Pete Best
Ned Braden
C-poots
WP64
Nick
chrondog
undo
12 posters

can we not talk about the winter olympics this year?

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

can we not talk about the winter olympics this year? Empty can we not talk about the winter olympics this year?

Post by undo Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:46 pm

can we agree that this is a bunch of bullshit and nothing short of Mitchell being recruited as the gay-PR crisis mgmt czar is goin to make us care about this?
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

can we not talk about the winter olympics this year? Empty Re: can we not talk about the winter olympics this year?

Post by chrondog Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:00 pm

i'm committed to only watching biathlon and only while drunk this Olympic season

cross country skiing and shooting is an unfuckwithable combination
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 977

can we not talk about the winter olympics this year? Empty Re: can we not talk about the winter olympics this year?

Post by Nick Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:44 pm

So boring.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Dudes shooting off guns with skis attached to their feet is boring to you?
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:18 pm

Honestly, I quite enjoy the game where they clean the ice so that the rock can slide.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 988
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Hockey is always tons of fun to watch, but then again I am a guy who enjoys watching hockey.

Aside from that, I guess it'll be pretty cool to see athletes from non Russian countries making out with each other to protest.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:48 am

what a dumb thread, everyone can watch and talk about the games if they feel like it.

the Internet just makes it less fun than it used to be and it's annoying to see the same crap on it every 4 years, someone should make a bingo card with this shit on it

-what's the deal with curling?
    -clickbait websites with "hot girls of the Olympics" slideshow
    -sites with "ugly girls of the Olympics" slideshows
    -black athletes at the winter olympics? lol!
    -our athletes worked so hard to get here, you can talk about human rights when the games are over, don't ruin this for them
    -"the Olympic village is a giant orgy"
    -"check out at this picture of Putin looking like a badass, why can't we have a president like this"
    -etc
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:20 am

Thinking about the Olympic village orgy never gets old for me.

But yeah, true.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:21 am

wp64 wrote:Dudes shooting off guns with skis attached to their feet is boring to you?

You make this sound like a lame James Bond movie, but I bet in real life it will be much lamer.
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:37 am

I really honestly do like curling though.
    Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:08 am

It's really not that big a thing here, the medals of 30 years of Winter Olympics for GB are;

2010 One gold in Skeleton
    2006 One silver in Skeleton
    2002 Gold in Curling, bronze in Skeleton
    1998 Bronze in Bobsleigh
    1994 Bronze figure skating, bronze in speed skating (short track)
    1992 Nothing
    1988 Nothing, Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards makes a "brave but laughable" attempt to ski-jump
    1984 Gold in figure skating

A lot more money, like the Summer Olympics has gone into the sporting budgets. Winning 6 medals is likely to be the target and would be a massive success.

Ice Hockey, we don't even enter.

I know a couple of people who worked out in Moscow post Sept-2012 and moved to Sochi a few months ago. One has quit a few weeks before the Games begin as they used to dread every time they arrived there. Most of their project work had been done and he was going to be on stand by throughout the actual games. Knowing how proud Russian's can be he said he was likely going to be twiddling his thumbs throughout.

I also enjoy Curling.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:14 am

Caught a short snippet of a Russian woman complaining about how other nations view them during the olympics on the radio this morning. I didn't even realise the Winter Olympics were a thing before that.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:50 am

Ned Braden wrote:Hockey is always tons of fun to watch, but then again I am a guy who enjoys watching hockey.

Aside from that, I guess it'll be pretty cool to see athletes from non Russian countries making out with each other to protest.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Man fuck skiing.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:05 pm

I'd watch ski jumping if there were like a 70% chance a crash related death would happen each jump.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Oh sure ice skating is great. A bunch of ugly chicks in too much make up & a bunch of pansy ass dudes in tights dancing to opera.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:00 pm

ski jumping is the sport i most regret not learning as a child. looks fun

i'll probably watch hockey, cross country skiing/biathlon, bobsled, luge, and of course curling. not really invested in any of them except hockey. the usa v canada hockey games 4 years ago were amazing
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:32 pm

reuben wrote:
    Ned Braden wrote:Hockey is always tons of fun to watch, but then again I am a guy who enjoys watching hockey.

Reuben lets just talk about the important stuff in the hockey thread.
    As much as I want to pretend to not care about the Olympics, this is shaping up to be a big year on the ice.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:03 am

Hey guys lets talk about hockey when the hockey season actually starts. Which is the fucking playoff am I right?!?!

can we not talk about the winter olympics this year? 1233143919   hawks   can we not talk about the winter olympics this year? 2206898677   grapes   god bless the usa 

Idontgiveahootaboutw 
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:09 am

howcommunityworks 
    yancy
    yancy
    equal parts Skrillex, T. Rex, Ed Kowalczyk, Joe Dumars, Outkast, and Kate Bush

Post by yancy Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:42 am

After watching two jaw-dropping comebacks in a women's curling match on NBCSN tonight, I'm pretty fired up to see some stones thrown for gold. Short track speed skating is usually a blast. I'll probably get roped into watching several events because I'm lazy, and goddamn Bob Costas somehow spinning a compelling narrative from nothing.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:54 pm

now that he's been eliminated from the NFL playoffs, 49ers star tight end Vernon Davis can enjoy being an ambassador for USA Curling in Sochi 2014

can we not talk about the winter olympics this year? Vdavcurl
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:56 pm

"Drive Slow" is probably the best backing instrumental for a Vernon Davis curling related video possible

Bruegel
    Bruegel
    basically just a wordier, shittier sausage blurb

Pizzas : 453

Post by Bruegel Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:28 am

Pete Best
    Pete Best
    Solid Bro

Pizzas : 116
    DispositionSweet

Post by Pete Best Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:39 am

Bit more impressive than Channel Four's "The Jump".

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm