zappo
undo
10 posters

I have never been to "the club"

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1137

I have never been to "the club" - Page 2 Empty Re: I have never been to "the club"

Post by undo Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:14 am

BGwaves wrote:
    Despite, or perhaps because of, Tramell’s manipulations, Curran unwisely agrees to meet up with the writer at Johnny Boz’s churchified rock club – another studio set at Burbank, based on New York’s Limelight Club, famously housed in a deconsecrated church on 6th Avenue at West 20th Street.
    https://www.movie-locations.com/movies/b/Basic-Instinct.php

I’ve heard Limelight was crazy in the 90s, seems like they wanted to use something familiar, famous, and chic as a set.

We never find out very much about Johnny Boz outside of the nature of his relationship with Catherine Tramell, aside from this brief exchange between two police officers at the scene of his murder.

GUS
    Who was this fuckin' guy?

NICK
    Rock and roll, Gus.  Johnny Boz.

GUS
    I never heard of him.

NICK
    (grins)
    Before your time, pop.
    (a beat)
    Mid-sixties.  Five or six hits.
    He's got a club down in the Fillmore now.

GUS
    Not now he don't.

Based on this, it feels extremely unlikely that he would own/run a club like the one shown in the film or described by the filmmakers!
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

I have never been to "the club" - Page 2 Empty Re: I have never been to "the club"

Post by Nick Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:12 pm

I watched The X Files season 1 episode “Gender Bender” this morning and there are some major club scenes throughout which is wild since it focuses on murder mysteries involving an Amish/cult sort of community.

Anyway, it made me think of this thread.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:31 pm

Watching this movie for the first time tonight. Sprinted to this thread as soon as it was finished.
    damo suzuki
    damo suzuki
    Still has http://lotsofpeopleposting.teensboards.com bookmarked

Pizzas : 61

Post by damo suzuki Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:37 pm

Julia Stiles. An era defined.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:51 pm

I have never been to "the club" - Page 2 Pengui10

This guy could hang out at and/or run any kind of club that he wants. Would he really choose to spend to spend hours of his day in a loud place with blinding lights that appears to be straights-only version of Berghain? Is he really enjoying any of the vibe there?

Same goes for all the other corrupt politicians/cops who are doing drops (?) at the Iceberg Lounge. I'm starting to question my biggest assumption about "going to the club": that people want to go to a club that plays the kind of music they especially like, music they'd listen to by choice whenever they're at home or on the go. I cannot quite wrap my head around the district attorney and all his normie friends in suits really being into the whole scene there. Is it all about getting to hang out with the host girls (?) and nothing else? Or is this what most exclusive clubs are really like, naturally filled with aging douchebags with money and anything else is just an exception to the rule?

I hope Kevin Saunderson got bank for this:

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Fri May 13, 2022 10:40 am

I’m at my first work team building off site in over 2 years. We are in Miami. Last night I was in the club and I honestly don’t think I’ve ever been in the club before.

It is a club called LIV. It was extremely loud, smoke and blasts of cold air would come at random & they played Spanish music that I’ve never heard before but everyone else in the club apparently knew every lyric to.

Whenever a club patron ordered a bottle of champagne several girls dressed in very little would deliver it in a large LIV lit up sign and several others holding light up sticks.

There was also some guy named Prince Fred throwing a birthday party for himself there and he had to be spending $6K every hour on bottles. The DJ would thank Prince Fred in between songs and wish him a happy birthday. Prince Fred wasn’t particularly handsome but he definitely had all the hottest girls dancing in his roped off area.

I got home at 4:15AM. I didn’t have a bad time. I didn’t have a good time. I did feel like I was part of the scene and at like 2:30AM thought of this thread.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:41 am

https://www.primarynightclub.com/

I've never been to this place but it looks legit or at least it doesn't look like an utter disaster. I guess I went to school (elementary/middle/high school) with the kid who started this place.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 pm