Hoop It Up

yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 335

Re: Hoop It Up

Post by yancy on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:16 pm

yancy wrote:TONY MOTHERFUCKING PARKER
    Weathered the storm! Hopefully the Heat can't maintain that level of intensity in the second half.
    zappo
    President Pence's First Lady

Pizzas : 474

Post by zappo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:34 am

Another ugly game.  Damn.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 179

Post by chrondog on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Dwayne Wade is a fuck boy
    zappo

Post by zappo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Gotta be the world's most successful crack baby, though, right?  The ultimate gold standard.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Chris Brown gets bapped by the Detroit Pistons Andre Drummond

yancy

Post by yancy on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Text Messages to Pop From a Spurs Fan is my new favorite thing this week. Long but quick & worth it.

Shea Serrano: I sent text messages to Gregg Popovich last night during the game.

Me: hey,
    Pop: yes
    Me: do you listen to music before the game?
    Pop: yes
    Me: like what?
    Pop: mostly a lot of method man
    Me: gtfoh
    Pop: really.
    Me: YOU like the wu-tang clan
    Pop: the what?
    Me: um, the group method man got famous in
    Pop: oh. my fault. Typo. Not Method Man. I meant Metho Dman he’s this Russian accordionist.
    Me: that makes more sense
    Pop: if I’m not listening to him, I also like to listen to Tygo
    Me: you mean Tyga
    Pop: no. TYGO. I hired him from craigslist. He’s from Yugoslavia. he comes to my house and just throws a bunch of pots on the floor as hard as he can. Really progressive stuff

-------------

Me: 49-49
    Pop: I have eyes
    Me: nice little run there at the end of the half
    Pop: I’m glad you found it enjoyable
    Me: dude, I’m soooo nervous. How are you not nervous? I remember watching when you all played the pistons in 05. They did a side by side shot of you and larry brown towards the end of game seven and larry brown is vibrating from nervousness and youre just there like it’s a game in November. My stomach felt like there’s a small elephant in there and I was just watching from home.
    Pop: I removed my stomach when I was thirteen
    Me: dude
    Pop: true story I got nervous and I didn’t like it. Stomach removal. Look into it.
    Me: but then where does your food go?
    Pop: food?
    Me: goddamnitihateyousometimes

-------------

Me: I think we should do some sort of prayer circle for tiago
    [No response.]

-------------

Me: this game feels like its getting away from us. If we don’t eat up this five point lead real quick the 4th is gonna be not that great
    Pop: oh okay. Cool. Thanks. Because I was just gonna tell the guys that we should not try to catch up but now that you mention it yeah I think it might be better for us if we catch up to them and maybe even pass them
    Me: man

-------------

Pop: tell me more about this catching up thing
    Me: come on
    Pop: am I supposed to send Spoelstra a handwritten note letting him know what we plan to do?
    [No response.]

-------------

Pop: hello??? Please. Tell me more about catching up. I can’t get my head around it.
    Me: leave me alone pop
    Pop: do you think it’ll be easier if we play make it take it?
    Me: …
    Pop: what do we do after we catch up??? My mind is exploded. I can’t keep track of all these crazy coaching strategies you have.
    Me: you know you guys are down by 10 right now right? Shouldn’t you be tending to that?
    Pop: I’m gonna talk to david stern to see if we can put you in charge of coaching all of the nba teams next year CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE WHAT IT’D LOOK LIKE IF EVERYONE KNEW ABOUT THIS “CATCHING UP WHEN YOU’RE LOSING” COACHING PHILOSOPHY OF YOURS?
    zappo

Post by zappo on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:11 pm

If things continue going as they are for each of these teams, then (win or lose) Danny "Motherfucking" Green is the clear-cut Finals MVP.  I cannot believe that I'm as serious as i am right about such a previously unthinkable statement, but here we are.  I've never seen anything like this, have I?
    zappo

Post by zappo on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:12 pm

In basketball, I mean.  I'm familiar with Tom Brady.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:47 pm

Right before I got home & turned the TV on, the Spurs were on a 19-1 run. Not much good has happened since. Uber jinx. Should I turn it off?
    yancy

Post by yancy on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:48 pm

Nevermind, Danny Green just buried the dagger in Miami.
    zappo

Post by zappo on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:56 pm

Danny "Motherfucking" Green, man.  MVP.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:44 pm

It's neat how Miami can't get called for any fouls in the last minute of overtime. I'm not a hardcore NBA fan; wasn't aware of that rule. Now I understand their proclamation of "not five, not six, not seven" championships.
    zappo

Post by zappo on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:49 pm

The game was horribly officiated both ways.  Tim Duncan was allowed back on the floor after the review of Allen's three, for example--blatantly "illegal," for lack of a better word.  (And in all honesty, that was hardly the worst of the mistakes that aided El Spurs.)  But, as is so often the case, the bad calls almost always break Miami's way in the most important moments.  This was 2010's game 7 all over again.  So fucking blatant.
    zappo

Post by zappo on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:51 pm

I still don't understand how Crawford ejected Duncan for smiling, a few years ago, and never once gave a tech to James for screaming, stomping, jumping, and harassing various officials while protesting no-calls which never should have been made to begin with.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Miami, still the worst city.
    zappo

Post by zappo on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:04 pm

At least they weren't allowed back in the building.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:05 pm

yancy wrote:It's neat how Miami can't get called for any fouls in the last minute of overtime. I'm not a hardcore NBA fan; wasn't aware of that rule. Now I understand their proclamation of "not five, not six, not seven" championships.

the refs didn't give any calls to either team for most of the game. they've been "letting them play" this series. i'm not sure i like it because the players really just look lost when they don't get the calls they've been getting for 90+ games. it's pretty jarring because the threshold for calls is so much higher in The Finals than the rest of the season.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Chris Bosh finally did or said something I agree with: "For all those guys who left, don't come back for game seven."
    zappo

Post by zappo on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Danny Crawford, Scott(y) Foster, and Monty McCutchen, tonight.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:59 pm

Thank you baby jesus that I don't have to see Joey Crawford in action again for several months.

usatoday.com wrote:At a Halloween party last year, Tim Duncan and Tony Parker were photographed holding fake guns at a bald-headed person dressed in an NBA referees uniform with the name "Crawford" and the number "17" on the back of the shirt. The NBA and the Spurs declined comment when the picture became public in December and neither player was disciplined by the league.
    zappo

Post by zappo on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:49 pm

I can barely breathe.  Already.  I'm still not even close to over 2010's game 7, so I'm pretty anxious. I don't know if I can handle this.  Like, regardless of how things play out, the anxiety may break me. All hail Danny Green.
    _
    Rockist

Pizzas : 51

Post by _ on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:28 am

good game

manu should be thrown in the gulag
    yancy

Post by yancy on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am

Spurs were lucky it was even close considering how bad they played. Lackadaisical ball movement, bumbled passes, just sloppy all around. They looked tired. No one can completely shake off what happened to them two nights before. I couldn't even stand to watch the whole thing. Kept flipping back & forth between it and poker.

Pop looked genuinely happy that it was over last night. He's smart enough to know they lost the title in the last 28 seconds of game six, and was drawing dead in game seven.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Dwight Howard causing chaos in Los Angeles is the gift that keeps on giving. dude has the public relations skills of a 27 year old multimillionaire athlete who has been living in a bubble for more than half his life.

i laugh every single time i hear Laker fans refer to their coach as some variation of Mike Antoni (No D).
    Nick
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 581

Post by Nick on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Did someone hack ESPN.com or is there really a team called The Pelicans now?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:09 am