Hoop It Up

ClosetOfExhaustion
    In-character Poster

Pizzas : 241
    Dispositiondisposed

Re: Hoop It Up

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:08 pm

i am so excited for the playoffs. get here now!
    undo
    a stomach churning mess of bass

Pizzas : 404

Post by undo on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:07 pm

is Noah our only center? serious question.
    zappo
    President Pence's First Lady

Pizzas : 476

Post by zappo on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:08 pm

One of two. The corpse of Nazr Mohammed is, technically, the reserve.
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 335

Post by yancy on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Thankfully the actual center position doesn't mean as much these days, since Noah is our only good one and even he is pretty lanky/non-threatening in the post-Shaq era. I consider him a hybrid power forward/center. Dude could definitely stand to bulk up a little. Hard to match up with bigs like Tyson Chandler when you're not like, big.
    zappo
    President Pence's First Lady

Pizzas : 476

Post by zappo on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Noah is a PF, and was drafted as such. He's done a solid job of converting, but you're otm. The problem for him has been adjusting to his gradual bulking up. Every time he puts on weight, he has trouble playing with it.
    undo

Post by undo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Captions in the middle of the screen what were they thinking

No way to turn them off
    undo

Post by undo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:30 pm

Rip marco
    yancy

Post by yancy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:48 pm

What happened?
    undo

Post by undo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 am

rolled his ankle badly and had to go to the locker room.

apparently came back into the game later and was their high scorer, though.
    _
    Rockist

Pizzas : 51

Post by _ on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:51 am

fantasy dudes who know what they're doing

should i trade kevin durant for lowry/vucevic/al jefferson?

it's categories and i've got:

durant
    branon jennings
    george hill
    jeff teague
    aron afflalo
    shawn marion
    javale mcgee
    david lee
    gerald wallace
    marc gasol
    demar derozan
    jameer nelson
    mario chalmers

Last edited by _ on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    _
    Rockist

Post by _ on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:53 am

probably not right
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Pizzas : 180

Post by chrondog on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 pm

i have Vucevic myself and love him. i know people are trying to buy low on Lowry right now but i don't trust his production the rest of the way, i think Gay/DeRozan/Valanciunas will still be picking up most of the slack on that team. Big Al has been hot recently as have the Jazz but he's not dominant this year. seems like rebounds are slightly hard to come by on your squad though. how many teams are in this league? it seems like it's deep.

i hate so many of your other players but a 3 for 1 just almost never makes sense to me if you only have 7 roster spots. KD can win you threes, points and really help percentages in a roto league and he's safe. also is this a daily or a weekly league?
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:02 pm

my team has won 9 weeks in a row (against the soft part of the schedule where a few of my friends that won't set their lineups) and jumped from 13th to 2nd in the league.

my week 1 starters:

George Hill
    James Harden
    David West
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Gordon Hayward
    Lou Williams
    Kawhi Leonard
    Bismack Biyombo
    Pau Gasol
    Nicolas Batum
    Greg Monroe

my starters in this, week 15:

George Hill
    Greivis Vasquez
    James Harden
    David West
    Zach Randolph
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Nikola Vucevic
    Andre Iguodala
    Omer Asik
    Eric Bledsoe
    Gordon Hayward
    _
    Rockist

Post by _ on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:49 am

12-team daily league

i'm first in the league and haven't made any trades so i don't want to fuck with a good thing, but yeah rebounds are an issue so it's tempting. i kind of want to do it and just drop javale and chalmers but durant is too good and it's always close with points
    _
    Rockist

Post by _ on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:57 am

vasquez is a pretty awesome sleeper pick, i like this shitty hornets team for some reason
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:48 pm

i traded Greg Monroe, Pau Gasol, Lou Williams and Nick Batum for Vasquez, Z-Bo, Asik and Andre Igoudala near the end of December and it has propelled my team. all of the dudes i got rid of are hurt or underperforming and i picked up tons of counting stats.

i love the Hornets too and Vasquez is one of my favorite players. love his size and ability to get to the cup. my favorite type of PG is the one that can get 10 assists and 10 points in the paint in the same game. like a Vasquez or a Dragic. love me some Dragic. i talked myself out of drafting Vasquez because i thought he was risky but i was really excited to get him before he absolutely lit up the month of January.

i would drop JaVale anyway (he finally got dropped in my league) and grab someone with double-double potential like Amir Johnson, Taj Gibson, et al, or even Earl Clark if you want more steals and threes.

also considering making up your own 2-for-1. like a JaVale/Gerald Wallace for Vucevic (if anyone is dumb enough to do that). or DeRozan and a hurt Jameer Nelson for J.J. Hickson or something.
    _
    Rockist

Post by _ on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:17 pm

jasperness wrote:also considering making up your own 2-for-1. like a JaVale/Gerald Wallace for Vucevic (if anyone is dumb enough to do that).

word. gonna try this and pick up eric gordon
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 pm

JaVale has been awful for two months and Wallace has been almost equally as bad. Vucevic on the other hand has been averaging 14 points/12 boards for over a month and finally has his blocks up to more than 1 a game. He's shooting an elite 54% over the last 30 days and the Magic have literally zero competition for him.

Gordon has been pretty inefficient and I hate pure scorers like him without multi-position eligibility, but if a player of his quality (averaging more than 15 points a night right now) is on your waiver wire you absolutely have to get rid of guys like Gerald Wallace, Chalmers, DeRozan, etc.
    chrondog
    Fuckin Thot

Post by chrondog on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:24 pm

jasperness wrote:i know people are trying to buy low on Lowry right now but i don't trust his production the rest of the way, i think Gay/DeRozan/Valanciunas will still be picking up most of the slack on that team.

I just wanted to elaborate on some Raptor talk after last nights game and some news from today.

Raptor's coach Dwayne Casey said that Valanciunas and Terrence Ross should develop in practice and probably won't get big playing time the rest of the season. If he thinks that's the right course, I have to believe he might be setting himself up to get fired. This Raptors team should not be prioritizing stopgap winning over developing players.

Watching the Raptors/Celtics game last night, Casey played DeRozan and Gay together a lot, which makes them look really dangerous offensively at times, but its overkill. With Lowry out there, the Raptors were running the fastbreak incredibly well, but they needed more rebounding and defense out there on the floor. KJ absolutely pounded Andrea Bargnani in the fourth quarter, even though Bargnani was actually showing some defensive effort. Ideally, the Raptors would split up the foursome of Lowry/Bargnani/Gay/DeRozan to maximize their second line. Personally, I would bring DeRozan and Bargnani off the bench, but I doubt that will happen.

even if Valanciunas doesn't see his value increase in the next few weeks, I am still down on Lowry because this team will not be very good while Casey tries to figure out his new minutes rotation. I think DeRozan might see a minor hit in value because Gay is clearly the #1 option over him now, but he's still an iso scorer who will get the ball and he will take shots. even if they wont run the offense through him DeRozen will fucking chuck up the shots and get his numbers.
    undo

Post by undo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:07 am

They just played "detachable penis" during a timeout in Denver.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 am

Sure sign of a cheesedick city.
    yancy

Post by yancy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:17 am

Fucking track meet in Denver tonight. Nuggets fast break more than Miami, which is saying something. Doesn't help that the Bulls are turning it over nonstop. Noah attempted a terrible pass a couple minutes ago that I saw him thinking about, said "no no NO!" but he didn't hear me. Handed it directly to a Nugget.
    _
    Rockist

Post by _ on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:21 am

this is brutal
    yancy

Post by yancy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:21 am

Alright, changing the channel after that JaVale McGee dunk off yet another turnover / fast break. Almost time for Jimmy Fallon anyway.
    undo

Post by undo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:35 am

Im going to bed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:43 am