Paves
Gene Bootcut
18 posters

British questions for American people.

Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

British questions for American people. - Page 3 Empty Re: British questions for American people.

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:49 pm

why are all of your imported Pizza chains (the Hut, the Johns, the Dominos) so much more expensive than literally any good takeaway pizza
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

British questions for American people. - Page 3 Empty Re: British questions for American people.

Post by undo Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:07 pm

We've been struggling with that dilemma for years now.

Do you also have Little Caesars?
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:23 pm

have not encountered the Littles in the wild, no
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:13 pm

US pizza chains are weird. They’ll have a page of “deals” and those are the only things on the entire menu priced in a way that would be considered normal. Everything else is priced for wealthy people like The McCallisters at the beginning of Home Alone who are too lazy to hunt for the deals and more than willing to shell out 122.50* plus tip for 10 pizzas.

(1990 prices)

Last edited by Ned Braden on Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:16 pm

Caesar’s is the bomb tho, and their creation of the 5 dollar hot and ready makes them the best thing in US pizza other than legit Chicago deep dish.
    tjenz
    tjenz
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 77

Post by tjenz Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:15 pm

Ned Braden wrote:US pizza chains are weird. They’ll have a page of “deals” and those are the only things on the entire menu priced in a way that would be considered normal. Everything else is priced for wealthy people like The McCallisters at the beginning of Home Alone who are too lazy to hunt for the deals and more than willing to shell out 122.50* plus tip for 10 pizzas.

(1990 prices)

Mr McCallister does not seem like the kind of guy who is a good tipper.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:35 am

I'm in Chicago for work at the end of October. 23-27th. Going to an aviation conference, wife coming with me. Exciting.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:57 pm

Hell yeah. Jealous. October is a great time to be in Chicago. My instinct is to tell you to get in touch with person x, y, and z, but almost all of my Chicago people and also my Chicago aviation people have long since departed.
    If you’re into hockey, Bruins are in town on the 24th, and the Blackhawks just picked up a generational talent rookie who will be a cool thing to see (if only so you can relay stories of seeing future hall of famer or future best talent ever to flame out and be nothing, Connor Bedard, in one of his first NHL games).
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 280
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:33 pm

What area are you staying? Depending on the area, I can give some good restaurant recs. I’m general, Fulton Market has a ton of amazing places. I’d recommend the Publican or Girl & The Goat, but honestly, the neighborhood is a foodie paradise, you’ll find most types of cuisine done amazingly.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

Post by Nick Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:48 am

I should be around that week. I know you have work commitments & traveling with your wife but definitely down to grab a drink and say hi to a longtime fellow boarder.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:46 pm

Little Neddy goes to war wrote:Hell yeah. Jealous. October is a great time to be in Chicago. My instinct is to tell you to get in touch with person x, y, and z, but almost all of my Chicago people and also my Chicago aviation people have long since departed.
    If you’re into hockey, Bruins are in town on the 24th, and the Blackhawks just picked up a generational talent rookie who will be a cool thing to see (if only so you can relay stories of seeing future hall of famer or future best talent ever to flame out and be nothing, Connor Bedard, in one of his first NHL games).

Did have my eye more on Bulls vs OKC Thunder to be honest but I'll take a look at that too.

BGwaves wrote:What area are you staying? Depending on the area, I can give some good restaurant recs. I’m general, Fulton Market has a ton of amazing places. I’d recommend the Publican or Girl & The Goat, but honestly, the neighborhood is a foodie paradise, you’ll find most types of cuisine done amazingly.

The conference is at McCormick Place so we are staying near Roosevelt

Nick wrote:I should be around that week. I know you have work commitments & traveling with your wife but definitely down to grab a drink and say hi to a longtime fellow boarder.

Yeah, definitely up for this. Be great to have a beer or two!
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:43 pm

Anyone else about next week.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 806
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:35 pm

Might be able to get away.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:31 pm

I'm having dinner with Slackmo tonight.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:34 pm

Awesome
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:33 pm

Nice city you have there.

British questions for American people. - Page 3 39830410

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:08 am