DBaggins
damo suzuki
20 posters

It is so motherfucking cold out today.

damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

It is so motherfucking cold out today.   Empty It is so motherfucking cold out today.

Post by damo suzuki Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:03 pm

Holy fucking shit.

Opened my front door for like 2 seconds. Closed it and immediately called work to tell them that I was not going to be there today.

This is fucking ludicrous.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki

It is so motherfucking cold out today.   Empty Re: It is so motherfucking cold out today.

Post by damo suzuki Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:04 pm

It is so motherfucking cold out today.   WYp8sR1
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki

It is so motherfucking cold out today.   Empty Re: It is so motherfucking cold out today.

Post by damo suzuki Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:05 pm

I am not about any of this weather. At all.
    DBaggins
    DBaggins
    Stock Boy at Marshall's

Pizzas : 28

Post by DBaggins Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:09 pm

lol it's 10 here and on the interstate they have warnings that the temperature is deadly.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Pizzas : 342

Post by yancy Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Last night I checked today's forecast on the Weather Underground app. After the usual frostbite & hypothermia warnings, it casually stated "death may also occur." Yeah, not going out today. Opening the door for UPS is the only taste I need.
    DBaggins
    DBaggins
    Stock Boy at Marshall's

Pizzas : 28

Post by DBaggins Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:25 pm

This is one of those times I'm glad I don't live in the midwest anymore.
    monotony
    monotony
    Vanity-published Eco-horror Fiction Writer

Pizzas : 65

Post by monotony Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Just looked up what -10F translates to in celsius. I can't even comprehend that sort of cold.

It's actually been a relatively mild winter here in Europe. The day of NYE, in Prague, it was -2C (~28F), and I'm pretty sure that's the coldest daytime temperature I've experienced since I've been here.

Last edited by monotony on Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:07 pm

2013 was the driest year on record for California since they started recording weather data, so it is unbelievably dry, yet 57 degrees Farenheit and mostly cloudy today. All the cold Alaskan currents are getting directed inland through the Pacific Northwest. somehow i'm still cold though.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:12 pm

12C in the upper south-west. That's 53.6 in your weird American terms. I heard we were due for our coldest winter in 60 years, but it's actually been milder than ever before.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Soma wrote:That's 53.6 in your weird American terms.

i just think Farenheit 451 is a better title than Centigrade 232.777
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:32 pm

I was walking to work and was like this isn't so bad. By two blocks I couldn't feel my fucking nose and my legs were numb. This is brutal shit.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:26 am

I had to move a bunch of shit back into my apartment today and almost died. I couldn't fucking breath in the air at all and now I have to sleep on a fucking leather couch next to the window. Fuck this shit.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:56 am

Also can't comprehend what the fuck I did with my six weeks of vacation. I am not even sure if I existed or not in that time. Haphazardly excited about getting back "into the swing of things" but mostly just want it to be spring time (even though I have awful spring allergies).
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:23 am

The coldest I've ever experience somewhere I've lived was the day it was -11C (12F) at 9am with severe wind-chill taking it to a feels like -18C (-1F) that is the only time I've really wanted to be wearing gloves in my life.

When I'm looking at a map of North American minimum temperatures and I can't tell if it's in C or F, that's some cold shit. (-40C = -40F).

I've seen some examples of the Mpemba Effect (boiling water freezing faster than cooler water) on the news and they are not dicking about, that kind of cold can freeze bare skin in 10 mins.

It's fairly mild for the time of year here, however today is day 21 of a series of wind and rain storms (Bernd, Dirk, Erich, Anne, Christina with Hercules on the way)
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:24 am

jasperness wrote:
    Soma wrote:That's 53.6 in your weird American terms.

i just think Farenheit 451 is a better title than Centigrade 232.777

but not 505 Kelvin.
    BGwaves
    BGwaves
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 281
    DispositionBLACK..... coffee in bed

Post by BGwaves Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:16 am

My place was closed yesterday so I spent most of the day smoking and playing Skyrim. Gotta work in a couple hours and am not looking forward to digging my car out...
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:20 am

Yeah, I have a class in two hours and that twenty minute walk is going to be hellish. I smoked a cigarette outside a while ago and the air is so fucking thin and weird that my cigarette tasted funky.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:42 pm

our offices are thankfully closed today (as well as yesterday), so i've only left the warm confines of my apartment to walk to bar trivia down the street. despite all other bodily areas being well covered and protected, a single layer of jeans are obviously not satisfactory for knee warmth. immediate regrets.

bar trivia was won, partially in thanks to knowing which solo artist is second to last alphabetically in the RnR HOF (Frank Zappa is last), what year CNN was founded & Mt St Helens erupted, what kids show was hosted by Steve Burns and Donovan Patton, and how to spell onomatopoeia
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Had to wear coat with hood, ski mask, ski goggles, scarf, two pairs of gloves, sweater, long underwear, two pairs of socks, and oversoles. Thankful this only happens once every couple decades.

Looking forward to vacation next week.
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Post by yancy Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Pete Best wrote:505 Kelvin
    Hands down best unused industrial band name.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:38 pm

i'm super pumped about the high of 36 on friday
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki

Post by damo suzuki Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:38 pm

So, I was on a 3 week vacation. I went back to work on the 3rd of January.

Worked that Friday and then half the day on Saturday. Sunday was off, called off yesterday and called off today as well. I told the VP of the company as long as a minus sign is in front of the temperature reading I was not going in to work at all. Email me if there is an issue.

Tomorrow and Thursday are my normal days off work. Technically I have only worked 1.5 days in 4 weeks and won't be back to work till next Friday.

I am on salary.

Not even about stressing this Chicago winter life.
    spiritofeden
    spiritofeden
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 31

Post by spiritofeden Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:32 pm

come on guys, its not that bad!

grapes 
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:14 pm

i haven't left my apartment in two days

just been drinking beer/whiskey, smoking pot, and watching netflix

not scheduled until it gets warm this weekend  mang 
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:56 am

The room where my computer is has some kind insulation breach or something, which is why you have not seen me this week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:42 am