+2
Duff...
_
6 posters

[solved]do you have a responsibility to your message board?

_
    _
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 60

[solved]do you have a responsibility to your message board? Empty [solved]do you have a responsibility to your message board?

Post by _ Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:41 pm

as the online community that nourished and sustained you sinks into stasis, do you feel called to service? are you strong enough to post more threads in a desperate, likely futile attempt at revival? or do you run like a coward?
    _
    _

[solved]do you have a responsibility to your message board? Empty Re: [solved]do you have a responsibility to your message board?

Post by _ Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:41 pm

there are two types of boarders in this world. only one can live without shame
    _
    _

[solved]do you have a responsibility to your message board? Empty Re: [solved]do you have a responsibility to your message board?

Post by _ Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:44 pm

a true pillar of the community would delete and forbid all threads over 10 pages. but i guess moderating a message board is all about the sexy title these days
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 pm

I mean, I dunno, I can make some message board posts.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:09 pm

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/04/the-whole-world-is-now-a-message-board.html
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:21 pm

I will board till the cows come home, but unfortunately sometimes the cows are erratic
    ? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Post by ? Ospink Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm feeling pretty pumped right now.
    nobodies
    nobodies
    MICHAEL!!!

Pizzas : 1

Post by nobodies Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Hey. Used to post on the old SOMB. Like that board, my interest fizzled and I stopped going except a few times a year. That said, I always went back this time of year because I had some riot fest posts, and I liked to catch up. Anyway, I see that it's gone for good. No surprise. It was pretty much crickets every time I peaked my head in the door.

I remembered mention of this place, so I figured I'd see if there are any answers here. I'm assuming someone just stopped paying the SOMB bill, but is there any other story? Are any of those posts archived somewhere?

I had no idea where to post this, but this thread seemed like as good a place as any.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:10 pm

No announcement or anything. I asked the Sound Opinions twitter account if there was any explanation but it never answered and I didn't care enough to follow up.

Anyway, hey. Sometimes people post here.
    nobodies
    nobodies
    MICHAEL!!!

Pizzas : 1

Post by nobodies Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks. I figured as much. I don't think Derogatis or Kot had cared about the forum for years. I was a little surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm