People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

undo
    the golden age of crackers

Pizzas : 430

Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by undo on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:23 am

Tuesdays they cut the grass and run the leaf blower across the street, it never takes less than 3 hours 4 them to finish and it's continuous. They started at 6:30 this morning.

On Wednesdays, the association will have the same thing done on our side of the street, so we get to do it all again.
    undo

Post by undo on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:28 am

Quiet mornings R the only thing I've enjoyed about not being able to find a job and the actual Satanists who R paying these hard-working immigrants to blow leaves around a long but very narrow parking lot 4 some set-upon period of time every week R taking that away from me.
    Nick
    President Obama

Pizzas : 612

Post by Nick on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:48 pm

New guy at work is a big time urinal talker. Not a fan of UTs in general. I find it way too bold for some slightly above entry level new hire to try & chat me up about my weekend while I'm taking a piss.
    zappo
    Got some shit to do

Pizzas : 509

Post by zappo on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Guy sounds like a fucking monster.
    Duff...
    Blood Gargling Psychopath

Pizzas : 332
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Contact HR.
    reuben
    An American Gashhound in Lincoln

Pizzas : 621

Post by reuben on Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:07 am

Jesus, Nick. Does he turn his head when he does it or does he at least have the decency to stare at the wall?
    Nick
    President Obama

Pizzas : 612

Post by Nick on Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 am

He doesn't do a full head turn. More like an angle with an upward tilt.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Waitin' For the Bus

Pizzas : 246
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 am

i rather work with a hands-free urinal user than a UT
    C-poots
    Lives in "Florida"

Pizzas : 120

Post by C-poots on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 am

We have a guy in our office who rests his head against the wall above the urinal as though he can't muster the strength to just use his own body strength to remain upright while relieving himself. Its so fucking weird. He is also a UT, so yeah he's a dude you wanna avoid being in the restroom at the same time as, natch.
    undo

Post by undo on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Another day, another robocall from a telemarketer trying to sell me a cruise while spoofing fake numbers on my caller ID. I don't pick these calls up. They never stop coming, I get two or three every day. I wanted to see what might happen if I got through to a real operator, so I got past the fake operator/recording that talks to you when you answer the call and got patched through to an actual person.

I asked what company he worked for, got a "I'm sorry, you're breaking up, I can't understand you" response several times. Tried to get the call back on track by going along with it, "okay, how about now? let's hear about this cruise!" Then I asked how they got my number and the dude went with a "I just told you," reply like another three times. Have you ever been gaslighted like this in a one-on-one conversation? It's really something.

I was surprised how fast my willingness to engage with this person in the meconium shitbath that I knew was waiting for me had so quickly dried up, I simply can't do this even if I try to psyche myself up for it in advance. I was fired up and ready to destroy this dude, but that's not who I am and that's why nothing good will ever come from these misguided efforts and why even the meaningless satisfaction of giving them the pushback they deserve will always elude me. Once it was obvious to him that I wasn't interested, and it became obvious to myself that they weren't going to give me any of the information that they ought to be legally required to divulge when asked for, he finally offered to take my number off their list and I was "yeah, you do that" or something and he was like "okay, all you had to do was ask, we're both adults!"

No, I'm not taking his word for it. I am, however, left to ponder the possibility that, if it's not too inconvenient for them to do so, they may retaliate by doing something with whatever information of mine it is that they've got. It's awesome how they don't even have to float that as a threat and it's a scenario they still have on their side.

It's insane that it's 2017 and these people can't be tracked down, that both the telecom industry and law enforcement just impotently shrug over the impossible problem of tracing these calls over the very systems that they built and monitor to a personally invasive degree. The shared disdain against robocalls and the opportunists who buy and trade our personal information in running them is like the only thing that everyone in this country can agree on anymore, tracking down these people and making an example out of them would seem to be an obvious top priority and a quick way to build public trust and good PR but somehow that's lost on our best and brightest.
    zappo
    Got some shit to do

Pizzas : 509

Post by zappo on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:59 pm

tl;dr

When's the cruise and where are you going?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:13 am