DBaggins
damo suzuki
20 posters

It is so motherfucking cold out today.

coyote
    coyote
    A classically handsome man's man in the Huey Lewis mold

Pizzas : 99

It is so motherfucking cold out today.   - Page 2 Empty Re: It is so motherfucking cold out today.

Post by coyote Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:54 am

It usually doesn't get on my nerves because I feel they mean sort of well, but lately when people peep out of their doors to grab the mail and just say "Stay Warm..." well, fuck. That's pretty much impossible. And I rarely respond to that. It's some sort of town cliche here they say to the mail carrier.

I read a note of sarcasm in most of the voices as well, because it's obvious to them they have the upper hand here. I'm a letter carrier on a subzero day, and they are driving up in their BMW suv to walk into their million dollar home. It must be amusing to at least a few of them to watch the lower class man who didnt inherit easy money walk in circles on a natural ice rink from the comfort of their bay windows, I imagine.

Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

It is so motherfucking cold out today.   - Page 2 Empty Re: It is so motherfucking cold out today.

Post by Nick Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:36 am

I stop my BMW at the end of my driveway to grab my mail because it's too fucking cold to walk back down after I pull into a 3 car garage!
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:23 pm

what's worse, walking up a totally-unshoveled driveway or a driveway that's bee shoveled but has a thing layer of ice on 80% of it?

this is a relatively steep driveway we're talking here
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:04 pm

undo wrote:what's worse, walking up a totally-unshoveled driveway or a driveway that's bee shoveled but has a thing layer of ice on 80% of it?

this is a relatively steep driveway we're talking here

i'd maybe rather walk up the snowy drive than up a steep incline of ice. the worst is a thin veneer of snow over ice.

both sound difficult, but with awareness i have been very safe for the last couple of winters and haven't fallen.

steep wooden stairs without hand rails are the worst imo.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 65
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:17 pm

I hit a patch of black ice a couple weekends ago on Fullerton while walking back to my place at like 3am. I was super aware of the possibility of that happening so I was actually grabbing onto the fence next to me for added support. Still ended up on my back though.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:58 am

I actually can't believe that DePaul is not cancelling school tomorrow. I was really banking on that so now I am forced to stay up all night to get this shit done. This is going to be a brutal fucking day.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:16 am

Fuck it. I'm going to bed and am skipping more class. No shame.
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:42 am

Been scared of getting frostbite and hypothermia today n yestarday. actually scared.
    coyote
    coyote

Post by coyote Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:44 am

I flew through my work ystday and snuck out all other carriers were out there from dawn to past sundown
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:29 pm

i worked a move today and it really, really sucked
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:39 pm

I have a cush-ass job and strolled in at 11 today when it was a balmy zero degrees. Feel for you real workers out there.
    reuben
    reuben
    President Bannon

Pizzas : 710

Post by reuben Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:11 pm

The thermostat in my office was set at 77 degrees for some reason and nobody could change it. Bullshit.
    quip
    quip
    Jasper's Yurt of Enlightened Conversation

Pizzas : 74

Post by quip Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:03 pm

We stocked up on groceries yesterday so we don't have to leave the house for the rest of the week.
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 809
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:13 pm

We're barricaded in with leftover lasagna and carnitas and plenty of booze.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:30 am

Genuinely feel bad for people who have employers that won’t close the office today.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:25 am

What happened to that global waming thing
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:57 pm

WP64 wrote:What happened to that global waming thing

definitely going to have to deploy this one a few times before the day is over

It is so motherfucking cold out today.   - Page 2 Cold
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:36 pm

I've seen colder.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:37 pm

stay frosty
    undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1138

Post by undo Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:20 am

Internet has been out since 7:00 on Tuesday night, can I just straight-up rum my phone as a hotspot for my Roku to get Internet service? I know it’s costing data but I’m sure I have it covered. Do you ever do this?
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 228

Post by techno raj Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:51 am

undo wrote:Internet has been out since 7:00 on Tuesday night, can I just straight-up rum my phone as a hotspot for my Roku to get Internet service? I know it’s costing data but I’m sure I have it covered. Do you ever do this?

My partner does this and she finds it to be fine for regular browsing and stuff. Maybe not video.

Internet has been out here. Working from a bar near my place. Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:13 pm