going through some shit right now

coyote
    coyote
    Gestalt entity formed from the collective consciousness of LOPP

Pizzas : 85

going through some shit right now - Page 41 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by coyote on Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Sending good vibes to you all. We can all get through our struggles. It’s hard I know Sad
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Ballbag Hitter

Pizzas : 179

going through some shit right now - Page 41 Empty Re: going through some shit right now

Post by jesus jones on Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:09 pm

i don’t know why i keep waking up
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 814
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:13 am

Comments: "getting racists fired."

You waking up makes the world better for the rest of us.
    I don't know if it helps, but I love you guys. The world can be super shitty, and I hate to see it being super shitty to all of you. Hope things get better.
    WP64
    WP64
    dying of laughter, here, but still genuinely sorry.

Pizzas : 42
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 on Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:14 pm

Yeah, interacting with you guys for the last decade or so has literally made me into a better person.
    WP64
    WP64

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:50 pm

I finally got assigned something at work but I have no idea how the fuck I am supposed to get literally anything done right now... I just have a constant state of very low-level, almost ambient anxiety about literally everything. Fuck this shit.
    zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Pizzas : 836

Post by zappo on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:57 pm

Word just came down. Damn it. I should expect to be mostly out of work until the summer. Not entirely, but the thought is that I'll be working for a total of a few days, as opposed to a few months, until then. Motherfucker!
    zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Post by zappo on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:58 pm

Owing to my Type 1 diabetes, there aren't many other avenues left open to me, at this point, as I would be risking literal death by attending any interviews or doing any work that is not 100% remote. To say nothing of the deaths of my even-more-immune-compromised immediate family members.
    undo
    undo
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 883

Post by undo on Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:35 pm

Day #2 of my neck and left shoulder feeling really sore and screwed up. I didn't do anything to hurt it! Just slept wrong the other night and nothing's been the same since.
    undo
    undo
    Yawn Yeller

Post by undo on Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:36 pm

zappo wrote:Word just came down.  Damn it.  I should expect to be mostly out of work until the summer.  Not entirely, but the thought is that I'll be working for a total of a few days, as opposed to a few months, until then.  Motherfucker!

You mentioned you working in the standardized testing industry? Am I thinking of someone else here?
    zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Post by zappo on Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:24 pm

You're thinking of me. I was one of the last three people working (more than 1500 were already sent "home," by then), but we officially ran out of anything at all to do on Tuesday morning. Nothing on my plate for a long, long, long time, now.
    zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Post by zappo on Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:24 pm

I'm/I was working on the SAT, these days.
    zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Post by zappo on Thu May 28, 2020 2:02 pm

Had to get a cortisone injection, yesterday, in hopes of helping a bad joint enough to avoid surgery. It seems that one of the one-in-a-zillion side effects of such an injection is getting the worst case of hiccups in your entire life. Over 24 hours, now, and happening every 5-10 seconds. I did fall asleep, last night, but only for a few minutes at a time.

So I'm going to be committing suicide, this afternoon. Nice knowing y'all!

zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Post by zappo on Thu May 28, 2020 2:03 pm

undo
    undo
    Yawn Yeller

Post by undo on Thu May 28, 2020 2:10 pm

Does holding your breath help?
    zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Post by zappo on Thu May 28, 2020 2:27 pm

No, the only thing that can fix it is the elimination (over time) of the steroid from the system. In the days before diabetes, I simply had a small spoonful of sugar to cure the hiccups in about one second; never failed! But I really shouldn't do that, no more, so I've gone with the also-undefeated big-ass spoonful of peanut butter.

I knew that something was up when I somehow hiccuped twice literally while swallowing the peanut butter. I just have to ride it out until the background check on the firearm sale completes. Then I can finally be free!!!!!!
    zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Post by zappo on Thu May 28, 2020 2:28 pm

I wouldn't even wish this hell on Ken Burns!
    Duff...
    Duff...

Pizzas : 679
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... on Fri May 29, 2020 2:45 am

Uh, don't kill yourself.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 814
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden on Fri May 29, 2020 4:01 pm

“undefeated big-ass spoonful of peanut butter” is a perfect turn of phrase. Other than that rather obvious observation, I don’t have anything useful to offer in terms of advice. What duff said. And good luck.
    undo
    undo
    Yawn Yeller

Post by undo on Fri May 29, 2020 4:05 pm

chunky or smooth?
    Soma
    Soma
    Your Tailor

Pizzas : 392

Post by Soma on Fri May 29, 2020 4:21 pm

Duff... wrote:Uh, don't kill yourself.

Yeah, I know it probably wasn't a literal statement but definitely don't do this
    zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Post by zappo on Fri May 29, 2020 11:29 pm

undo wrote:chunky or smooth?

Neither has ever failed me until this week, but smooth (or creamy, if you will) has, historically, fixed the problem within microseconds. With chunky, it's more like milliseconds. Either way, George Washington Carver really would've been onto something if he'd invented them shits. Brimming with both flavor and curative properties!
    undo
    undo
    Yawn Yeller

Post by undo on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:30 pm

zappo wrote:Either way, George Washington Carver really would've been onto something if he'd invented them shits.

He didn't?
    WP64
    WP64

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 on Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:39 pm

I have been fighting with my company for the last two weeks. They desperately need employees to come back and work full-time right now. Since my plans have been postponed due to the ongoing global pandemic, I figured it was a good opportunity to make some more money and actually have health insurance (which would be really nice right now!)

So I wrote them a really nice email saying that I would like to come back but that I was hoping for a small raise (basically adjusting my salary to inflation). It took them about a week to respond and they just told me to fuck myself. I finally got them to accept a 4% raise and they changed my title at the company as well. They drafted an offer letter and I just looked at it. They included a "90 day trial period" that excluded me from accessing any of the company's benefits, including their subsidized health insurance. I am not a new employee (I have been there for two years in some capacity or another). So now I have to argue with them about this shit too... I basically just asked if they are seriously trying to deny me access health insurance during a pandemic? Basically the only reason that I am going back full time is because I really, really need to get health insurance because I have a persistent problem with my back and unfortunately it seems like I have a slipped or herniated disc in my spine. Mad

But sure, I should feel pressured into voting for Joe Biden. They can all go fuck themselves. I am already in conversation with labor organizers in Chicago because as soon as they get back going full-time I am organizing this office and forming a motherfucking labor union. Fuck this country!
    Soma
    Soma
    Your Tailor

Pizzas : 392

Post by Soma on Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:14 pm

Been having massive waves of anxiety every night ever since lockdown started

it's not even directly related to the virus, though definitely a product of it, I think I've always had the inverse of social anxiety and not spending any time around people other than my family (flatmate's an essential worker, had to move back in for the duration) has me on the brink of panic attacks on a daily basis

the world's a hellscape I hope that one day we can all live, laugh and fuck again
    zappo
    zappo
    YouTube shooter

Post by zappo on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:07 pm

Most of my family is in Germany, but most of the stateside crew are split between the Chicagoland and Bay areas and Arizona. A real motley-ass crew, let me tell you.

One of my cousins was driving home from work in AZ, last week, and had to swerve to avoid someone who had illegally turned in front of her on a major highway. She avoided that accident, but had to swerve toward the median to do so. To avoid the median, she swerved back into traffic. She overcorrected, though, and her car skidded. Into a tree. The pictures of the wreck...are not something I will ever forget, as long as I live.

She has been in a coma for seven days, now. Her spine, pelvis, and shoulder are broken, along with most of her ribs. She has four active brain-bleeds. If she wakes up, which is (terrifyingly) not at all guaranteed, she may have serious brain damage. Or not, of course. FUCKING hell, do I hope not.

As I mentioned earlier and for the purposes of setting up this part of the story, this branch of my family of mostly liberal savages resides in Arizona. You may have heard some talk in the lamestream media about how AZ is experiencing a serious onslaught of COVID-19 cases. This means that nobody has been able to see her since this happened. A series of video calls with the doctors in the hospital is the closest her mother, father, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends have been able to get to her...and most of us, as I can tell you, have not even gotten that close.

I am a mostly numb wreck. "Mostly" because of the random panic attacks that keep suddenly springing up. I want to get out there but obviously cannot. There's nothing that I or anybody else can do except for wait and, I dunno, "hope for the best." AKA, we can't do anything. I remember the day she was born. I just...I don't know. This is awful.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:04 am