reuben
undo
27 posters

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 14 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by Bruegel Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Duff... wrote:To our UK bros, you already fully understand this, just feel like it needs to be posted, but the behaviour of our terrible president is disgusting and we stand with you.
    Don't worry, bro. will.i.am gave our fine mayor a solid shout out when he was mending hearts with his BEPs up in Manchester this evening.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 14 Empty Re: itt we act disgusted at right wing savages

Post by WP64 Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:38 pm

I watched clips of that Ariana Grande concert and was an emotional wreck afterwords. I just assumed that her fun pop music would have felt tonally dissonant with the gravity of the situation, but instead it was just incredibly moving and powerful.

All of this sucks a lot. Glad to hear you are okay Bruegel.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:32 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal

so this is a thing
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:11 am

People are idiots.

Bruegel wrote:
    Duff... wrote:To our UK bros, you already fully understand this, just feel like it needs to be posted, but the behaviour of our terrible president is disgusting and we stand with you.
    Don't worry, bro. will.i.am gave our fine mayor a solid shout out when he was mending hearts with his BEPs up in Manchester this evening.

LoPP and BEP will always have your back.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:11 pm

undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:31 am

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/cops-erupt-in-cheers-as-trump-urges-officers-to-use-more-violence-with-suspects-by-slamming-their-heads/amp/

Just incinerate their dicks already, every last one I swear
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:03 pm

undo wrote:Just incinerate their dicks already

Is this a thing you know how to do through your job? Shocked Gotta remember not to fuck with your profession.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:07 am

testicular scintigraphy has been pretty much phased out in favor of ultrasound to rule out torsion so probably not
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Was sitting in the office and a NATO buddy from Portugal was, "Trump just said transgender people can't serve in the armed forces." I was all like, no fucking way, they're already serving in the armed forces! He couldn't just tweet out some bullshit and have it be law.

So... still wondering wtf is going to happen with that. On the plus side, between that and the scaramucci or whatever the fuck his name is mess, nobody's probably paying much attention to all that fucked up Russia shit going down.

Smoke and mirrors. All a big fucking sham. The worst of the right wing savages aligned with the worst of the self-serving hucksters, and every human being with any semblance of rational thought being driven past cynicism into full on depression.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:57 am

itt we act disgusted at right wing savages  - Page 14 20525529_712631705612328_7697102618981429893_n
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:31 am

That NRA ad is actually pretty scary! Damn, guys!
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:50 pm

http://gizmodo.com/exclusive-heres-the-full-10-page-anti-diversity-screed-1797564320

i love the notion advanced by right wingers that having a VP of Diversity and programs that promote cultural understanding are terrible for business and affirmative action will result in the hiring of bad employees, yet these programs are continually valued by the most successful multi-national corporations on the planet.

given how entrenched neo-liberalism is in most places in our elite society, it makes it that much more shocking to me that those establishment forces couldn't prevent the rise of Donald Trump, whose personal profiteering is a massive threat to neo-liberal economic order.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:36 pm

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/9/16118018/youtube-ceo-women-tech-google-diversity-susan-wojcicki

from the comments here:

You’re wilfully misinterpreting me there.

There is a difference between a statistical generalisation (women, taken as a group, tend to have different priorities and abilities from men) and a stereotype – where you apply a generalisation about a group to an individual. I believe in statistics, I do not believe in stereotyping people based on those statistics.

Secondly, I 100% believe that women who want to be software engineers should be free to do so. That is completely uncontroversial and very few people would argue otherwise.

I just believe that, by and large, more men than women will want to be software engineers. For example, 80% of Computer Science graduates are men. So it’s not surprising that 80% of Google employees are also men. There are other fields, like the health sciences, where the exact opposite is true.

You could, of course, say that it’s because women are discouraged from studying CS in the first place because of rigid, socially constructed gender roles, but I find this argument unconvincing because a) it second-guesses women’s choices in an unfalsifiable and kinda condescending way and b) if most women don’t want to be programmers, why is that a problem?

I don’t for a second believe that discrimination in tech is not a problem – look at Uber, for example – I merely think that men and women, on average, are different, and even in a perfectly fair society, we shouldn’t expect them to make the same choices as men.

I understand that not everyone agrees with that position, but I think it’s very unfair of you to ascribe malicious and sexist views to me just because I disagree about how to interpret certain statistics.

this is the height of pseudo-intellectual garbage and shows why these debates about identity don't neatly fit on the left-right spectrum

this person clearly has some grasp of the nuances of the situation, but then arbitrarily decides to throw out structural factors as a cause of this disparity because they decide it doesn't sound nice to them. then they justify that by saying that looking at structural determinism would "second-guesses women's choices" to cover their ass from the left.

you can be as "progressive" or "educated" as you like and still not acknowledge the way the past shapes the present and future.

gosh, it's almost like women have been legally discriminated against since the founding of this country and that has consequences that are still with us today.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:46 am

I'm not saying it should happen, but it's hard not to imagine someone spraying gasoline on those creeps with their tiki torches.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:51 pm

reuben wrote:I'm not saying it should happen, but it's hard not to imagine someone spraying gasoline on those creeps with their tiki torches.

The worst people this morning are the "I don't agree with them but would fight for their right to express their views."

Fuck this entire despicable country.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:47 pm

I hate this stupid country.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Nick wrote:The worst people this morning are the "I don't agree with them but would fight for their right to express their views."

Honestly, how many of these cabbage heads would even lift a finger to defend strangers they agree with?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 pm

On many sides.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

How do we ever get out of this?
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:32 am

Hate being right.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:32 pm

reflecting on this weekend, the images were clearly extremely visceral for many people. citizens brawling in the streets over racial ideology seems to have been a tipping point for many people. to me, it's nothing that hasn't been there all along. yes, the spotlight on it now in hopes of disinfecting it is welcome. it got a guy fired from my favorite Berkeley sausage spot: http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/08/13/berkeleys-top-dog-fires-employee-went-white-nationalist-rally/

still, that our law enforcement and military have white supremacy embedded in them to the core is far more disturbing than white nationalists feeling emboldened to assemble in our streets. the antifa and non-violent protestors of the world can overwhelm white nationalists in our streets; they can't stop police officers from killing citizens (especially brown people) and people overseas.

let's get woke to frat boys from UVA being racist shitheads, but not forget that the racism of our institutions is that much more violent.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:58 pm

I wore my white Uniqlo polo shirt out to dinner the other night and someone told me I looked like a member of the alt-right.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Was always one of my favorite commercials but it's all too real now
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:10 pm

i just saw a recent picture of Sean Hannity and wanted to note what a fat slob he looks like these days

thanks!
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:45 pm

It really bothers me that Herbert McMaster can't pronounce "America." Shit enrages me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm