ITT you bring me up to speed on all LoPP related news from the past 5 years

chrondog
    President Pence's First Lady

Pizzas : 264

Re: ITT you bring me up to speed on all LoPP related news from the past 5 years

Post by chrondog on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:48 am

raj gibson wrote:
    phixed wrote:What happened to some of the regulars like Yancy/Damo/Deej/Raj etc?

Hey man! howyadoin

I'm making lots of kombucha and hoping to go to Taliesin and take acid this spring; just trying to be the best Avec I can be

what kind of tea(s) you using as a base, raj?
    C-poots
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 172

Post by C-poots on Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:46 am

I want to do Acid again, that was such a great experience
    raj gibson
    Knock-Off Jihadist

Pizzas : 174

Post by raj gibson on Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:52 am

chrondog wrote:what kind of tea(s) you using as a base, raj?

Tieguanyin mostly, but I've tried a little of everything down to cheap English breakfast teabags. I haven't done enough brews to settle on one approach just yet.
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:00 pm

this board is almost ready for an Elite Fermentation Projects thread

my kimchee ain't bad
    C-poots
    Fascist Groove Shark

Post by C-poots on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:14 pm

chrondog wrote:this board is almost ready for an Elite Fermentation Projects thread

my kimchee ain't bad

Do you enjoy the "It's Alive" series with Brad Leone, Chrono? I'm going to guess you're familiar but if not, its a pretty comical and informitive series on how to make and/or cook with fermented goods: kimchi, kombucha, garlic honey, tepache, etc.
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:19 pm

after a quick glance at his YouTube his face seems familiar, but I'm not aware of his name. seems like a good channel/guy.

the book i have right now is called Basic Fermentation by Sandor Ellix Katz. the presentation of all the projects is extremely simple, which i like.
    coyote
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 50

Post by coyote on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:49 am

raj gibson wrote:
    phixed wrote:What happened to some of the regulars like Yancy/Damo/Deej/Raj etc?

Hey man! howyadoin

I'm making lots of kombucha and hoping to go to Taliesin and take acid this spring; just trying to be the best Avec I can be

Hey bros,

It's funny how I became a meme for drug use, never really did a lot beyond weed, although I was v stoned during the heyday of somb. Took a long weed break when I met my wife and had my kid. A friend gave me a nug recently and my wife smoked for the first time a couple months ago. She really liked it, it helped w her pain.

Anyway, I'm doing well, my daughter is 4yo and awesome, I'm healthy, making music, and we are visiting North Carolina this summer and considering moving there in a couple years.
    BGwaves
    Right Wing Savage

Pizzas : 55
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:48 am

I think what people mean is you were the good cliche of a drug user. I, on the other hand, probably took the crown for bad cliche drug user. Although my view of my boarding career probably doesn’t line up with others visions.
    reuben
    President Obama

Pizzas : 664

Post by reuben on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:54 am

I mean, you did name yourself “Avec Laudanum”
    coyote

Post by coyote on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:19 am

Makes sense BG
    coyote

Post by coyote on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:20 am

reuben wrote:I mean, you did name yourself “Avec Laudanum”

I'm a big stars of the lid fan lmao

Last edited by coyote on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    coyote

Post by coyote on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:34 am

Anyway I understand the cliche it just is amusing to me after all the space I've gotten from that time period.

Glad everyone is doing well!
    raj gibson
    Knock-Off Jihadist

Post by raj gibson on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:31 pm

To be honest I was more thinking of kombucha and Frank Lloyd Wright as things that Avec (or my abstracted / board-myth image of Avec) would like as opposed to drugs in particular. But yeah, my post was kinda lazy/inarticulate, and over the years I've definitely been guilty of leaning on the easy humor of the "stoner mailman" trope.
    raj gibson
    Knock-Off Jihadist

Post by raj gibson on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:32 pm

Anyway, worth it to score an Avec life update. Glad to hear you're doing well dude.
    coyote

Post by coyote on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Things Avec likes nowadays:
    Bass guitar (randomly bought a bass and love learning it)
    Meditating
    "The Five Tibetans"
    North Carolina
    Being a father
    Making ambient music by myself
    Making noisy garage rock w friends
    Protein shakes
    My fireplace
    murder weapon control activism
    Being a union steward

quip
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 62

Post by quip on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:53 pm

reuben wrote:
    Hey Phixed! Great news: Everyone got Radiohead tickets after all!

This is the type of feel-good boarding I came back for.
    quip
    Solid Bro

Post by quip on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:54 pm

raj gibson wrote:

Hey man! howyadoin

More feel good boarding right here.
    quip
    Solid Bro

Post by quip on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:59 pm

Yeah, this thread is the best. Here's a picture of me from last week. I was going to post it in crushing it but it feels appropriate to keep the vibe alive here.

C-poots
    Fascist Groove Shark

Post by C-poots on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:13 pm

which one is you?
    zappo
    bitter about people liking Modest Mouse

Pizzas : 593

Post by zappo on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:16 pm

I dig the facial hair!
    Nick

Pizzas : 668

Post by Nick on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:48 pm

coyote wrote:Things Avec likes nowadays:

North Carolina

I’m going to Asheville for the first time later this month.
    jesus jones
    Vanity-published Eco-horror Fiction Writer

Pizzas : 85

Post by jesus jones on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:52 am

Nick wrote:
    coyote wrote:Things Avec likes nowadays:

North Carolina

I’m going to Asheville for the first time later this month.
    i miss asheville all the time

where y'all thinking of moving, avec? i was born in wilmington, grew up in durham, lived in chapel hill/carrboro for years, lived in asheville for years
    jesus jones
    Vanity-published Eco-horror Fiction Writer

Pizzas : 85

Post by jesus jones on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:55 am

quip wrote:
    zappo wrote:Jesus Jones failed to mention that he's a pretty major elite-ass recording artist, now.  Dude is hot fire.

imlikewhoa

Tell me more!
    aw shux

i have a project called gardener that's synth/vocal loop psych stuff. the bassist from Gnod just put out my last record, i have a duo with jeff ziegler, wrapping up a record with james jackson toth and tashi dorji, contributing a lot to other folks' records. trying to make as much music as i can before the world gets snuffed out
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:02 am

The loop in your latest IG post was killer, Dash. Is that a gardener project?

Also, for someone that doesn't know how to play the keyboards but would be very interested in learning and starting to create some analog, loopy music, do you have a recommended piece of equipment? Or should I just go around to every vintage music store I can find and check out old synths?
    chrondog

Post by chrondog on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:06 am

Haha, oh fuck, you're opening a show here in April? https://www.mississippistudios.com/event/1637144-blackwater-holylight-portland/

I've been meaning to dive into your music for awhile now, and "splaashy entrance" off your latest project makes me think $31.20 to cop your bandcamp discography is a steal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 pm