Passings

? Ospink
    ? Ospink
    Funky Monk

Pizzas : 85
    DispositionHappy and handsome

Passings Empty Passings

Post by ? Ospink Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Found this excerpt online, of an interview with Harry Dean Stanton from a few years ago:

"... I'm 87 years old...I only eat so I can smoke and stay alive.. The only fear I have is how long consciousness is gonna hang on after my body goes. I just hope there's nothing. Like there was before I was born. I'm not really into religion, they're all macrocosms of the ego. When man began to think he was a separate person with a separate soul, it created a violent situation.

The void, the concept of nothingness, is terrifying to most people on the planet. And I get anxiety attacks myself. I know the fear of that void. You have to learn to die before you die. You give up, surrender to the void, to nothingness.

Anybody else you've interviewed bring these things up? Hang on, I gotta take this call..... Hey, brother. That's great, man. Yeah, I'm being interviewed... We're talking about nothing. I've got him well-steeped in nothing right now. He's stopped asking questions."

zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Passings Empty Re: Passings

Post by zappo Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Just watched Harry "Zen" Stanton (after watching Repo Man) with Sausage and Paves, last week.  Dude was on another level.
    zappo
    zappo
    Supermasculine Menial

Pizzas : 870

Post by zappo Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Ned Braden
    Ned Braden
    Yawn Yeller

Pizzas : 993
    DispositionRock Guitars