yancy
Gene Bootcut
22 posters

Clothes houndz.

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Clothes houndz. - Page 25 Empty Re: Clothes houndz.

Post by chrondog Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:22 pm

C-Poots wrote:Man I've been avoiding looking at clothes while I try to train myself to invest again, but its tough especially now that I work at a clothing brand.

all i do all day is look at fashion and food instagrams and it fucks me up.

plus, i realistically want to wear the same thing every single day: my black Levi's, a t-shirt, and my puffer jacket or a hoodie (or both).
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:59 pm

I have no idea how I want to dress this Spring & summer and it’s stressing me out.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:17 am

Harsh realm.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:37 pm

i bought a pair of oxblood and skyblue chinos for $10 each and a $10 pair of white lace-up Keds from Goodwill yesterday
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:23 pm

chrondog wrote:i bought a pair of oxblood and skyblue chinos for $10 each and a $10 pair of white lace-up Keds from Goodwill yesterday

this is truly the first time I've ever seen anyone use Oxblood as a color for something other than leather.

C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:08 am

This coming season:

-Kim Jones move from Louis Vuitton to Dior Homme
    - Virgil Abloh now at Louis Vuitton
    - Riccardo Tisci, formerly Givenchy now at Burberry
    - Hedi Slimane, formerly Dior Homme and YSL, now at Celine

These are such weird creative/artistic director choices with the exception of Kim Jones at Dior Homme. I'm sure he's just going to put stupid fucking dior logos all over everything. Curious to see what happens with the last 3 though. These guys don't fit in with those "house codes" at all.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:26 pm

I think Slimane is a genius and his work at YSL has been inspiring. That being said I am 100x more interested to see what Virgil Abloh does at LV.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:45 pm

I gave Slimane a lot of hate when he first entered YSL and then ended up buying more pieces from (Y)SLP during his tenure than I did during his tenure at Dior and Stefano Pilati's at YSL before him. I am super curious what he's going to do at Celine; Philo's been a creative powerhouse for her entire tenure but Slimane has a great hand in fabric selection and makes really cohesive collections so I'm excited. Not like I'll be able to afford more than one piece for his duration.

I'm more curious than excited about Abloh. I think LV is mostly super over-hyped and I think Virgil could bring some cool contemporary design ideas to the house - just hoping he doesn't make it Off-White 2.0.

Burberry is gonna be weird.

Dior Homme is a bygone brand and they have no real aesthetic anymore, their prices only justified in the market because Dior women's does so well and is still so highly regarded (which I think looks too much like Valentino from 5 years ago). I'm sort of interested to see where Jones takes it but I'm like 75% sure I'm not gonna like it.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:11 pm

I think I might be having a quarter-life crisis or something. I decided to confront it head on the other day by going to Urban Outfitters and buying some of the tightest pairs of jeans I have ever owned and a baggy Sade t-shirt. I really hate people that buy retro tour shirts even though they weren't there and it's super obvious that I just bought this shit at Urban Outfitters like a douche but I love Sade.

I'm way less excited about posting this development after seeing C-Poots post in this thread tho...
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:34 am

lol dude you should wear whatever you want honestly. I judge looks but not the people behind them, unless they give me something to judge.

Urban outfitters is a huge success because they sell shit that people like, so if you like it you should buy it.

and pics or it didn't happen
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:10 pm

I have been on the lookout for vintage Tupac tees and I feel like such a dork for it. The older you get CP, the less you feel like you're "chasing trends" and the more you feel like you're allowing yourself to like what you like.

From my online research, in all honesty, Hot Topic makes some of the best throwback band tees. That really surprised me.

These are legit--
    https://www.hottopic.com/product/tupac-shakur-girls-oversized-crop-t-shirt/11041748.html?cgid=band-merch-shop-by-artist-tupac-shakur-2pac#start=2

https://www.hottopic.com/product/digital-underground-shock-g-tupac-t-shirt/11262845.html?cgid=band-merch-shop-by-artist-tupac-shakur-2pac#start=4
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:15 pm

I love you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tupac-Shakur-2Pac-All-Eyez-on-Me-1996-2-Pac-90s-Rap-Vintage-T-Shirt/401489935235?hash=item5d7aaa3b83Ⓜm_rJjDGOKLr1B7wpdp6TisQ🇸🇨USPSFirstClass!94703!US!-1
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:47 pm

For All To Envy has had a number of Tupac shirts, over the years. Not sure if they're still in stock, but it might be worth a look.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:06 pm

they have many but (yikes) pricing
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Urban Outfitters has a bit of a plagiarism problem but buy and wear a Sadé shirt who gives a fuck.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:59 pm

I'd start a conversation with someone I saw wearing a Sade t-shirt in a pub
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:01 pm

chrondog wrote:I have been on the lookout for vintage Tupac tees and I feel like such a dork for it. The older you get CP, the less you feel like you're "chasing trends" and the more you feel like you're allowing yourself to like what you like.

I mean, I'm older than you...

But I don't think people should chase trends. I think you should find a style that is your own and buy quality pieces that will last you in that style. I will say certain trends can influence other designers and lead to some cool product, but buying into anything simply because it is a trend is a stupid way to dress yourself.

Chrono or Nick (or anyone really) have you bought off of grailed ever? They've had a few pieces from Sacai listed that I've wanted for a while but I still feel old and don't trust internet transactions greater than, like, $20 between non-corporations.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:15 am

C-poots wrote:
    chrondog wrote:I have been on the lookout for vintage Tupac tees and I feel like such a dork for it. The older you get CP, the less you feel like you're "chasing trends" and the more you feel like you're allowing yourself to like what you like.

I mean, I'm older than you...

I meant WP 4-0
    vIv
    vIv
    Volunteer worker

Pizzas : 89

Post by vIv Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Last year, a friend of ours gave me a gift card to Trumaker.  That visit transformed my wardrobe.  They make classic, well-fitting, tailor made menswear.  It's a little more expensive than off the rack stuff, but the customer service is top hole.  You get paired with a smart and beautiful salesperson who knows their way through clothes and takes the time to familiarize themselves with your tastes, wardrobe and then make suggestions as to what might work well with your tastes and style.  And once you have been completely sized and fitted, you can simply order new pieces online and they come directly to you, in self-addressed return packages if they don't fit perfectly.  It's pretty effortless.

It really, really makes a difference having clothes that actually fit me well.

They have an outlet in Chicago.  I can't recommend these guys highly enough.

https://www.trumaker.com/
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Nick wrote:I have no idea how I want to dress this Spring & summer and it’s stressing me out.

judging by your 'gram from today your official summer outfit should be shirtless bro!
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:15 am

Probably going to buy a women's oversized cashmere cardigan from Acne Studios. Can't find a men's version of what I want anywhere.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Post by C-poots Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:27 am

Also, if I came across a million dollars tomorrow, I would buy basically every single thing from this collection. Haider Ackermann is a perfect CD for Berluti, his fabrics are amazing and toning down his eccentrics down from his eponymous label has lead to some beautiful looks.

Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:33 pm

Omg the first outfit in the video!
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut

Post by Gene Bootcut Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:37 pm

Funny you mention Acne knitwear because I've been eyeing this for a while and I think I'm gonna finally pull the trigger

Clothes houndz. - Page 25 Acne%20Studios%20Clothes%20For%20Mens%20Kite%20Cashmere%20Sweater%20-%20Camel-Sweaters---1462
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:59 pm

A buddy from class always looks super sharp. His trick: getting a personal tailor while abroad in Asia to take his measurements. Sends away for new stuff and dude has his info on file. Tailored shirts guys, that’s where I’m gonna be when I figure out this life shit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm