local politics

ClosetOfExhaustion
    In-character Poster

Pizzas : 241
    Dispositiondisposed

local politics

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:06 am

really wanted to just discuss the upcoming IL governors race, but figured we could use a thread for all non-national elections.

the dem challengers are lining up to be
    JB Pritzker (billionaire)
    Chris Kennedy (rich lineage)
    Ameya Pawar (progressive Alderman)
    Daniel Biss (state senator)

maybe 1 or 2 others tbd?

i'm wary of the attention the media will give to Pritzker and Kennedy -- for example we already knew they were both running, however Pirtzker's "official announcement" today has warranted Breaking News alerts in chicago. This recalls the press anointing Rahm as our Mayor as soon as they found out he was running. I'm already firmly in the Biss camp (phd in mathematics, very pragmatic, probably lacks necessary charisma).

a commentor on the capitol fax blog noted regarding the Dem primary, "we have 2 challengers for the rich lane, 2 challengers for the smart lane, and no one yet in the centrist lane."
    Duff...
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 324
    DispositionSunny.

Re: local politics

Post by Duff... on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:06 pm

I like Pawar. He's progressive but pragmatic (thought this of course has meant going along with some boneheaded ideas from the mayor). I'm always leery of more billionaires in politics and look forward to hearing more about Bliss.
    undo
    a stomach churning mess of bass

Pizzas : 407

Post by undo on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:50 pm

undo wrote:

Watching this closely, I live next to this town and Democrats really wanted to win this.

Should have actually volunteered instead of just giving (small amounts of) money and feeling good about myself for it!

Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:56 am