rock edge Felder steered these Montanan stalwarts towards.

I mean, "Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride)" is essentially a late Eagles track.  Straight up hard rock.  "Life in the Fast Lane" almost sounds like Nazareth or April Wine.

Also dig:  "Visions," "James Dean," "These Shoes."

Kind of sick, indeed.

The "Life In The Fast Lane" riff is a Joe Walsh creation. But I'm pretty sure Felder was responsible for most of the standout guitar stuff that's on the songs they did during the second half of the '70s, including pretty much all of "Hotel California."

Actually listening through Their Greatest Hits led me to conclude that even though I enjoy said hits, the song "One of These Nights" is what single-handedly justifies their existence, and there's nothing else that comes close. It might as well be a different band.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 am