Ted Falconi
21 posters

The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 12 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by Duff... Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Too many assholes on that team to call out but a smug prick, that guy.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 12 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by reuben Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:32 pm

He looks like if that crusty thing Ted Cruz ate off his lip in that one debate came to life.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Fri May 05, 2017 12:20 am

The passage of this House bill is a declaration of war.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue May 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Welp.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue May 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Also, Sarah Huckabee Sanders has been an underrated source of bullshit for this administration, and I expect that will end pretty soon.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed May 10, 2017 12:35 am

Honestly, I just want this shit to go away. Senate Democrats need to push for an independent special prosecutor and then be done with this bullshit.
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Wed May 10, 2017 9:08 pm

fuck these motherfuckers. I spent half of my therapy session getting this shit off my chest

guys invading my therapy session now
    f

uck him
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Fri May 12, 2017 11:02 am

Trump fires the head of the FBI which is absurd and scary. Then, he Tweets threats at Comey not to blab to the press or else.

Meanwhile, Sessions pushes through a new order to prosecute drug offenders to their fullest which is so overtly racist and ineffective. But that gets relegated to below the fold because of the FBI shit.

Republicans are just fucking torching the Dems right now.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri May 12, 2017 5:25 pm

Dems are getting torched because Reps have insulated themselves from reality. There is absolutely no reason to think to think Sessions's awful policies would represent a problem to these people even if they were getting full scrutiny.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Tue May 16, 2017 1:13 pm

They will bullshit their way out of this, it will blow over in a week.

This would follow a Democrat president for months or years, likely with calls and aggressive moves towards impeachment.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue May 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Ned Braden wrote:
    undo wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/25/hr-mcmaster-national-security-radical-islamic-terrorism-trump

Is this dude legit

Both McMaster and Mattis are very legit imo.

This administration ruins absolutely everything it touches.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 pm

undo wrote:They will bullshit their way out of this, it will blow over in a week.

This would follow a Democrat president for months or years, likely with calls and aggressive moves towards impeachment.

Because a large and vocal chunk of the electorate would literally go lie in traffic if Trump asked them to, and the rest of the republicans are either too spineless or too cynical to go against them.
    tjenz
    tjenz
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 77

Post by tjenz Wed May 17, 2017 8:32 am

Every single GOP member of congress cares far more about the republican party than they care about the republic.

anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed May 17, 2017 12:10 pm

I think the last 110 days has taught us Paul Ryan is one of the worst humans ever.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed May 17, 2017 1:05 pm

I don't care for him very much.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed May 17, 2017 5:29 pm

It pleases me to think about the ulcer he's nursing at this very moment.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Mon May 22, 2017 11:32 pm

undo wrote:They will bullshit their way out of this, it will blow over in a week.

I can't completely grok this level of pessimism, but if it actually did play out like this, it would suggest the Democratic Party has become so bad at leveraging political capital that we should just start voting hard for third parties.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Fri May 26, 2017 8:41 pm

I fantasize about Kushner being taken away in cuffs and Ivanka sobbing gently as she watches. The entire time concerned more about her brand.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sat May 27, 2017 2:06 am

Ned Braden wrote:I've said for some time that Trump's greatest strength is his ability to read and manipulate people... he's like a guy who wins on survivor. The viewers hate him because they have access to the full scope of the story, but the other people on the island will bend over backwards for him. He'll knife you in the back, but later that day you'll find yourself asking him out to dinner. Stories like this only prove the point. It actually sort of bothers me when people call him dumb... he says mind-numbingly dumb things daily, and he's willingly ignorant on most policy issues, but from a sociopathic people manipulation standpoint, guy's sort of a genius.

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/13/519888191/can-white-house-bowling-heal-gop-divisions-and-spare-the-health-care-bill

"Oh, he's such a good listener." Jesus guys, that's his bread and butter... he makes you truly believe that he gives a shit. And then once you're in his corner, he does whatever the fuck he wants. Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham talking him up on twitter? Get your heads outta your asses you clowns, this guy is the same fucking guy he's always been. Ugh.

I keep coming back to this post in my head, for two reasons.

1. After this post I'd see in various stories some dipshit saying what a good listener Trump is and it's like the words are in bright orange hilighter as I'm reading them.

2. The thing is Trump is really fucking dumb.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:16 pm

I hate our stupid fucking president
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 am

Yeah.

I'm kinda at the point where I'm pretty sure this country is over. Not simply because Trump was elected (though that would be one giant glaring symptom of the problem), and not that this won't be a perfectly fine place to live for generations to come. We're just not gonna be a country that people care about for very much longer. There simply isn't any reason to count on us for anything anymore, so everyone's gonna go find someone else to count on. And then the chinese middle class will expand, and then India's, and no one will even need to give a shit about us as consumers anymore. It didn't have to be this way, but we're a buncha stubborn assholes, so just keep waving them flags while the world leaves us behind.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:40 am

I often wonder, these days, what the fuck everybody else was doing (or at least quite a few people were doing) while I was learning about history during history class.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:53 pm

This shit all really just sucks. It's exhausting and terrible. I haven't been paying as much attention lately and have been really busy, which like Undo makes me feel uneasy. But it's a full time job trying to follow everything and it only just leaves you feeling more baffled and helpless. I try to focus my attention on the midterms and I went to see a few local candidates speak recently. It's nice to be around like minded people who also feel equally indignant. It's refreshing and energizing. I recommend doing that on the weekends if you have the time. I was really pleased by the questions from different people in the audience. They were really intelligent, well thought out, and often engaged with policy detail and minutia. I was really impressed.

Oh, and also the audience of mostly white retirees were pushing back on the idea that the the ACA was the best we could do. Most of them were Medicare recipients and were strong advocates of universal health care. As one of the younger people there, I was very touched by their commitment to making sure that my health and well being isn't an insurable good. There was a Chrono post somewhere that argued that calling healthcare a human right cheapens human rights. I disagree with this. Health isn't a contingency, it's an eventuality, which makes it unlike any other form of insurance. Everyone will at some point will get sick.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:14 pm

I fucking love the name Reality Winner
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Duff... wrote:
    Ned Braden wrote:I've said for some time that Trump's greatest strength is his ability to read and manipulate people...  he's like a guy who wins on survivor. The viewers hate him because they have access to the full scope of the story, but the other people on the island will bend over backwards for him. He'll knife you in the back, but later that day you'll find yourself asking him out to dinner. Stories like this only prove the point. It actually sort of bothers me when people call him dumb...  he says mind-numbingly dumb things daily, and he's willingly ignorant on most policy issues, but from a sociopathic people manipulation standpoint, guy's sort of a genius.

http://www.npr.org/2017/03/13/519888191/can-white-house-bowling-heal-gop-divisions-and-spare-the-health-care-bill

"Oh, he's such a good listener." Jesus guys, that's his bread and butter...  he makes you truly believe that he gives a shit. And then once you're in his corner, he does whatever the fuck he wants. Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham talking him up on twitter? Get your heads outta your asses you clowns, this guy is the same fucking guy he's always been. Ugh.

I keep coming back to this post in my head, for two reasons.

1. After this post I'd see in various stories some dipshit saying what a good listener Trump is and it's like the words are in bright orange hilighter as I'm reading them.

2. The thing is Trump is really fucking dumb.

Trump's great strength is that he isn't smart enough to realize that people who are smarter than him can see straight through his bullshit, so he continues it indefinitely. The unfortunate reality is that his embarrassingly transparent con man act is more sophisticated than about 40% of the voting public, and about 2/3rds of that group form his political base. The other 20% of the voters that supports him are incredibly cynical rich assholes who would literally drill a hole in the ozone layer for a 5% marginal tax cut and the less rich ideologues who still subscribe to that dogma.

I have always said that Trump's great success from a political standpoint was reimagining what a winning coalition looks like. Most of us did not expect that the duo of the incredibly ignorant and the unimaginably cynical was one such coalition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 pm