Hoop It Up

yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 335

Re: Hoop It Up

Post by yancy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Bulls will never beat Miami in any postseason series until LeBron is old & gray. For the last few years the Bulls have been giving 100% all season to put up a decent record and get home court. Miami is so talented they can just coast at like 85% and flip a switch at playoff time. Bulls have nothing left in the tank, as evidenced by their embarrassing loss to 8th seed Philly last year. Rested, they'd win that series with or without Rose (whose ACL is further proof they play too hard too often).
    yancy

Post by yancy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:14 pm

Bulls only chance to make the finals the next couple years is if some irrationally exuberant mob like the Pacers or Knicks have the series of their life, take Miami to 6 or 7 games, and knock them out in round two. Bulls with a rejuvenated Rose could sweep in round two and rest for almost a week to face a drained Indiana or NY in the conference finals.

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 pm

yancy wrote:Bulls will never beat Miami in any postseason series until LeBron is old & gray.

I agree with all of your analysis, but as a fan I have to hang onto the never say never mentality. I don't even think the Heat are the strongest team in the league this year. I'd give that to the LA Clippers. Which by the way, if anyone could provide a link for me to stream that Clippers/OKC matchup tonight it would be much appreciated.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 pm

wp64 wrote:I don't even think the Heat are the strongest team in the league this year. I'd give that to the LA Clippers.
    I'd take the Clippers against a random team on a given night. But like the Bulls, they're playing a lot closer to maximum capacity right now than Miami is. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I don't think anyone can beat Miami when they decide a game is important, must win, etc. I'd like the Clippers' chances vs. the Heat if they didn't have one of the worst coaches ever. I can imagine VDN making the same (or worse) lineup/matchup errors Scott Brooks did in last year's finals.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:53 pm

wp64 wrote:Which by the way, if anyone could provide a link for me to stream that Clippers/OKC matchup tonight it would be much appreciated.
    NBA League Pass free preview 1/21 to 1/27, but it looks like LAC/OKC is only on NBA TV tonight. I've had success with lshunter.net for NFL, haven't tried it for NBA. Hopefully the game will show up here: http://www.lshunter.net/live-basketball.php
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 180

Post by chrondog on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:59 pm

wp64 wrote:I don't even think the Heat are the strongest team in the league this year. I'd give that to the LA Clippers.

yeah... no

Westbrook was a fucking beast last night and Durant took over in the fourth. Clips are not a championship team yet, mentally.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:01 pm

yancy wrote:but it looks like LAC/OKC is only on NBA TV tonight.

this was the #FanNight choice. every Tuesday night the game on NBA TV is fan selected. next week the fans picked Lakers v Hornets i think Very Happy

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:35 pm

jasperness wrote:

yeah... no

Westbrook was a fucking beast last night and Durant took over in the fourth. Clips are not a championship team yet, mentally.

Aren't you the dude getting your panties in a bunch about 'unsophisticated basketball talk.' Last night was one night of basketball, how much can you really extrapolate from that? Chris Paul wasn't even playing last night. Also, it's pretty fucking retarded when people start talking about a whole team as lacking a winning mentality. They are athletic as hell, well-conditioned, and have a drive every night to win basketball games with the goal being to hold the trophy at the end of the year. With the exception of the financial influence, that is what all competitive basketball teams have in mind when they step out on the court throughout the season.

I'll totally cede the point that they are not well-coached though. Fuck Vinny Del Negro.

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 am

NATE ROBINSON
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    In-character Poster

Pizzas : 241
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 am

has he grabbed the mic from the PA guy yet to be his own hype man?
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:59 am

wp64 wrote:Also, it's pretty fucking retarded when people start talking about a whole team as lacking a winning mentality. They are athletic as hell, well-conditioned, and have a drive every night to win basketball games with the goal being to hold the trophy at the end of the year. With the exception of the financial influence, that is what all competitive basketball teams have in mind when they step out on the court throughout the season.

i just said they're "not a championship team, mentally". i didn't say they were "lacking a winning mentality".

wp64 wrote:Last night was one night of basketball, how much can you really extrapolate from that?

i wasn't making the assessment just on the game. i just had a few remarks on last nights game and put it next to that assessment, so maybe it was confusing.

the notion that the Clippers are a better team than the Thunder based on what we've seen so far this season i think is pretty false though.

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:39 am

That's fair. I overreacted to your comments.

Another good night of basketball for the Bulls. Great rebounding and 3-point shooting allowed them to beat up on Golden State.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:20 am

it physically hurt listening to that game on the radio

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:39 am

Yeah, not a great night to be a Golden State fan.

Great season to be a Bulls fan. The expectations were low without Derrick Rose and this team, thanks to the intense mentality of Thibs and his players, have managed to keep this season interesting. They never seem out of any game and they are on pace for 50 wins. You'd have to assume that the addition of Rose for the last two months almost assures them a 3rd or 4th seed heading into the playoffs.

It would be a success just to see them be competitive in the playoffs this year and make the most of their athletic ability. It's just been so fun watching them this year that I don't even really mind that they are not championship caliber yet.

And seriously, I wanna see Jimmy Butler on the all-star weekend throwing down in that dunk contest or something. What a ball player that dude is.
    undo
    a stomach churning mess of bass

Pizzas : 404

Post by undo on Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:11 pm

this is a terrible game
    undo
    a stomach churning mess of bass

Pizzas : 404

Post by undo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:08 pm

rpi hondo

Last edited by zappo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed typo)
    zappo
    President Pence's First Lady

Pizzas : 476

Post by zappo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:30 pm

s^*t is probably ecstatic. He hated Hondo.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 pm

i have to agree with all the commentators who are immediately saying "time for the Celtics to blow it up".

i would personally keep KJ (lol at this auto replace), ship out Pierce to a contender and grab a bunch of picks.

there's more to trade than just Pierce but the C's aren't in good contract shape.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:11 pm

the best

yancy

Post by yancy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:09 am

My favorite part of that clip is how Dwight misses four straight free throws and is fouled again as the video ends. Hack a Howard, y'all.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Howard with a sexy 2-10 from the stripe in that contest

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:48 pm

This has to be the most impressive performance that leads to a loss I have ever watched in basketball. Almost never been prouder to be a Bulls fan than right now.
    zappo
    President Pence's First Lady

Pizzas : 476

Post by zappo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:57 pm

Jimmy Butler wrote:I think Nate got the best of [Brandon Jennings] in this one. He got him extremely frustrated, not to mention that Nate was knocking down a lot of shots. He was knocking down a lot of shots and was really into him defensively. I think he wasn't letting anything go easy. Nate took it as disrespect last time at home when he was doing Nate's celebration. I don't think Nathaniel Cornelius Robinson liked that too much.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 pm

wp64 wrote:This has to be the most impressive performance that leads to a loss I have ever watched in basketball. Almost never been prouder to be a Bulls fan than right now.
    I opened this thread to say basically the exact same thing. Feels like a win. If they scrap this hard and almost beat the Nets on the road with no Rose, Noah, Boozer, or Hinrich, then no one wants to play a healthy Bulls. I just hope those Bulls exist at some point this (post) season.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:12 am

I'm on the Bulls bandwagon in the East

let's do this thing guys!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:34 am