Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 814
    DispositionRock Guitars

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 6 Empty Re: Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Post by Ned Braden on Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:50 pm

I had a bonkers go nuts dream last night and woke up super groggy and threw it into the iPhone notes via dictation.
    I barely remember anything about it now, but let’s see what I speak-wrote!

Ned Braden’s IPhone wrote:I was back at the war College, but it wasn’t a war College. It was some other university with a very national security and defense feeling. Might’ve actually been FBI training. On the way to class after stealing my own bike and driving past my brother Kurt on the mountain, or I was spying on him for some weird reason, I got taken hostage. in an airport terminal, which for some reason, was involved in my morning commute to school.  I was part of the big group. I pretty much pussed out the whole time except finally some dude was like remember how u used to be a bad ass? And he convinced me to steal the murder weapon from the hostagetaking dick. I got a little article written up in the newspaper, and people always treated me like a hero now. On the way to afternoon class I was taken hostage again. This time immediately stole the murder weapon, but while I was doing it I took a bullet. Somehow this resulted in more media attention, and some sort of heroic turn of whatever. Don’t remember. Next thing I know, I’m on some weird mission like from the movie stripes, and my boss/mentor is Jim Mattis, played by Lloyd Bridges. We talk about books and he puts us through a series of challenges. For one of them, he turns into a giant evil cockroach, and we need to kill it. Which we do. Mostly I do. I have a big knife, but I don’t use it because the rules weren’t clear from the onset, and I don’t want to cheat.  Then basically, we’ve graduated for the day and he’s really impressed, and it turns into like a buddy hang out picture. We are only one of a bunch of little groups that “graduated“ from whatever this weird Boot Camp was. But we were the best group. We have like a big parade of all the groups, and a dude in the group next to us is totally Nick and we high five and are in on the story. Then an admiral that looks like Tony Orlando falls off a balcony, but he’s OK. We talked about the good soldier Svejk and we chug bottles of wine, and we talked about cities in Spain. Oh, where in Spain now for some reason. I’m his favorite disciple.
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Ballbag Hitter

Pizzas : 179

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 6 Empty Re: Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night

Post by jesus jones on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:50 am

had a dream last night in which pete buttigieg was a cult leader and the campaign rally i attended got more and more dangerous with every passing hour
    Soma
    Soma
    Your Tailor

Pizzas : 392

Post by Soma on Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 am

Sound Opinions was still about and Vamos had a massive breakdown where he admitted to trying and failing to steal his neighbour's cat and I sent Elastico a pm about it where the title was 'wtf' and the message was *that* picture of Vamos
    WP64
    WP64
    dying of laughter, here, but still genuinely sorry.

Pizzas : 42
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 on Fri May 10, 2019 12:46 pm

jesus jones wrote:had a dream last night in which pete buttigieg was a cult leader and the campaign rally i attended got more and more dangerous with every passing hour
    How many different languages were spoken during the rally though?

Also, which picture are you referring to, Soma?
    Soma
    Soma
    Your Tailor

Post by Soma on Fri May 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Oh, just a generic picture of him sitting down and looking up at the camera, being all skinny and teenage w/ a shaggy noughties bowl cut. It's nothing hilarious in and of itself, just how I (and presumably other people) would picture him whenever he made a post.
    Soma
    Soma
    Your Tailor

Post by Soma on Fri May 10, 2019 12:50 pm

Hold on it just occurred to me that a goat may have been involved?
    undo
    undo
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 883

Post by undo on Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:57 pm

No one on the board here was in this dream but I still feel compelled to share it. Perhaps undercooked_sausage could relate since he used to live in Lemont, and even if he never went to Pollyanna Brewing then surely he still knows where it is and can imagine how this went down.

In this dream, Bruce Springsteen was coming to Lemont to play a show, as he was really drawn to the town because the local mill had just shut down and he really empathized with the working men and women of the town that were now out of a job (in the early stages of the dream, there was even a montage of him being driven around the old downtown where he was looking out the backseat windows of the car at all the boarded up old storefronts down by the train station--in real life there's only an old hardware store there that's closed down but I guess my mind multiplied this by a hundred in the dream). After this sequence, I went to go to see him play at Pollyanna, but when I got there the building had transformed into an old barn. I stepped inside and it was a dimly-lit, dusty shed of a building with a rickety stage and The Boss was sitting right up there with a guitar and a bunch of Christmas lights dangling from the ceiling behind him. There were only like two dozen people there, but he was just happy to have a chance to bask in the blue collar squalor that hung thick in the air like a fog. These were his people and he was just honored to be there with them, sharing this moment...

I stood around for a while and watched (I don't remember any of his performance) and then headed outside into the back. I realized I was standing at the entrance to this place, the ground was covered with spikes like this in hopes that humans in the far future would avoid digging up the nuclear waste that was stored deep underground.

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 6 Spikef10

I had this dream about two months ago. Since then, I've gone to the movies a few times and on each visit they've played a trailer for a new Bruce Springsteen movie.

I'd never seen this trailer before. The barn he's putting on an Intimate Show in is exactly like the one I dreamed about several weeks before seeing it with my own eyes, except the one in my dream had more rotted out holes in the floor and spiderwebs up in the rafters.

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 6 Bruces10
    Duff...
    Duff...

Pizzas : 679
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... on Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Was barhopping with Techno Raj and Ned Braden. We got on a city bus that started veering out of control and we were being pretty cool about it.
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Wandering Dragon

Pizzas : 123
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Soma wrote:Sound Opinions was still about and Vamos had a massive breakdown where he admitted to trying and failing to steal his neighbour's cat and I sent Elastico a pm about it where the title was 'wtf' and the message was *that* picture of Vamos

Sorry to rehash old shit, but wasn't Vamos the dude who posted a picture of his dick on SOMB? Or maybe LOPP? Definitely read *that* picture as referring to that picture.
    undo
    undo
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 883

Post by undo on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:08 pm

That was Pinkerton (?) I think
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Wait, was that Pinkerton under Madrox's account? Or vice versa?
    Michael K.
    Michael K.
    Wandering Dragon

Pizzas : 123
    Dispositionpickled

Post by Michael K. on Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:46 pm

That happened too maybe - Pinkerton being sort of wild-eyed, skinny, and gingerish? But I recall a dude who looked liked Robin Arryn from GoT, laying sort of reclined with his dick out. I'm really hoping this happened and isn't just an image I've manufactured in my brain.
    Soma
    Soma
    Your Tailor

Post by Soma on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:16 pm

Vamos does look a lot like that bloke but I think you might be conflating him with Tongue Tied, an ex SOMBIE who was banned from Hipinion for masturbating on a cam site, recorded in a picture much like the one you described. News later travelled to this forum and Bruegel ribbed him about it in multiple Sound Opinions threads.

Or maybe Vamos also posted a picture of his raging throbber, idk
    Duff...
    Duff...

DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:51 pm

So I guess at this point maybe we don't know what "THAT" image of Vamos is. At least I don't. Probably something I really should remember but all I can picture is Carl Sagan.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 814
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:32 pm

LOL there have been some weird peeps round our internet hang out areas over the years that’s for sure.
    Would be thrilled to go bar hopping with Duff and Techno Raj any day tho.
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Lives in "Florida"

Pizzas : 197

Post by techno raj on Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:18 pm

Next time I'm on a careening bus I will look around for familiar faces and then rest easy and say to myself "it's all a dream, it's all a dream..."

The Vamos picture I remember is one where he was seated, maybe with his knees up to his chest, looking up at an angle at the camera. I remember Paves posted the below image in a film thread after watching Valerie and Her Week of Wonders and I said "Hey Valerie remember that picture of you?" so I think it must have looked at least vaguely like this.

Fiscal Cliff Burton was in my dream last night - Page 6 500full-valerie-and-her-week-of-wonders-%281970%29-screenshot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:05 am