4 posters

DVD Bullshit

zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

DVD Bullshit Empty DVD Bullshit

Post by zappo Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 pm

I hate to be one of them dudes, but I am tired of what irl conversations have led me to believe is a common problem--I don't know how the fuck to rip a DVD and convert it into a convenient video file with my pc. Anybody care to lend a hand? I feel like this isn't supposed to be so laughably difficult, but here I am. I tried some program called Handbrake that is/was highly touted, but it doesn't even pretend to work. Motherfucker doesn't even scan the discs. I watch a lot of movies in languages other than English, too, and keeping subtitles (without making an 8gb folder full of VOB files which are anything but convenient) only further complicates matters.

I'm missing something obvious, so please don't hesitate to talk down to me. Thanks, y'all. It really is greatly appreciated.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

DVD Bullshit Empty Re: DVD Bullshit

Post by zappo Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:25 pm

DVD Bullshit CO_Windows_95_for_Dummies
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

Post by Paves Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:15 pm

I recall doing this for Facets Multimedia but I do not remember the name of the program that I used.

Zappo, I have one "invite" to a private film torrent tracker. You can PM me your e-mail and the invite is yours.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1133

Post by undo Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:16 pm

I use a time consuming combination of DVD Fab, something called dgindex and Virtualdub/Avisynth. I also tried Handbrake like everyone told me to but even though I followed the instructions I could never get it to do anything at all. It was probably some kind of trojan horse program anyway.

I'm sure that there's a better way to do this in 2014 but I don't know what it is or if it's free or not.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:25 pm

If anyone else has one invite to a private film torrent tracker that would be cool too.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:12 am

undo wrote:I use a time consuming combination of DVD Fab, something called dgindex and Virtualdub/Avisynth. I also tried Handbrake like everyone told me to but even though I followed the instructions I could never get it to do anything at all. It was probably some kind of trojan horse program anyway.

I'm sure that there's a better way to do this in 2014 but I don't know what it is or if it's free or not.

Damn. I don't understand how this can still be difficult in 2014, yo. I appreciate your advice and the knowledge that others share my pain.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am