Gene Bootcut
_
Duff...
chrondog
ClosetOfExhaustion
WP64
undo
11 posters

What's the deepest HERBAL TEA experience you've ever had?

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

What's the deepest HERBAL TEA experience you've ever  had? Empty What's the deepest HERBAL TEA experience you've ever had?

Post by undo Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:09 am

How deep have you ever gotten into the wold of herbal teas?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

What's the deepest HERBAL TEA experience you've ever  had? Empty Re: What's the deepest HERBAL TEA experience you've ever had?

Post by WP64 Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:31 am

One time I made myself a hot cup of chamomile tea, drew a warm bath, and listened to a Pharaoh Sanders album. It was a deeply relaxing experience.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

What's the deepest HERBAL TEA experience you've ever  had? Empty Re: What's the deepest HERBAL TEA experience you've ever had?

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:20 am

sometimes at work in the afternoons i will drink a tea. usually it is because i am worried i am getting sick, and the tea lobby has me convinced it'll help me out.
    most of the time, though, i am offered a tea and i just think how much i would prefer regular water.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:43 pm

At the time of starting this thread, I think I was consumed by the question of whether or not this is something that men drink or not.

I was more interested in the simple answer to this rather than the more important matter of why I even cared about such a thing in the first place.

I was also drinking this and really getting into it: http://www.target.com/p/snooze-snuggle-organic-herbal-tea-20ct-simply-balanced/-/A-50577448
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:42 pm

I'm a coffee guy to the max, but also enjoy the occasional tea as a lower caffeine hot beverage. I like a black tea--Earl Grey, English breakfast. But those are also the highest caffeine so it's kinda hypocritical. A nice East Asian white tea like a Shoumei or Jasmine or Oolong is also tasty. I like floral flavors so those are right up my alley. Nothing like going to a cheap-as-fuck Chinese restaurant and having a few small cups of Jasmine tea with some sugar.

I'm also a big kombucha fan, which is just fermented tea. So delicious and effervescent when it's done well.

Interesting point about the "manliness" of tea, Undo. Of course European men drink tons of tea. Masculinity is different across cultures like that. Up here in Oregon lots of "manly men" drink hard cider, which, as far as I'm aware, is considered some "fruity" or "girly" drink in many parts of the country.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 pm

Black tea has an extremely manly reputation but getting into the caffeine-free essence of cinnamon and flowers and herbs begins to challenge gender norms in a way that ideas of Tim Allen masculinity would surely reject, which is not to say that I really care about opinions like those, I'm just exploring whether or not drinking such a thing is a true act of defiance or just the beverage equivalent of spreading lotion on your dry, chapped hands.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:25 pm

I prefer nonherbal tea, and I can't say with certainty that preference isn't 100% gender-based.
    _
    _
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 60

Post by _ Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:23 pm

bro you drink these gay flowers for women?
    _
    _

Post by _ Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:26 pm

just brewed up some Father's Disgrace © Vanilla Rosebush Indulgence. absolutely sinful!
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:04 pm

when i was drinking it in the bath on mushrooms and i didn't notice that i was pissing all over myself
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:10 am

sitting in my living room on a Sunday morning (1am) playing FIFA drinking an English Tea Shop Sleepy Me Organic tea with cannabis oil in it listening to Miles Davis' Sketches of Spain

is that deep?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:53 am

That sounds amazing, Chrono!

The only tea I have had lately is some Twining stuff. I usually get overwhelmed when attempting to go deep and select herbal tea.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:52 pm

chrondog wrote:sitting in my living room on a Sunday morning (1am) playing FIFA drinking an English Tea Shop Sleepy Me Organic tea with cannabis oil in it listening to Miles Davis' Sketches of Spain

is that deep?
    stay frosty even I've never gone that deep
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Every time I go to China I like to bring back some of those tasty boiled water leaves oh yeah baby. Got some white tea sitting next to me and thinking about getting deep into that flavor.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:54 pm

my coworker from india just gave me some Egyptian Liquorice Mint tea that is actually quite refreshing.
    _
    _

Post by _ Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:43 am

i know this thread is for the herbal experience but are these boxed matcha teas in packets bullshit? do i need a whole tea strainer setup to get the true matcha flavor profile and antioxidant benefits or what
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:10 am

I'm a pretty strict oolong/green dog but my tea gal is encouraging me to buy some yellows on my next go. I drink so much tea.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:13 am

i'm doing my own loose leaf Jasmine tea now, it's on point
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:50 am

My wife went to Teavana and bought their tea strainer/pourer last week, but she also only came away with some gross loose leaf tea that was like "NY Cheesecake" or something I was like
    Whathefukk

My tea drinking has dramatically been reduced as my daughter spills everything/insists on drinking every drink of mine

My deepest tea experience was on a visionquest
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 am

Teavana is a store, not a place, right?
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:40 am

As far as I know!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am