Hoop It Up

ClosetOfExhaustion
    Waitin' For the Bus

Pizzas : 246
    Dispositiondisposed

Re: Hoop It Up

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:05 pm

i grew up there. didn't arrive in chicagoland until college. i follow chicago teams with detached amusement, outside of the hockey & southside baseball club which filled the empty spots in my fandom.
    chrondog
    Puts commas, where they don't belong

Pizzas : 207

Post by chrondog on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:51 pm

I've done it again! Jasperness Podcast Episode 3 - Unsophisticated Basketball Opinions mediafire.com ?kdicl1ds076gb0s

four segments this time: looking at some blowouts from last night and talking about Jared Bayless, 5+ game winning streaks right now, injury watch for the rest of the season and a small fantasy player watch.

runtime is 32:38 Kmac cat
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Waitin' For the Bus

Pizzas : 246
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 am

i listened again. farao

that bulls-hawks game & score was so ridiculous. so much so that in the daily, entirely formulaic, hollinger espn rankings the bulls jumped from 19th to 13th overnight. such is the rarity of a ~40 pt win in the NBA, especially against a .500+ team.
    the bulls had 1 more rebound than the hawks had points. Shocked
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:48 am

Nets looked very good again disposing of the Raptors tonight
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:41 pm

Bucks comeback against the Suns was pretty good. Larry Sanders doing work.

Lebron James is just the most incredible player to watch. Still.
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 338

Post by yancy on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:22 pm

I should enjoy watching him do superhuman things on the court, but I just don't. Can't force myself to root for the guy. I only enjoyed watching him miss pull-up jumpers. Every time he went strong to the basket I was all shaqface.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Bulls vs. Celtics on WCIU at 6 pm! Pretty good news for this non-cable subscriber.

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Bill Simmons seems to think the Bulls might be looking for a quality pick-up before the trade deadline. Seems unlikely, but if so what would they be looking for? A strong PF obviously, but who is that? Gasol...?
    yancy

Post by yancy on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 am

Bulls didn't really deserve that win, but I'll take it. Missed too many free throws down the stretch, and had basically every fluke play go their way. Overtime games like that wouldn't even be close with Rose healthy.
    zappo
    Got some shit to do

Pizzas : 509

Post by zappo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:38 am

Deng's done.
    undo
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 430

Post by undo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 pm

how do you know
    zappo
    Got some shit to do

Post by zappo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Just an educated guess.

A) He's Luol Deng.
    B) It's a hamstring.
    C) Even if he comes back quickly, he'll play 45 minutes and re-injure it.
    D) He's Luol Deng.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Sounds logical.
    undo

Post by undo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm

how excited should I be about Carlos Boozer's season so far
    zappo
    Got some shit to do

Post by zappo on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:37 pm

According to Neil Funk, you should be considering him for both MVP and DPoY.

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:01 am

I can't stand Boozer's style of play. He never goes strong to the rim and doesn't even bother to get his body in the way on the defensive side of things. He has done a better job with rebounds though and he is definitely been at his best with the Bulls in the past few weeks.

These last three consecutive overtime games have all been terrible to watch. Very sloppy play from the Bulls, just giving up a lot of turnovers and easy fast-break points. There defense is what is keeping them in games and allowing them to keep games like tonight interesting. Also, what the fuck is the deal with Hamilton? Assuming that Deng is going to be out for at least a couple of weeks with this hamstring injury he needs to start showing up to play.
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:19 pm

wp64 wrote:I can't stand Boozer's style of play. He never goes strong to the rim and doesn't even bother to get his body in the way on the defensive side of things.

one of my least favorite players in the league, for sure.

undeniable offensive skills though which allows him to get by and even excel.
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:21 pm

undo wrote:how excited should I be about Carlos Boozer's season so far

exceptionally, because your team would be awful if he wasn't piling up double doubles

Lou Williams injury from last night was a heartbreaker, don't watch the video if you're faint of heart
    undo

Post by undo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:40 pm

I've been frustrated with Boozer for years, never seems to get himself involved in plays or use the abilities that he's shown in the past. This year has been a different story, obviously, but I wonder how long he can keep it up. Will his numbers go down once Rose returns? And is that necessarily even a bad thing?

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:20 am

The Bulls were so fun to watch down the stretch tonight! Hinrich, Boozer, Belinelli, & Butler were firing on all cylinders. I was so pumped up when Bellinelli hit that second 3-pointer to put the game out of reach at the end.

Jimmy Butler has been amazing in Deng's absence these past two games. Hopefully he isn't just playing totally above himself and we can start to expect this level of play from him.

Go Bulls!
    yancy

Post by yancy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 am

wp64 wrote:The Bulls were so fun to watch down the stretch tonight! Hinrich, Boozer, Belinelli, & Butler were firing on all cylinders.
    Yeah, I was pretty worried about them letting the old ass Lakers hang around all game, until they were finally like "enough of this shit" halfway through the 4th.

Bulls would easily be a 3 or even 2 seed with a healthy lineup all season. Still have a decent shot at home court in the first round if Rose comes back strong after the all-star break. Not that it matters much with Miami looming in later rounds.
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 am

Greivis Vasquez is my favorite player right now

a 6' 6" Venezuelan point guard
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:00 am

Mike D'Antoni on having Pau Gasol come off the bench wrote:He's one of the top centers, so it's not anything against him, it's better for us right now to do this and have this identity and try to work through it and see what we can do. Things do change and things do happen. I don't know. I can't see the future. But, we're ready to go forward like this.

stick a fork in em people, they're done. D'Antoni is a complete moron.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:37 am

jasperness wrote:Greivis Vasquez is my favorite player right now
    I'm all about some Marco Belinelli.

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:55 pm

yancy wrote:
    wp64 wrote:The Bulls were so fun to watch down the stretch tonight! Hinrich, Boozer, Belinelli, & Butler were firing on all cylinders.
    Yeah, I was pretty worried about them letting the old ass Lakers hang around all game, until they were finally like "enough of this shit" halfway through the 4th.

Bulls would easily be a 3 or even 2 seed with a healthy lineup all season. Still have a decent shot at home court in the first round if Rose comes back strong after the all-star break. Not that it matters much with Miami looming in later rounds.

They need to take advantage of their easy schedule this week. They should beat up on Charlotte, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Washington. After that comes the difficult circus road trip.

Would love to see them hang tight with the Nets and Pacers until Deng and Rose come back. A 3rd seed would be great because that could presumably stall their matchup against the Heat until the Eastern Conference finals...assuming they can get that far and that the Heat hang on for the first seed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:18 am