tjenz
Ted Falconi
21 posters

The Donald J. Trump Presidency

undo
    undo
    Internet's Busiest Music Nerd

Pizzas : 1139

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 28 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by undo Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:01 pm

undo
    undo

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 28 Empty Re: The Donald J. Trump Presidency

Post by undo Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:02 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/02/19/opinion/how-does-trump-stack-up-against-the-best-and-worst-presidents.html

The Donald J. Trump Presidency - Page 28 Trumps10

chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 342

Post by chrondog Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:03 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/04/11/john-boehner-was-a-longtime-opponent-of-marijuana-reform-heres-what-changed-his-mind/?utm_term=.ddeaecc08fd7

Is there anything stupider than trying to justify why a former politician "evolved" on an issue so they could collect an executive salary when their opposition to reform was entirely red meat politicking?

I hope the two bros who wrote this go home and feel fucking dumb tonight.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:02 pm

This Easter I talked to a lifelong pot smoker who voted against legalization in a referendum on the ballot in Chicago.

"Aw man, you just know these tobacco companies are gonna come in and take it all over, they're gonna be selling marijuana cigarettes and making all the money off it. You just watch. They're gonna take the fun out of it!"

Racist daily user still trapped in the 70s is more worried about The Man making weed square than he cares about people's lives being ruined by pointless convictions. I didn't care to say anything at the time but with every day that's passed I regret not calling him out on it in front of his whole family.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:03 pm

He probably voted for Trump.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:42 pm

It's moments like that where you realize that a lot of peoples' thought process stops at "how does this directly affect my day to day life?" Even though legalization will reduce the cost of weed, saving him money, and save lives, he is only able to process what is right in front of him every day.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Actually no, the problem is people cannot process how policies do affect their day to day life, though I get what you are saying.
    chrondog
    chrondog
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Post by chrondog Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:06 pm

I'm not saying that he can accurately understand how policy affects day to day life, just that his thought process only goes as far as trying to relate the policy to his day to day
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:49 pm

A coworker of mine (guy who teaches his kids that homosexuals are no different than dogs who want to hump people's legs) denied being a Trump supporter. "I just don't think we should criticize the person in charge, that's all."

Can't wait to see how that plays out after this.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:00 pm

Trump Tweeted about the USA/Canada/Mexico World Cup bid and that could have just handed the bid to Morocco for 2026.

His base probably loves it though because I’m guessing 99% of them hate soccer.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Remember them cheering when we lost the 2020 Olympic bid
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:38 pm

My recommended feed on YouTube is packed with videos about Trump calling in (!) (?) to Fox and Friends.

Every day now these stories are already old news by the time I hear about them and then I still need at least half a day to steel myself to actually watch any of them.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:35 pm

undo
    undo

Post by undo Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:39 pm

what is the source of this
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:20 pm

It sounds like a flamboyant way of describing a New York Times story from earlier today.
    WP64
    WP64
    Mystery Thread Deleter

Pizzas : 67
    DispositionIntransigent

Post by WP64 Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:27 am

I have always hated Chance the Rapper and I saw this bullshit coming.
    undo
    undo

Post by undo Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:04 am

what happened
    techno raj
    techno raj
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 231

Post by techno raj Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:44 pm

undo wrote:Remember them cheering when we lost the 2020 Olympic bid

Given the history of Olympics advocates over-promising and under-delivering for so many host cities I can't say I really blame anyone for celebrating dodging that bullet.
    Marty
    Marty
    Complex Writer

Pizzas : -1
    DispositionBad Ass

Post by Marty Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:17 pm

undo wrote:

When 50% of the people vote, it’s just simple math to try and mobilize the largest demographic and pull that number up. From day one he went for the White vote. A brazen move in a time of such politically correctness.

Any other politician would simply have been too afraid to even try it.
    Nick
    Nick
    anorexic Skeletor

Pizzas : 978

Post by Nick Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:30 pm

undo wrote:what happened

He defended Kanye supporting Trump & then said not all black people have to be Democrats.

Then he reversed his stance when the backlash took over and he probably got worried he’d get cut from an upcoming festival or something.

I have no time for his positive hip hop bullshit.
    ? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Post by ? Ospink Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Marty wrote:
    undo wrote:

When 50% of the people vote, it’s just simple math to try and mobilize the largest demographic and pull that number up. From day one he went for the White vote. A brazen move in a time of such politically correctness.

Any other politician would simply have been too afraid to even try it.
    or perhaps instinctively appalled by the idea
    Duff...
    Duff...
    Current Bass Player of UFO

Pizzas : 810
    DispositionSunny.

Post by Duff... Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:50 pm

Ted Cruz was trying to do that too. Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum, and Michelle Bachmann went for it in 2012. Part of why I assumed Trump (and Cruz and Carson) would flame out was because that's exactly what kept happening in 2012 when everyone just settled for Romney.

Chance the Rapper forever.
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:35 pm

I hate that I am constantly reading articles and staring at headlines about this stupid, stupid bullshit. I am continuing to tune into this fucked reality show, due only to the fact that I am obsessively praying that this fuckface will get voted off the island. I am the shitbag public that people like Trump make money off of (or, in this case, internet clicks).
    jesus jones
    jesus jones
    Tub of Lemon Chobani

Pizzas : 259

Post by jesus jones Wed May 02, 2018 11:10 am

i hope he dies by having a heart attack during a violent bout of diarrhea and send a half-written, semi-coherent tweet the very moment he expires
    Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 995
    DispositionRock Guitars

Post by Ned Braden Thu May 03, 2018 12:32 am

Haven't watched this entire thing yet, but so far, a whole lot of quality here:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:37 pm