Duff...
15 posters

Hatin-ass SOMBies at the coffee shop.

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 992
    DispositionRock Guitars

Hatin-ass SOMBies at the coffee shop. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hatin-ass SOMBies at the coffee shop.

Post by Ned Braden Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:37 pm

This is from a Jeremih song.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Hatin-ass SOMBies at the coffee shop. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hatin-ass SOMBies at the coffee shop.

Post by Duff... Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Oh yeah.

I guess now is as good a time as any to mention I used it in this too.

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

Post by undo Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:45 pm

That's pretty much exactly what I imagined their voices would sound like.

Thank you for posting that, I saw it somewhere (?) a month ago and wanted to watch it but never got around to it.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:44 pm

That's funny, someone else told me it wasn't what they imagined they'd sound like at all. But I'm pretty psyched about it, so thanks for watching.

It's up on all my social media things and my Comic Genesis (lol) site; If it's anywhere else, I don't know about it.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:13 pm

I saw it posted on your Twitter but then I couldn't find it again and after some time I realized you had more than one (I think)
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:21 pm

Yeah, figured people tuning in to see my mediocre drawing aren't interested in me whining about politics and indie rock.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:42 pm

My coffee machine overflowed after the carafe wasn't put in place quite right. Put it in the basement to dry out. The next day somehow lint kept getting into the coffee. So I got a french press to tide me over while trying to deal with the ghouls at Mr. Coffee, but even if they were helpful at all (and they weren't) I probably wouldn't go back to a drip machine. This french press has changed my life.
    John Boy Walton
    John Boy Walton
    Right Wing Savage

Pizzas : 2
    DispositionFUGLY

Post by John Boy Walton Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:35 pm

Coolrock was the most elite SOMBie.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:08 pm

Far out.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:05 pm

For the second time in two months, I accidentally bought a white chocolate macadamia Clif Bar because I'm used to grabbing three of the peanut butter flavored ones out of the little box at the store at once and apparently I don't even look at them and there's some maniac on the loose in Dupage county putting white chocolate macadamia bars into the peanut butter Clif Bar bins and I've mindlessly fallen into their trap twice now.

Just washed it down with super-disappointing break room coffee mixed with powdered creamer. I have never voluntarily purged myself but I just feel so disgusting and tainted that I feel I can finally understand the compulsion.
    John Boy Walton
    John Boy Walton
    Right Wing Savage

DispositionFUGLY

Post by John Boy Walton Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:35 pm

It's better than a razor in an apple I guess?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:38 am

What a horrible thought
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 992
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:43 am

A very Al Bundy at Stan Mikita’s Donuts thought, yeah. But not hilarious.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:40 am

I get up around 5:15AM and sit alone in the dark with just the Christmas tree turned on. Sometimes I think about random shit, sometimes I cry and other times I laugh reflecting on a thing the kids did or said recently.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:50 am

I do that except I watch TV with headphones on, as I am right this moment. Usually up at 5:00 on days that I start at 7:00.

It's a whole other vibe from what you're describing but it is the the one time of day that I feel most at peace, unhurried and content.

Would love to stretch it out with a nice 15 minutes of just sitting completely in the dark before I take my shower but by the time 7:00 comes around (on days I start at 8:00, like today), I really need to get moving and get ready to leave.

Didn't you used to run 5 miles every morning? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:53 pm

I'm still not much of a morning person, which is really unfortunate because I have noticed a massive increase in my overall productivity when I am able to wake up around 6am. It isn't just that I am more productive but I actually feel more connected with the world around me in an almost sublime way.

My morning routine is reading the daily print version of the Financial Times from cover to cover while drinking my coffee, which usually takes about an hour. I like having little rituals and routines. If I could wake up early enough to both read the newspaper and also go on a longish run each morning before work, I would be the happiest person ever.
    John Boy Walton
    John Boy Walton
    Right Wing Savage

DispositionFUGLY

Post by John Boy Walton Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:34 pm

holy shit you couldn't pay me to be up at 5:15. damn i live a good life.

i wake up about 8:30 and I'm at work at about 8:50. off the clock about 4:20. making killer cash with choice benefits.

then i head off and jam music all night for my second job.
    John Boy Walton
    John Boy Walton
    Right Wing Savage

DispositionFUGLY

Post by John Boy Walton Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:35 pm

undo wrote:What a horrible thought

god bless the usa
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:08 pm

Trying to sit outside and enjoy a cup of coffee but my neighbor’s stupid dog won’t stop barking. Finally, I yelled “Shut up you’re annoying” and then my neighbor let the dog inside.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:32 pm

My neighbors got a new dog and lock it outside in the yard daily while it barks and whines for 30-60 minutes. They're fucking trash.

I'm drinking medium roast made in a ceramic drip cone with Melitta brown #4 filters and a splash of Califia barista blend oat milk.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:45 pm

Duff... wrote:Oh yeah.

I guess now is as good a time as any to mention I used it in this too.

Might as well mention this is playing at Big Teeth Film Festival on Montrose on Wednesday.
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:08 am

Gave myself a covid scare today at my new office. Around 10 o'clock I started getting a headache that kept growing until I felt reality bend, and I was thinking I'd better get tested when I got home. Figured out the setting "vanilla steamer" on the office coffee machine contains no coffee and I was just having withdrawal.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Fascist Groove Shark

Pizzas : 161
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:14 am

Found out that I'm allergic to coffee. I drink tea now and feel better, but I sure do miss coffee.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Post by damo suzuki Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:35 pm

A friend put me on to Lofbergs recently and I have been enjoying their selections.

https://en.lofbergs.se/products/next-generation-coffee-lovers/
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:11 pm

Duff... wrote:Gave myself a covid scare today at my new office. Around 10 o'clock I started getting a headache that kept growing until I felt reality bend, and I was thinking I'd better get tested when I got home. Figured out the setting "vanilla steamer" on the office coffee machine contains no coffee and I was just having withdrawal.

Successfully had coffee today. At one moment I felt like I could leap tall buildings in a single bound, the next I was near tears listening to Lucy Dacus. It's a good thing I've never tried cocaine.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:43 am