Duff...
25 posters

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 992
    DispositionRock Guitars

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 7 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by Ned Braden Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:29 am

I was at Starbucks waiting for my americano, and an obese lady went and dumped a quarter of her cup of coffee into the dry waste basket. Some poor schmuck is gonna take out that trash bag and it's gonna be leaking all over the place. Like... if you just ask them to leave room for cream, they will.
    Yer makin me MAAD
    Paves
    Paves
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 181

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 7 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by Paves Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:44 pm

I highly doubt that she had a good reason to not just drink all the coffee in that cup, seeing that coffee rules complete ass and all.

This woman will get hers in due time.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:37 pm

I do that all of the time and never really thought about the consequences. I'll correct this from now on. Sorry all.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm the idiot who sits there drinking the coffee to make room for cream. I paid for that coffee, dammit.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:13 pm

I don't drink coffee.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 992
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Duff... wrote:I'm the idiot who sits there drinking the coffee to make room for cream. I paid for that coffee, dammit.
    OTM. The only sensible strategy.
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

Post by undo Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:22 pm

It's like they have a list of loud landscaping/construction projects to do every Saturday morning across the street. This week, it's cutting down a fully-grown oak tree and feeding the whole thing through a giant wood chipper.

Past projects have included tearing up the sidewalk with a jackhammer, running a carpet cleaning machine from a big generator/vacuum in the back of a van parked outside, leaf blowing and shingle replacement. We haven't even gotten to snow removal season yet. Last weekend would have been quiet but suddenly there were men on the roof just outside our window right by our bed cleaning the gutters (or something, I guess we're not entitled for any notice about this shit) and having a ongoing discussion with people on the ground about football.
    Ted Falconi
    Ted Falconi
    Shiek

Pizzas : 394

Post by Ted Falconi Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Is anyone else finding people becoming slower and slower to drive through intersections after the light turns green?  I feel lucky these days when I make it through a turn when I'm three back from the line. And I constantly see lights ahead of me completely cycle through before I even move a 3 or 4 car lengths.  I realize that there are circumstances where people who don't know how to drive manage to get stuck in the middle of intersections and block cross traffic, bu it shouldn't take a full 15 seconds to turn a corner or drive 50 feet, or am I being hard on people? And I have enough motherfuckers tailgating me when I'm only driving 10 mph over that I know it's not that people just want to keep a safe distance between them and the car ahead.

I blame cell phones.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:20 am

I usually drive really calm and relaxed. But sometimes for no reason at all I just get too into it and I find myself changing lanes and speeding around people like a jackass. The problem with speeding is that once you start doing it you aren't going to stop. You don't just hit 80+ mph on the expressway and then casually decide to bring it down to a reasonable speed. Fuck no, there is always at least one other car in your way that you have to get around before you can do that.

Does anyone else ever catch themselves doing this kind of thing or know what I am talking about?
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:51 pm

Admittedly something I do when I'm walking but not so much while pushing a two ton potentially lethal weapon.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:28 pm

I swear every other commercial on TV right now has some guy proposing to his girlfriend.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:32 pm

I don't get why people telling you about some YouTube video they found hilarious insist on making you watch it from their phone that instant. Why not just text the link or tell you what to search for? They stand their studying your entire reaction and the video inevitably isn't that funny. But thanks for making an awkward moment .
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:16 pm

Haha! That's awful but it could be worse. Before everyone had Internet access in their pockets wouldn't they just awkwardly try to act out the joke themselves.

"So, then he was like, '____'" I can still feel tremors of pain in the depths of my soul from when middle school friends would do shit like that to me and I would have to sit there and try to muster up authentic laughter at their shitty rendition of an already shitty joke from The Office.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:18 pm

Coworker has a ring of keys she's wearing around her wrist. They jingle whenever she moves and clack loudly against the keyboard whenever she goes to type something. She won't stop telling me stories about how hard it's been for her to find an apartment. I never asked about it but I've probably heard hours of stories by now.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:14 am

Why not try to explain to your coworker what pockets, purses, briefcases, and backpacks are for?
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Is Fender over on SOMB a real guy? What is his deal? I should probably just allow him allow him to shit post into the Internet ether forever, but I literally can't get myself to let this go. I don't know why I feel so engaged in this argument with him but 4 some reason it is driving me absolutely crazy at this point.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:57 pm

maybe the separation between church and state isn't so real after all.  eh
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:17 am

Ҩ wrote:Is Fender over on SOMB a real guy? What is his deal? I should probably just allow him allow him to shit post into the Internet ether forever, but I literally can't get myself to let this go. I don't know why I feel so engaged in this argument with him but 4 some reason it is driving me absolutely crazy at this point.

Feel ya.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:52 am

Is Fender the only person posting on somb these days?
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:22 am

I thought that SOMB had been erased from the internet.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:41 am

Fender wrote:Does the name Bob Dylan bring to mind hard rock.....well......check out Neighborhood Bully.
    hahaha ... holy shit
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:43 am

This is the wrong thread to bitch about online interactions though. disgustedatrightwing
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:15 am

I didn't know where else to post about it. Sorry, Reuben.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:35 am

zappo wrote:I thought that SOMB had been erased from the internet.
    Gene Bootcut
    Gene Bootcut
    A fanatic of the sketch genre

Pizzas : 441

Post by Gene Bootcut Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:42 pm

I thought that I might have cooled off on Fender as I got older and completely lost whatever grudge I once held against organised religion, but there's still something about his tone that I find uniquely infuriating. If he had the same degree of self-awareness then he could be a much better troll than Montana ever was. Perhaps he unwittingly is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 am