Vinyl for dummies.

Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Wandering Dragon

Pizzas : 116
    Dispositionpickled

Vinyl for dummies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Vinyl for dummies.

Post by Michael K. on Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:33 am

That track is cool. This is the opener off the album I bought - Lucio Dalla (1979) - and it's, imo, stunning.

The whole thing has a Sacred Songs meets Here Come the Warm Jets channeled through Alan Price's O, Lucky Man soundtrack vibe. Plus, I don't know, some sort or Randy Newmanish thing I can't really put my finger on. I was in a shit mood today and this record, combined with a cheeky bifta, set me proper. Thanks for causing me to buy it, WP.
    WP64
    WP64
    dying of laughter, here, but still genuinely sorry.

Pizzas : 41
    DispositionIntransigent

Vinyl for dummies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Vinyl for dummies.

Post by WP64 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:47 pm

I am glad you liked it! There is definitely a Randy Newman vibe to some of his work, but especially in that track. The big news in Italian music last week was that all of Lucio Battisti's early catalog is now available on streaming platforms (I am not sure if that is internationally or just in Italy). He is the Italian artist. His first album is excellent but pretty straightforward 60s pop music. In the early 70s though he put out some really progressive sounding rock albums that are definitely worth checking out. I've really enjoyed them, anyways.

Dalla is from Bologna and he is part of the reason why I chose to move here recently. Big fan of his taste in eyewear.

Current date/time is Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:46 pm