tjenz
Ted Falconi
21 posters

The Donald J. Trump Presidency

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 17 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by chrondog Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 pm

they're not sticking it to anyone. they're being cultural crybabies and annoying the hell out of anyone with critical faculty.

Republicans have won two elections in the last 15 years because our political system is inherently conservative, not because most people actually agree with them.

the culture wars? flame on, you fucking assholes.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 17 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by Duff... Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:16 pm

chrondog wrote:they're not sticking it to anyone. they're being cultural crybabies and annoying the hell out of anyone with critical faculty.

Republicans have won two elections in the last 15 years because our political system is inherently conservative, not because most people actually agree with them.

Well, yeah.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:34 pm

i have zero hope at this point
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:08 pm

I feel you. Been a particularly rough couple of weeks.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:33 am

i really can't wait to celebrate this motherfucker's death
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:26 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/16/politics/trump-niger-green-berets/index.html

remember, only two Americans were killed in the Benghazi attacks
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Like reading the first 95% of that CNN article wasn't infuriating enough so they decided to close it with quotes from that cunt Sanders.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:58 pm

what's worse: the existence of Sarah Huckabee Sanders, trash human extraordinaire, or the fact that SNL still thinks making fun of Kellyanne Conway is funny?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:42 pm

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 992
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 pm

I no longer have the ability to discern irony.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:29 pm

It's not ironic. It's just fucking dark.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:12 pm

Ned Braden, Do you have any opinion on this (written by an Army vet):
    https://www.balloon-juice.com/2017/10/19/general-kelly-was-shit-all-along/
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:49 pm

the military is one of the least trustworthy institutions in America, full of abuse, and shouldn't be anywhere near civilian government.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:02 pm

oh my fucking god he made up the whole fucking thing
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:11 pm

We're slandering congresswomen and feuding with gold star families (I'm sure it's a coincidence that this family isn't white either) and lying about other presidents just because the president is completely incapable of saying "I'm sorry".
    tjenz
    tjenz
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 77

Post by tjenz Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:36 pm

I don't understand the controversy, at all.
    If you saying something to a pregnant widow, and it is not well received, you apologize.
    It doesn't matter what you said or how you said it. Any human being should always defer to the grieving widow.
    Sadly, our president is incapable of being a normal human.

Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

Post by undo Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:04 pm

It's not like I want to rub my balls in this guy's face or anything but if no one else is going to do it and I had the chance, I don't think I could resist
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:11 pm

I had a point in posting this but I don't think you want to read it.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:14 pm

My brain is just completely broken, I don't think I'm going to come out of this in one piece without professional help.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:17 pm

I have impotent thoughts of violence towards random strangers every day. I don't think I'm capable of acting on any of them, I do not think I could physically harm another person without it destroying my conscience and literally driving myself insane.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:21 pm

For all practical purposes, there are no Christians in this country.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:29 pm

The Resistance is exhausted, every day is worse than anyone could have imagined, fascism and brazen corruption is being completely normalized past the point of no return on a daily basis.

Nothing even happened today to prompt this. I mean, personal stress has left me vulnerable to these thoughts and I've arrived at a point where I have pretty much no outlet to deal with that stuff or any positive escape from it. But this just feels like a low point right now.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:08 pm

If the densest elements of the "on both sides" media can't get open-and-shut stories like the Gold Star widow phone flap or this "Clinton camp paid for the Russia dossier!!" right by coming out and slamming Trump, Sanders and the rest of these spin doctors, they will never come out and assert anything.

The level of comprehension skills required to process reality through the media are simply far beyond the average human being, so most uneducated or poorly educated people (along with those whose minds are poisoned by ideology) will simply fail in that task. The result is that people are forced to rely more on their emotions to process reality, which is inherently more short-termist and reactionary. These individuals with poor media literacy are more susceptible to targeted misinformation.

I do a lot of thinking about how we can make the world appear more simple for "regular folks". I think the highly academic, technical language that we've developed on the left is very useful in an academic context, but much much less so in a journalistic one. I think the country would be better served by literally "dumbing things down" for everyone.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:24 am

jesus jones wrote:i have zero hope at this point

undo wrote:The Resistance is exhausted, every day is worse than anyone could have imagined, fascism and brazen corruption is being completely normalized past the point of no return on a daily basis.

I don't want to sound unsympathetic to others dealing with harsh right-wing realms but this kind of "it's hopeless" language sounds to me like people giving themselves permission to do nothing.

Is anyone on this board doing anything concrete? Getting involved with local/state/national politics or volunteering with a non-profit group? Or are you just feel-bad-gorging on right wing savagery and then complaining about it on Twitter?

If you are doing something and just haven't talked about it here I would say go ahead and do so as it might motivate others. I'm volunteering for a non-profit that does language and employment work with with immigrants.

I don't get this hopelessness thing from the people most directly threatened by the Trump presidency. They're more saying "it's always been this way, glad you're woke, but what are you going to do about it now?"

Again sorry if this sounds unsympathetic but hopelessness feels like a luxury for people who know they can probably afford to sit out a fight.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:28 am

undo wrote:My brain is just completely broken, I don't think I'm going to come out of this in one piece without professional help.

I don't think I'm saying anything people don't already know but most people would benefit from some kind of counseling/therapy and I'd encourage people to seek it out, especially when the personal stuff is multiplied against whatever is happening in the world at large.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:47 am