Ted Falconi
21 posters

The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 14 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by Duff... Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:51 pm

Pft. Another pisano playing the "mafioso card".
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 14 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by chrondog Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:56 pm

I'm bigoted against Italians, Russians, and the Irish. I'm sorry everyone.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:04 pm

So much for the tolerant left.

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Tolerate this stay frosty
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:13 pm

John McCain is a cowardly piece of shit. Fuck the Republican Party and fuck the Dems that cheered for McCain when he returned to the Senate.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:41 pm

At least he'll be dead, soon.  And I have to admit that I greatly enjoyed laughing at his ghoulish, carved-up face.

Last edited by zappo on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:48 pm

zappo wrote:At least he'll be dead, soon.  And I have to admit that I greatly enjoyed laughing at his ghoulish, carved-up face.
    Yer makin me MAAD
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:33 pm

god bless the usa
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:09 am

John McCain, earlier today, on the bill for which he just voted, this evening:

I will not vote for the bill as it is today.

Last edited by zappo on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:10 am

mmmmmmm
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:28 am

zappo wrote:John McCain, earlier today, on the bill for which he just voted, this evening:

I will not vote for the bill as it is today.

Sorry if I'm misreading your post -- and I think he's being hypocritical about this too -- but he voted to proceed with debate of the bill. He's saying he won't vote to pass the bill as-is. The whole thing is certainly a shitshow.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 am

No, there was another vote (a kind of procedural vote on the bill, as-is), last night.  He voted for it.  It didn't pass (43-57), but he voted for it.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Ah OK I see what you're saying... from what I'm reading it's maybe not clear if McCain is distinguishing between the Cruz amendment and non-amended versions of the bill? But yeah, that seems pretty iffy on his part. I wonder why he didn't just vote no given how many republicans were doing so anyway.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:38 pm

I think it might have something to do with brain cancer, but I'm no doctor.  Or, you know, this is just who/what John McCain is (and he's hardly alone, on either side)--he'll say anything and then just toe the party line.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:42 pm

I understand that he's voted against the straight-up repeal, this afternoon.  So that's good.  Jury's still out on whether or not he'd need to have his own vote explained to him, though
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:52 pm

There have been about thirty-five bills that he could have been talking about so I suppose that's a bit of cover for him. But his "maverick" image was always a bit of an exaggeration, lately a complete joke.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:35 am

Man that's the hardest I've ever spent 5 minutes with an autoplay

I was listening to this starting around 1:20:00 and didn't realise it wasn't part of the set
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:48 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/07/26/house-judiciary-committee-votes-to-probe-comey-and-clintons-2016-campaign/?utm_term=.fce8a3fe8493

I can't keep up, it's too much
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Duff... wrote:There have been about thirty-five bills that he could have been talking about so I suppose that's a bit of cover for him. But his "maverick" image was always a bit of an exaggeration, lately a complete joke.

Happy to be proven wrong, this time.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:43 pm

No, you were right. It was just theater. I mean, were you watching? He was promising "a great show," or something, earlier in the evening; and the embarrassingly rehearsed and overwrought nature of his actual vote further spoke to this. They needed a fall guy, and this way they all still get to say they voted for, lol, "the right thing." Meanwhile, he'll finally be dead in a few months. He was still toeing the line. They just weren't talking about what, exactly, that line was. I'd say something like, "...in my humble opinion," but it's not an opinion. And I certainly don't feel "humble" about any of this.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:47 pm

(I'm a type 1 diabetic who'd never had insurance as an adult and while living in this country [no problems, in Japan or Germany!] until the ACA was passed. And I'm pretty anti-ACA, too, for what it's worth. I'm just far less anti-that than I am anti-every-single-thing-the-GOP-has-suggested. Single payer, yo! That's where the action is. In both my experience and opinion. I'm so tired of these motherfuckers playing with my life as I get older and the serious complications, in spite of my most diligent efforts, begin to mount. I'm just really angry about everything, these days. But I'm certainly glad that McCain's being a shitbag finally helped, last night.)
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:32 pm

Don't mean to suggest that all is forgiven or anything, and I'm certainly not jumping on the "John McCain: Hero" bandwagon. I'm also not convinced that this was an outcome that McConnell secretly orchestrated. (Also have trouble getting excited about someone's very likely terminal cancer diagnosis, but y'know). But whatever, ACA is safe for now.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaand another general in a position of great power in the white house. A recycled one albeit, but anyone still in denial about how Trump views government power by now is playing a dangerous game.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:44 pm

I wish that Ned was posting with more regularity.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:16 pm

I haven't been following that whole thing as closely as I should've been. I've always had respect for McCain as a poor sonofabitch who got fucked up but stayed strong in a POW camp, but I'm gonna mostly have to agree with you guys on his political career. I think at this point, he's relishing the opportunity to tow the line and alternatingly piss off one party and the other. It's a strategy that, although incomprehensible in the day-to-day and possibly related to brain cancer, is at least commendable since it seems to recognise the need to bridge the gap and stop with the partisan bullshit. It's also a strategy that'll play big in the history books, I'd guess. There will probably be "John McCain: American Hero" books published till the cows come home. But he'll be dead as shit, so joke's on him.

He's utterly out to lunch though, yeah. I got some friends who are buds with his kid, which is slightly interesting I guess.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm