Ned Braden
Duff...
25 posters

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 8 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by undo Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:23 am

Tuesdays they cut the grass and run the leaf blower across the street, it never takes less than 3 hours 4 them to finish and it's continuous. They started at 6:30 this morning.

On Wednesdays, the association will have the same thing done on our side of the street, so we get to do it all again.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

People who've earned my disdain today -- irl - Page 8 Empty Re: People who've earned my disdain today -- irl

Post by Nick Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:48 pm

New guy at work is a big time urinal talker. Not a fan of UTs in general. I find it way too bold for some slightly above entry level new hire to try & chat me up about my weekend while I'm taking a piss.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Guy sounds like a fucking monster.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:37 pm

Contact HR.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:07 am

Jesus, Nick. Does he turn his head when he does it or does he at least have the decency to stare at the wall?
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:05 am

He doesn't do a full head turn. More like an angle with an upward tilt.
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    ClosetOfExhaustion
    Have You Heard?

Pizzas : 275
    Dispositiondisposed

Post by ClosetOfExhaustion Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:00 am

i rather work with a hands-free urinal user than a UT
    C-poots
    C-poots
    Shiek

Pizzas : 201

Post by C-poots Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:48 am

We have a guy in our office who rests his head against the wall above the urinal as though he can't muster the strength to just use his own body strength to remain upright while relieving himself. Its so fucking weird. He is also a UT, so yeah he's a dude you wanna avoid being in the restroom at the same time as, natch.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Another day, another robocall from a telemarketer trying to sell me a cruise while spoofing fake numbers on my caller ID. I don't pick these calls up. They never stop coming, I get two or three every day. I wanted to see what might happen if I got through to a real operator, so I got past the fake operator/recording that talks to you when you answer the call and got patched through to an actual person.

I asked what company he worked for, got a "I'm sorry, you're breaking up, I can't understand you" response several times. Tried to get the call back on track by going along with it, "okay, how about now? let's hear about this cruise!" Then I asked how they got my number and the dude went with a "I just told you," reply like another three times. Have you ever been gaslighted like this in a one-on-one conversation? It's really something.

I was surprised how fast my willingness to engage with this person in the meconium shitbath that I knew was waiting for me had so quickly dried up, I simply can't do this even if I try to psyche myself up for it in advance. I was fired up and ready to destroy this dude, but that's not who I am and that's why nothing good will ever come from these misguided efforts and why even the meaningless satisfaction of giving them the pushback they deserve will always elude me. Once it was obvious to him that I wasn't interested, and it became obvious to myself that they weren't going to give me any of the information that they ought to be legally required to divulge when asked for, he finally offered to take my number off their list and I was "yeah, you do that" or something and he was like "okay, all you had to do was ask, we're both adults!"

No, I'm not taking his word for it. I am, however, left to ponder the possibility that, if it's not too inconvenient for them to do so, they may retaliate by doing something with whatever information of mine it is that they've got. It's awesome how they don't even have to float that as a threat and it's a scenario they still have on their side.

It's insane that it's 2017 and these people can't be tracked down, that both the telecom industry and law enforcement just impotently shrug over the impossible problem of tracing these calls over the very systems that they built and monitor to a personally invasive degree. The shared disdain against robocalls and the opportunists who buy and trade our personal information in running them is like the only thing that everyone in this country can agree on anymore, tracking down these people and making an example out of them would seem to be an obvious top priority and a quick way to build public trust and good PR but somehow that's lost on our best and brightest.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:59 pm

tl;dr

When's the cruise and where are you going?
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 am

undo wrote:Tuesdays they cut the grass and run the leaf blower across the street, it never takes less than 3 hours 4 them to finish and it's continuous. They started at 6:30 this morning.

On Wednesdays, the association will have the same thing done on our side of the street, so we get to do it all again.

Today they got on the roof with a bunch of equipment and supplies at 7:10 and started cleaning out the gutters.

Right outside the window where my stressed out and sick partner was maybe getting the first good night of sleep she’d had in maybe a week.

I got called off from work this morning, I should be looking forward to a free day but I am in a very poor mood right now. I shouldn’t have watched that video of the racist on the train.

Lately I’ve come to regret to regret most of these types of posts but I just need to vent about it because I don’t know.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:37 pm

I have been on the phone all morning/afternoon with healthcare.gov/state of Illinois/Aetna/Meridian Health. It is exasperating, none of them can help me and tell me exactly what to do, each of them points me somewhere else.

I cannot possibly begin to describe how insane and broken this whole process is. I mean either that's the case or I've just got full on dementia and don't even know it
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:20 pm

Nah, it ain't you. I think it was last year that I totaled up my time spent on the phone trying to take care of that stuff. It was more than 400 minutes.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Post by Nick Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:30 pm

The only thing more annoying than watching people board airplanes is watching tedious ass motherfuckers in the salad bar line. Am I right?!?!
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:48 am

I went on Craigslist to find some free moving boxes. Wtf everyone is selling their used boxes now? Fuck this country
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Try a liquor store.
    tjenz
    tjenz
    Bass Player from Creepy D

Pizzas : 77

Post by tjenz Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 am

Duff... wrote:Try a liquor store.

A solid answer for almost any life problem.

Post by undo Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:21 pm

All the trees, streetlights and road signs on our streets have yellow ribbons tied around them. Not really ribbons but yellow caution tape. Even the posts outside the front door of our building. These will surely fester and rot or eventually fall off and get blown into the ponds down the block if I don't circle the neighborhood and remove them all myself.

Is this to support the troops?

Seriously, please tell me if I'm going too far but are there forces at work who want to keep the day off but redefine Labor Day as another military holiday and continue to gut the meaning behind it?

I was talking to someone about this and it wasn't long before they went into the "Actually, I don't really like labor unions, they're pretty corrupt you know"-meme that someone brilliant got into everyone's heads and no one can even remember where they heard it.

"Well, my grandma said that the union screwed my grandpa out of a bunch of money." Don't know what to tell you!
    coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

Post by coyote Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Usually ribbons around a tree in the suburbs signify a recent local tragedy. Like the girl down the block has cancer or someone killed themselves. It’s like the trending thing.

Idk but I’m sick of the anti union garbage. As corrupt as some of them can be they have taken much less from the workers than corporations or politicians. My job would pay $11 an hour if it wasn’t for organized labor.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:51 am

https://www.aei.org/publication/happy-capital-day-3/
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:14 pm

Is that real?

I just woke up
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Post by reuben Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:50 pm

I mean, it’s a real Koch-backed think tank trying to make it a real thing.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:53 pm

coyote wrote:Usually ribbons around a tree in the suburbs signify a recent local tragedy. Like the girl down the block has cancer or someone killed themselves. It’s like the trending thing.

Well this just happened less than a mile away, I wouldn't have even known if I hadn't gone looking after reading your reply.

WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 pm

I celebrated Labor Day by ripping the Roskam sign out of my neighbors front yard and throwing it in my recycling bin.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Post by zappo Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:29 pm

That's not very respectful. Where do you draw the line?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm