Ned Braden
Duff...
25 posters

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 3 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by techno raj Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Props! 
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 3 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by undo Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Finished all our work for the rest of the day. Time to get some homework done. Turned off the annoying music that always plays here so I can finally concentrate.

Coworker just came back in from smoking his electronic cigarettes and now he has the TV on.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:37 pm

coworkers, there is no reason for you to ever address each other in a sing-song-y voice.  i am not interested in hearing any of you assholes say, "See you sooooon!" or "Have a gooood niiiiiight!"
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:32 am

Why is he going outside to smoke an e cig? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the whole thing?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:46 am

I was out of the office the past two days. My mom had surgery and my dad had to travel for work so I hung out there and helped out since she can't move much or lift anything.

In the office this morning grabbing coffee and a co-worker goes "I see you were out a couple days this week. Must be nice!" Like I'm some fucking slacker and she is here saving the world. I responded "I'm not sure what the fuck that even means" and watched her scurry away in terror.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Yeah to be safe you really want to use extremely vague language to avoid presuming time away was for relaxation purposes.

"I hope your period of time away was beneficial or useful to you."

Hope your mom is doing OK Nick.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Getting creepy text messages from an email address stevearrambide@msn.com. Started a couple weeks ago with:

Hi mom it's Matthew.

I responded Wrong #

This past weekend he writes: I just won Ortiz MVP Boost copy award. I just own Rookie Award in Topps.

I responded Wrong # but then he writes What is your name?

Then last night this fucker tried to FaceTime with me. Kind of want to tell him to fuck off but also don't want to get chopped into tiny pieces.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Instantly thought of this

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 3 Daniel10
    Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:13 pm

I'll come clean; I called this number looking for a slag.

what a smoothie! he's a keeper.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:12 pm

One to tell the kids!
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:03 am

Had to unfollow Mashable on Twitter tonight. They're the fucking worst.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:50 pm

People who feel the need to start every sentence with "So...", use the work "literally" wrong, and use air quotes around shit that does not need to be quoted.

I work with all of these versions of annoying.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:27 pm

C-poots wrote:use the work "literally" wrong

Along similar lines, if my sister uses 'pretentious' to mean 'vaguely artsy thing I disapprove of' one more time I'm putting her up for adoption.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Thu May 01, 2014 2:17 pm

My new boss does the post-millennial end every sentence with "right?" thing, except she's a middle-aged redneck so it sounds even more ridiculous. She also says "okay" like "uhl-kaaay," slightly less cornball than Mr. Mackey from South Park.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:17 pm

I've been working tirelessly trying to get all my finals done for the past 72 hours. I spent the day reading and writing in my friend's dorm so that I could avoid distractions in my own place. I didn't finish until 4am and it was pouring rain so I slept on his couch for the night. He has four random roommates and when I woke up this ugly fuck looked at me and told me that "if I was going to move in I needed to start paying rent, just saying." I chuckled but this motherfucker was actually being serious. He is like 5'5", uglier than sin, and spends his whole life playing Minecraft. I'm not an angry person but I am stressed out and it upset me so much.

Then one of his other roommates came home and bitched out me and my friend because we were partying all night. He said if we did it again tonight he would curse us out and start making loud noises. I was there for 12 hours yesterday and spent the entire time sitting at a table reading Badiou and listening to Mingus and only ever moved to take smoke breaks. We hardly made any sound and I was as courteous as I could possibly be given that everyone is working on finals and I figure we collectively empathize with how stressful that can be.

But fuck em dude. They crossed the line. Their passive aggressive bullshit just won't stand, man! I wanna fight these dudes. I would neutralize them.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:19 pm

I know this is overreaction and it doesn't matter and I sound like a toddler. But this has triggered the dormant reactionary impulse in me and I just want to start laying down the rule of law on these fuckers skulls.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:00 am

A guy just like you was increasingly overstaying his welcome in a house I shared with three other people. One day I gave him a ride back to his dorm and politely but firmly told him he didn't live with us.

Even if those guys are being unreasonable dicks, you should probably leave. You don't live there. It's between your friend and his roommates if he doesn't like how they're treating you.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:28 pm

I was not gonna walk back to my place at 4am in the pouring rain so that I can appease these fucking Cards Against Humanity-playing turds.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:29 am

OMG this mother fucker is carrying a Lands End tote bag. Dude can't be over 26 and this is how he rolls on his commute? Nah bro, you earning that disdain.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Just witnessed a guy back his blue Ford Focus into a parking spot he could have pulled through.
    yancy
    yancy

Post by yancy Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Barbaric.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:42 pm

i consider people who back into parking spaces to be sociopaths
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Especially galling when they then have to load their groceries or whatever into the trunk or hatchback.
    And guess how considerate they are with the shopping carts.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:53 pm

softball players

this cuts across all ages and genders but it certainly attracts the most annoying female student athletes

on the fence about deleting this post but I think I'll try leaving it up for a while
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Meh, this is going to sound really stupid but whatever.

Yesterday I went to a performance of Beckett's Happy Days that the DePaul Humanities Center sponsored. It was done by three people from Chicago's Y Theater and it was a pretty tiny room of maybe thirty audience members. One actress (who played Winnie) and two dudes standing at a table experimenting with electro-acoustical phenomena, which basically involved a lot of fuzz and random snippets of jazz standards.

I went with two people, who sat on either side of me, and they both fell asleep during the performance. Sort of understandable but also pretty fucking annoying. Especially since afterwords they both criticized the performance with obnoxious bullshit platitudes.

I'm always very offended by this kind of thing even though I probably shouldn't be.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 pm